The dreaded brake warning lights flashing! - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 22Likes
  • 2 Post By alabrew
  • 1 Post By saddleman
  • 1 Post By Buff8stuff
  • 1 Post By jzeiler
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 2 Post By gary45
  • 1 Post By CaliDefector
  • 2 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By gary45
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By gary45
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By gary45
  • 1 Post By Voyager
  • 1 Post By Voyager
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old Nov 17th, 2014, 3:16 am Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sturminster Newton, Dorset, England
Posts: 45
The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Hi fellow LTers, I'd like some help/advice,please. I've done some searching around on here,but can't seem to find anything that matches my particular problem. Bike is a 2004 Euro model K1200LT-LUX with integratedABS

Here goes: Two weeks ago,I went on a 500 mile round trip,everything worked exactly as it should,got back home,parked the bike up on the side stand,outside,not covered. The bike was stood,untouched for those two weeks,until yesterday. During these two weeks,it's rained pretty much every day,often heavy,prolonged showers(well,it is England!).

Yesterday,I started the bike,no problems with that,I then reversed back a little way,then rode forward enough for the brake warning lights(red triangle and "brake failure")to go out,no problems so far.Switched off the ignition,went indoors to get my riding kit on,went back to the bike,again everything was as normal,off I go. About 100 yards down the road,it happened! The dreaded brake warning lights came on,the red triangle stays on continuously,the "brake failure" flashing at 4htz,residual braking only. I stop,switch off,then switch on again,bike starts but warning lights are still rapidly flashing.I pull away,brakes(servo)are now working,yet still the warning lights are still flashing, a couple miles on,and brakes revert to residual only.

In total,I rode for about 30 miles,but the situation didn't improve,one minute I had full braking,the next minute,only residual braking.I'd had enough,I turned and headed back home,so 60 miles in total, The only thing that was constant throughout was the "brake warning" light never stopped flashing at 4htz and the red triangle stayed on the whole time. I couldn't do much when I got back because,yet again,it was raining!

So,questions; Could it be that the rain has caused a sensor to partially seize(the front left side abs was particularly exposed to the rain during the 2 weeks that the bike was parked),or have I got a more serious(expensive)problem,such as a buggered servo?

I'd be grateful for some guidance from the gurus.

Twistgrip
Twistgrip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 Old Nov 17th, 2014, 8:55 am
Member
 
HarrisBikeNut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bourne, Lincolnshire, UK
Posts: 91
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Do you have access to the GS911 diagnostic tool? Helped me reset the ABS on my 99 K12 in about 2 minutes, and will tell you if anything is faulty. Have used it on my 04 plate K12 to check things out, just need a lap top and download the software.
Could mail mine to you if you want to cover postage and the cost of replacement if it gets lost etc.
What about an air line to remove any residual water that may have pooled somewhere?

Bob
Sunny (?) Lincolnshire

07904693326
HarrisBikeNut1 is offline  
post #3 of 48 Old Nov 17th, 2014, 10:36 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chesterfield, South Carolina, United States
Posts: 248
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Several months ago, my riding buddies and I went on a long weekend trip to the mountains. We got caught in the middle of nowhere when the rain came and it was bad. We could not pull off the road so we had to keep going. After about 30 miles we stopped for the night at a motel. Just before I parked my LT the brake warning light started flashing. Needless to say I did not sleep much that night because we were about 450 miles from home. Well the next morning we went to breakfast, the brakes seemed fine but the warning light was still flashing. It had continued to rain for most of the night. But after a few miles the light quit flashing and after several months no more problem. So, it could have something to do with the rain. Good Luck.
Notahog is offline  
 
post #4 of 48 Old Nov 17th, 2014, 5:32 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Pelham, AL, United States
Posts: 530
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Make sure the battery is at full charge first as the system is sensitive to low voltage.
Your two weeks sitting and cranking a few times could have drained the battery.
Patric and CaliDefector like this.

_____________

Kim Thomson
Motorcycle Cigar Smoker
05 K1200LT - The Golden Rocket Ship
91 K100RS - The White Stallion
85 K100 Standard - Big Red
79 R65 - "The Bee" is a buzzin' again!
06 525i - Premium, Sport, Comfort, Xenons

Gone, but not forgotten...
02 K1200LTC - Big Blue (accident at 40k)
88 K100RT - Chocolate (it was brown, melted - fire)
85 K100RT - (wore out)
82 Yamaha Vision - (electrics)
72 Yamaha R5C 350 - (broke trans)
alabrew is offline  
post #5 of 48 Old Nov 17th, 2014, 7:59 pm
Senior Member
 
silverlt2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: , ,
Posts: 190
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Check the simple things first. You may have already done it but have you checked the two brake fluid reservoirs for the rear that are located on the right side under the plastic and pegs?

My bike announces the first really chilly day of fall at least every other year by giving me the brake warning flashes to tell me the fluid level is a bit low. It is a combination of the cold and the pad wear during the year that lowers the fluid level. You would think I would be smart enough to check the fluid more often but it really is a pain in the butt to get to those rear reservoirs.

Steve Green
US Army (Ret)
2002 KLT
Titan Silver

I don't like making plans for the day....because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.
silverlt2002 is offline  
post #6 of 48 Old Nov 17th, 2014, 8:00 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , ,
Posts: 16
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

I had a similar problem and all I needed to do was add a half shot of brake fluid to the reservoir under the seat.
lhazelton is offline  
post #7 of 48 Old Nov 17th, 2014, 9:05 pm
Member
 
Tarmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 47
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

My '02 had this issue which turned out to be a bent bracket holding the front end of the rear brake line. The brake line and the sensor wire were rubbing on the rear wheel and eventually wore through the sensor wire. I sliced the wires and all is good. Also need to replace the brake line. Looking for a good deal on SS lines.
Wayne
Tarmac is offline  
post #8 of 48 Old Nov 17th, 2014, 9:12 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Clair Shores, MI, USA
Posts: 96
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

another vote for the simple stuff: check the fluid.

My LT brakes were fast-blinking this spring...and I had just had an event I was assuming was related (tipping the bike). I called my friendly dealer, told him I was bringing it in for its annual checkover and whatever the brake problem was. Begged him to be nice to me, as I was NOT in a position to drop big money on the brakes. Over the phone he told me not to worry, most likely just fluid level...and sure enough, that's all it was.
NickHolland is offline  
post #9 of 48 Old Nov 18th, 2014, 8:31 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: near Cleveland, OH, USA
Posts: 357
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

My GS 911 reported low brake fluid level in the rear brake fluid reservoir of my 2003 K1200LT. It was only 10cc low but that was enough to cause the rapid flashing of the brake warning lights. After I topped up the rear reservoir all the flashing stopped and the GS 911 gave my LT a clean bill of health. These are sophisticated machines as are many of the late model BMW motorcycles. It is therefore worth having a good diagnostic tool to help troubleshoot these issues when and if they come up. The GS 911 works and becomes an indispensable money saving tool when you have a puzzling issue arising with your bike.
microdoc is online now  
post #10 of 48 Old Nov 18th, 2014, 7:50 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire
 
jzeiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hazel Green, AL, USA
Posts: 13,271
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

The early iABS reservoir sensors are very sensitive and often a teaspoon will make a difference. On the other hand once you get the wig wag on a 05 -09 you had better check your brake pads as they are close to the wear limit.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jzeiler is offline  
post #11 of 48 Old Nov 20th, 2014, 2:05 am Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sturminster Newton, Dorset, England
Posts: 45
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Thanks to all you guys for the replies. I've been away from home all week(bloody work!). I'm on my way back home today,so hopefully I'll get to have a look at the bike over the weekend.

One thing that did cross my mind,and something that has been mentioned above,is that the bike fell over onto the right side a couple weeks ago,no damage done,but,thinking about it,maybe I lost a little brake fluid. ummm

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks once again.
Ted
Twistgrip is offline  
post #12 of 48 Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 5:45 am Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sturminster Newton, Dorset, England
Posts: 45
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Well,I've had a quick look,(its raining again!) I topped up the rear reservoir, it was a bit low,in fact it was just above the minimum mark,started her up and the red triangle is still on constantly, and "brake failure"is still flashing at 4htz.

Questions: Is there another reservoir lurking somewhere,perhaps behind a side panel?

I will probably take the bike to my local(independent)mechanic sometime next week for diagnostics. Where on the bike is the plug located that the diagnosis thingy plugs into. I could take off any plastic panels in advance and just ride it naked(the bike would be naked,not me It would save on labour costs.
Twistgrip is offline  
post #13 of 48 Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 6:03 am
Senior Member
 
Axle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: portland, victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,485
Garage
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

sorry about the rain It's beautiful here unless he is an expert on k12lt's or bmw's, he may not have the skill or the equipment to check it, you need a GS 911 to read codes and test the system. The plug is under the seat, round, should have a grey rubber cap on it, and no you don't need to remove panels if you are only going to hook it up to test the system

Regards Linton
From the land of Kangaroo's and Koalas
and no koalas are not Bears



2002 K1200LT
2010 Suzuki GSX 1250FA (the Wifes)
2004 Cub Kamparoo Sprint
My Toys
1976 Datsun 260Z
1989 Nissan 300zx TT
Axle is offline  
post #14 of 48 Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 6:43 am
Enjoy The Ride
 
saddleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Huntersville, NC, USA
Posts: 3,888
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Did you ride the bike after you topped off the fluid. The flashing lights will never go off until you ride a short distance.
Patric likes this.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
saddleman is offline  
post #15 of 48 Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 8:17 am Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sturminster Newton, Dorset, England
Posts: 45
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
Did you ride the bike after you topped off the fluid. The flashing lights will never go off until you ride a short distance.
Yes,I know that But if everything was working correctly,the "brake failure" light would only be flashing at 1 htz until pull away. As I said,"brake failure" is flashing at 4 htz whether I ride the bike or not

I found the diagnosis plug. I was looking for the grey cap,but it had been placed in its holder the wrong way round,hence,I couldn't see it.

I also have a 1981 Goldwing sidecar outfit and also a 2010 Moto Guzzi Stelvio,both were bought new,both have been ultra reliable.i've done 167,000 miles on the 'wing and its never once let me down If only I could say the same about this LT.
Twistgrip is offline  
post #16 of 48 Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 8:31 am
Senior Member
 
DanDiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 4,840
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

The LT was a little temperamental, but what a great ride and for me, worth it's quirks... ...

Previously with my 02, I had what seems to be the same problem as you and as others have said, it was the batteries voltage and low fluid. The battery must be at full charge and the fluids, both chambers, must be full. It seems that the sensors are pretty sensitive.

I've had other bikes that seemed to be more reliable at times, but not nearly as much fun. I think, though, with time, I tend to remember the good times and forget the bad.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
DanDiver is offline  
post #17 of 48 Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 11:06 am
Senior Member
 
blueknightga6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Acworth, GA, USA
Posts: 1,176
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Dan's right. I don't know if your 2004 is like my 2002 was but there actually TWO reservoirs back there on the right side. And one of them is a pain to reach with out removing the tupperware around the side case. Take off the caps and top off both. There are overflow vents on them so don't worry. All that depends on if the 2004 was the same as the 2002 but it won't hurt to look.

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
blueknightga6 is offline  
post #18 of 48 Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 11:38 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire
 
jzeiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hazel Green, AL, USA
Posts: 13,271
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

The 2004 in Europe is the same as the 05 in the US. The reservoirs are ON the ABS unit. But reservoirs only cause the wig -wag flash between the two warning lights. The steady general and fast flash of the brake failure light are pointing to a servo fault. On rare occasions this could be due to gunk in the pressure sensors and a full system flush may clear it but the prognosis once you get that is a servo change. It can also be caused by a weak battery, but if it is starting OK in cold weather I don't suspect that. Worth having the battery load tested but be ready to replace the servo.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jzeiler is offline  
post #19 of 48 Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 4:31 pm
Senior Member
 
silverlt2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: , ,
Posts: 190
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

You said you topped up the reservoir, did you open BOTH caps and top them both up? There are two, the one in the back is even harder to see, access and fill and they are independent for filling. If you only filled the front one you may be getting the warning because the rear is still low.

Steve Green
US Army (Ret)
2002 KLT
Titan Silver

I don't like making plans for the day....because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.
silverlt2002 is offline  
post #20 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 8:39 am
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

My bike developed the common iABS failure, (it's a 2003 K1200GT), and I contacted BMW in the hope that they would replace the ABS unit FOC. They wouldn't. They did however offer the new pump to me at 20% of the price, or an 80% discount, as they chose to look at it. I turned that offer down, as I would have had to pay for the labour at a BMW garage, which would have taken the total cost to £740. I wasn't prepared to pay a single penny for a unit that is exactly the same as the one that had failed, and would therefore also fail at any time, regardless of age or mileage.
I have taken some actions in order to have BMW recall all those bikes which have been affected by the iABS fault, and I was wondering if anyone knows if this fault has been involved in a fatality? If anyone can provide verifiable evidence, I would be extremely grateful.
I live in the UK, and was wondering, how many affected owners would be prepared to provide verifiable information on their own bikes, in order to gauge the scale of this problem, and also to present to VOSA, who I have contacted, and my local MP, who I have already made aware of this issue, and who hopefully will take this matter to a conclusion.
I would be interested to hear from affected owners from anywhere in the world, but I have to stress that at this stage, I can only put forward information from UK riders only. Depending on numbers, that may be all that is required.
If you are on any other forums where this issue has been raised/discussed, please share this post on those forums too.
I intend to have BMW recall these bikes, and I don't intend on giving up.
I need to put a date on this, so I would ask that any information you wish to give should be provided by 30th June 2015.
philip51 is offline  
post #21 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 10:45 am
Lifetime Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Valley, UT, USA
Posts: 414
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

I only work on my own bike and I have not looked through every post about brake problems. So It would be good to hear from the gurus on the forum that work on others and pay more attention to the posts about failures, specifically John Z., Sailor and Kirk.

My own opinion based on the threads I have followed along with my own experience is that true failures due to defects are very rare. Most of the brake issues I see come down to something other than the iABS module. The module failures I am aware of are for the most part due to lack of maintenance. As far as injury or death due to brake failure on a BMW bike I have never heard of one. I would hope that by the time your bike gets to the point you could have a failure, you have figured out how the emergency brake on a motorcycle works.
CaliDefector likes this.
Buff8stuff is offline  
post #22 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 10:49 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire
 
jzeiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hazel Green, AL, USA
Posts: 13,271
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

I will only ask did you follow BMW's requirement for annual and semi-annual brake system flushes? If not, old moisture laden fluid is the likely cause of the failure not the design of the unit.
CaliDefector likes this.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jzeiler is offline  
post #23 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 2:23 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
My bike developed the common iABS failure, (it's a 2003 K1200GT), and I contacted BMW in the hope that they would replace the ABS unit FOC. They wouldn't. They did however offer the new pump to me at 20% of the price, or an 80% discount, as they chose to look at it. I turned that offer down, as I would have had to pay for the labour at a BMW garage, which would have taken the total cost to £740. I wasn't prepared to pay a single penny for a unit that is exactly the same as the one that had failed, and would therefore also fail at any time, regardless of age or mileage.
I have taken some actions in order to have BMW recall all those bikes which have been affected by the iABS fault, and I was wondering if anyone knows if this fault has been involved in a fatality? If anyone can provide verifiable evidence, I would be extremely grateful.
I live in the UK, and was wondering, how many affected owners would be prepared to provide verifiable information on their own bikes, in order to gauge the scale of this problem, and also to present to VOSA, who I have contacted, and my local MP, who I have already made aware of this issue, and who hopefully will take this matter to a conclusion.
I would be interested to hear from affected owners from anywhere in the world, but I have to stress that at this stage, I can only put forward information from UK riders only. Depending on numbers, that may be all that is required.
If you are on any other forums where this issue has been raised/discussed, please share this post on those forums too.
I intend to have BMW recall these bikes, and I don't intend on giving up.
I need to put a date on this, so I would ask that any information you wish to give should be provided by 30th June 2015.
What is the "common iABS failure"?

You seriously expect 100% warranty coverage on a 12 year old motorcycle? This is a joke, right? Can you prove 100% compliance with the maintenance schedule?

I think BMW extended to you a VERY generous offer. In my opinion, the smart move is to take it and get your bike fixed.
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #24 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 3:47 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
What is the "common iABS failure"?

You seriously expect 100% warranty coverage on a 12 year old motorcycle? This is a joke, right? Can you prove 100% compliance with the maintenance schedule?

I think BMW extended to you a VERY generous offer. In my opinion, the smart move is to take it and get your bike fixed.
No-one said anything about warranty coverage. And browsing through other forums related to BMW motorcycles, you will see that this problem affects countless others, with various models of bike, and various ages. I wonder when it happens to yours, will you still have the same attitude? Kindly refrain from commenting further, as you're spamming the post for others.
philip51 is offline  
post #25 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 4:30 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
No-one said anything about warranty coverage. And browsing through other forums related to BMW motorcycles, you will see that this problem affects countless others, with various models of bike, and various ages. I wonder when it happens to yours, will you still have the same attitude? Kindly refrain from commenting further, as you're spamming the post for others.
What else do you call a free repair of a manufactured product?

There are lots of problems that affect lots of BMW models. I haven't seen any indication of a single common failure mode of the ABS. I have read discussions about a few different failure modes, many related to lack of, or improper, maintenance.

You didn't comment as to how well your GT was maintained. And speaking of spamming, why are you posting about a GT in an LT forum?

You sound like a lawyer. Is that perhaps your occupation?
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #26 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 7:05 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
What else do you call a free repair of a manufactured product?

There are lots of problems that affect lots of BMW models. I haven't seen any indication of a single common failure mode of the ABS. I have read discussions about a few different failure modes, many related to lack of, or improper, maintenance.
You need to look outside of your bubble.

You didn't comment as to how well your GT was maintained.
The bike has been maintained according to BMW schedule.

And speaking of spamming, why are you posting about a GT in an LT forum?
This problem afflicts various models, including the LT, as can be witnessed by reading the very first post in this thread.
You sound like a lawyer. Is that perhaps your occupation?
My occupation is irrelevant.
As previously stated, kindly refrain from commenting unless you have a constructive contribution to make to the issue. I asked for information from those affected by this issue. It wasn't a subject for discussion.
philip51 is offline  
post #27 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 7:59 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 978
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
No-one said anything about warranty coverage. And browsing through other forums related to BMW motorcycles, you will see that this problem affects countless others, with various models of bike, and various ages. I wonder when it happens to yours, will you still have the same attitude? Kindly refrain from commenting further, as you're spamming the post for others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
My occupation is irrelevant.
As previously stated, kindly refrain from commenting unless you have a constructive contribution to make to the issue. I asked for information from those affected by this issue. It wasn't a subject for discussion.
Evidently you have never followed this forum
AlaskaFish and CaliDefector like this.

Gary
2018 R1200RT
Past rides
2012 K1600GTL
2000 K1200LT
1992 K1100LT
2000 V Star 650/Velorex sidecar
1985 K100RT
1965 R60/2
1960 AJS 500 single
gary45 is offline  
post #28 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 8:50 pm
Senior Member
 
CaliDefector's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 186
Garage
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
My occupation is irrelevant.
As previously stated, kindly refrain from commenting unless you have a constructive contribution to make to the issue. I asked for information from those affected by this issue. It wasn't a subject for discussion.
Perhaps you should have posted a new post which was a query and then state that in your opinion it is a subject that which you will not allow any discussion nor will you be open for questioning.

Instead, you necro-posted reviving an older thread then started being a "less than pleasant person" when people started to ask questions. They were very valid questions regarding service history, etc. which would help others determine if there was something they should consider, or if you are just a hopeful dreamer (or overly demanding scorner, or even more likely a lawyer looking for a class action meal ticket on the backs of others.)

On another note, if there was a prize for most annoying first three posts, I'd nominate you.

Cheers!
AlaskaFish likes this.

2007 R1200GS Adventure
No longer "OrovilleTim" as I defected from California
CaliDefector is offline  
post #29 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 8:58 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
My occupation is irrelevant.
As previously stated, kindly refrain from commenting unless you have a constructive contribution to make to the issue. I asked for information from those affected by this issue. It wasn't a subject for discussion.
So it is looking more and more like you are a lawyer looking to create a case.

You have yet to answer two very relevant questions:

1. Why are you spamming the LT group with a GT issue?

2. Was the ABS system maintained per BMW requirements? Annual and biennial flushes as appropriate to the various circuits?
AlaskaFish and CaliDefector like this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #30 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 8:59 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary45 View Post
Evidently you have never followed this forum
And he is a very slow learner.
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #31 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 9:02 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrovilleTim View Post
Perhaps you should have posted a new post which was a query and then state that in your opinion it is a subject that which you will not allow any discussion nor will you be open for questioning.

Instead, you necro-posted reviving an older thread then started being a "less than pleasant person" when people started to ask questions. They were very valid questions regarding service history, etc. which would help others determine if there was something they should consider, or if you are just a hopeful dreamer (or overly demanding scorner, or even more likely a lawyer looking for a class action meal ticket on the backs of others.)

On another note, if there was a prize for most annoying first three posts, I'd nominate you.

Cheers!
Since when does a poster in a public forum like thus get to control the discussion? Unless, of course, you are a forum moderator which I am pretty sure isn't the case here.
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #32 of 48 Old May 31st, 2015, 9:24 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 978
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
And he is a very slow learner.
I was trying to maintain a higher standard
CaliDefector likes this.

Gary
2018 R1200RT
Past rides
2012 K1600GTL
2000 K1200LT
1992 K1100LT
2000 V Star 650/Velorex sidecar
1985 K100RT
1965 R60/2
1960 AJS 500 single
gary45 is offline  
post #33 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 2:05 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrovilleTim View Post
Perhaps you should have posted a new post which was a query and then state that in your opinion it is a subject that which you will not allow any discussion nor will you be open for questioning.

Instead, you necro-posted reviving an older thread then started being a "less than pleasant person" when people started to ask questions. They were very valid questions regarding service history, etc. which would help others determine if there was something they should consider, or if you are just a hopeful dreamer (or overly demanding scorner, or even more likely a lawyer looking for a class action meal ticket on the backs of others.)

On another note, if there was a prize for most annoying first three posts, I'd nominate you.

Cheers!
Perhaps I should.
I was hoping that I was dealing with responsible grown up adults, who would either have had the experience of the ABS pump failing, and would therefore have been happy to make a constructive contribution, or know someone who did. I didn't post in order to get into a debate about the issue, with those who obviously haven't been affected by it. Yet.
The questions referred to my individual bike, and were therefore personal, and that is why I didn't answer, and have no intention of answering. This issue is not just about my bike.
We don't all live in the US, and our judicial system in the UK is not all about chasing ambulances, and making claims. There is no financial reward in this for me, (that may be the way justice works in the US, which would explain your jaded view of what justice really is), other than the satisfaction of knowing that I've done the best I can to have this matter satisfactorily resolved, for my benefit, and for others affected. There are some people in this world who believe that the best reward is helping each other. Not shooting them down.
philip51 is offline  
post #34 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 2:29 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
Perhaps I should.
I was hoping that I was dealing with responsible grown up adults, who would either have had the experience of the ABS pump failing, and would therefore have been happy to make a constructive contribution, or know someone who did. I didn't post in order to get into a debate about the issue, with those who obviously haven't been affected by it. Yet.
The questions referred to my individual bike, and were therefore personal, and that is why I didn't answer, and have no intention of answering. This issue is not just about my bike.
We don't all live in the US, and our judicial system in the UK is not all about chasing ambulances, and making claims. There is no financial reward in this for me, (that may be the way justice works in the US, which would explain your jaded view of what justice really is), other than the satisfaction of knowing that I've done the best I can to have this matter satisfactorily resolved, for my benefit, and for others affected. There are some people in this world who believe that the best reward is helping each other. Not shooting them down.
Responsible adults understand that electrical and mechanical systems wear out, particularly if they are not maintained per the manufacturers recommendations. 12 years is a pretty reasonable life for a complex system like ABS. BMW made you an outstanding offer and those of us who responded here were trying to get you to accept it and get on with riding rather than tilting at legal windmills.

If your 12 year-old computer hard drive fails do you expect a free replacement? If your 12 year-old cell phone dies do you expect a free replacement? Do you expect your car to have all failed parts replaced for 12 years?

Be an adult and accept reality and get back to riding, unless you enjoy complaining and masking unreasonable claims against a manufacturer more than riding.
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #35 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 2:37 pm
Senior Member
 
CaliDefector's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 186
Garage
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
your jaded view of what justice really is
Must... resist...

2007 R1200GS Adventure
No longer "OrovilleTim" as I defected from California
CaliDefector is offline  
post #36 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 3:16 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Responsible adults understand that electrical and mechanical systems wear out, particularly if they are not maintained per the manufacturers recommendations. 12 years is a pretty reasonable life for a complex system like ABS. BMW made you an outstanding offer and those of us who responded here were trying to get you to accept it and get on with riding rather than tilting at legal windmills.

If your 12 year-old computer hard drive fails do you expect a free replacement? If your 12 year-old cell phone dies do you expect a free replacement? Do you expect your car to have all failed parts replaced for 12 years?

Be an adult and accept reality and get back to riding, unless you enjoy complaining and masking unreasonable claims against a manufacturer more than riding.
...and they also know that a safety critical part shouldn't give out after 31,000 miles in my case, and less in others. Do you work for BMW?
philip51 is offline  
post #37 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 3:40 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 978
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

31K in 12 years means your bike has been sitting A LOT and there is nothing worse for a motor vehicle, that is the problem with a lot of motorcycles, they sit and rot, a lot of people buy low mileage vehicles expecting they will perform like new. A certain amount of daily use keeps things in normal working order along with reasonable maintenance.
CaliDefector likes this.

Gary
2018 R1200RT
Past rides
2012 K1600GTL
2000 K1200LT
1992 K1100LT
2000 V Star 650/Velorex sidecar
1985 K100RT
1965 R60/2
1960 AJS 500 single
gary45 is offline  
post #38 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 3:52 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrovilleTim View Post
Must... resist...


This is my first day of retirement so I am in a festive mood and have time to spare for the first time in 32 years.

A little troll feeding is good entertainment given that it is a cool and rainy day out and thus not the best day for riding.
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #39 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 4:00 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip51 View Post
...and they also know that a safety critical part shouldn't give out after 31,000 miles in my case, and less in others. Do you work for BMW?
No, are you a lawyer?

31,000 miles in 12 years is motorcycle abuse. Less than 2,600 miles per year is very rough on a motor vehicle. No wonder your ABS failed, particularly if you didn't maintain it properly. And since you keep dodging all questions about maintenance, my suspicion is growing that your bike was not well maintained.

Some good advice: take BMW's very generous offer, fix your bike and then spend much more time riding it and maintaining it and less time trying to get a free ride from BMW.
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #40 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 5:10 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 978
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
No, are you a lawyer?

31,000 miles in 12 years is motorcycle abuse. Less than 2,600 miles per year is very rough on a motor vehicle. No wonder your ABS failed, particularly if you didn't maintain it properly. And since you keep dodging all questions about maintenance, my suspicion is growing that your bike was not well maintained.

Some good advice: take BMW's very generous offer, fix your bike and then spend much more time riding it and maintaining it and less time trying to get a free ride from BMW.
It is actually quite surprising that BMW may have made an offer like they did considering age and the precedent it would set, maybe I could have taken my 23 year old Taurus back to Ford and got them to rebuild it for 20% of original cost :
CaliDefector likes this.

Gary
2018 R1200RT
Past rides
2012 K1600GTL
2000 K1200LT
1992 K1100LT
2000 V Star 650/Velorex sidecar
1985 K100RT
1965 R60/2
1960 AJS 500 single
gary45 is offline  
post #41 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 5:32 pm
Senior Member
 
Jim_McG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Edgewood, KY, USA
Posts: 398
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Well, I must really be abusing my 2003 with only 18k on the clock - I put 6k on it in the 2+ years I've had it but work gets in the way of riding it as much as I want to. But otherwise I am maintaining it - two brake fluid flushes in that time. Maybe that will help the ABS live a bit longer.

Jim
2003 BMW K1200LT (my favorite 2 wheeled land yacht)
2008 Yamaha FJR1300 (recent addition)
1982 Yamaha Vision (long gone)
Jim_McG is offline  
post #42 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 5:34 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary45 View Post
It is actually quite surprising that BMW may have made an offer like they did considering age and the precedent it would set, maybe I could have taken my 23 year old Taurus back to Ford and got them to rebuild it for 20% of original cost :
I thought the same. That was an amazing offer for a 12 year old bike which appears to not have been properly maintained.
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #43 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 5:39 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_McG View Post
Well, I must really be abusing my 2003 with only 18k on the clock - I put 6k on it in the 2+ years I've had it but work gets in the way of riding it as much as I want to. But otherwise I am maintaining it - two brake fluid flushes in that time. Maybe that will help the ABS live a bit longer.
I managed 6K a year even with a job that required much international travel. I will have close to 50K on my 07 by its 8th birthday. But now that I am retired!

Yes, doing the maintenance on the time schedule, not just the mileage schedule will help a lot. However, hard to beat regular riding to keep a bike in good order. If you need someone to ride your bike for you...

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #44 of 48 Old Jun 1st, 2015, 9:19 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire
 
jzeiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hazel Green, AL, USA
Posts: 13,271
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

If you really want good info hunt down a chap in SA on the Adventure side of bikes (if I could remember his name or web site I would list it). He has repaired quite a few and has a large stock of used parts. I have used a few of his techniques to save a few units. I have disassembled four failed units and have found quite a bit of gunk in all of them. There are four pressure sensors in there that regulate the output pressure based on input pressure. Several have had pump motors burned out and some have had controller chips go pop on the control boards. What else would you like to know?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Relief Valve.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	81666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Electronics internal board 6.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	81674   Click image for larger version

Name:	ABS3.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	81682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Control Wheel Interface Valves 14.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	81690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Transducer.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	81698  


John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jzeiler is offline  
post #45 of 48 Old Jun 2nd, 2015, 9:58 am
Senior Member
 
Jim_McG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Edgewood, KY, USA
Posts: 398
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
I managed 6K a year even with a job that required much international travel. I will have close to 50K on my 07 by its 8th birthday. But now that I am retired!

Yes, doing the maintenance on the time schedule, not just the mileage schedule will help a lot. However, hard to beat regular riding to keep a bike in good order. If you need someone to ride your bike for you...
Well I knew I was opening up myself for that comment. I am riding my bike regularly - this morning commuted a whopping 4 miles to work! I know the next comment - not getting the bike fully warmed up is also bad for it. Without boring you with too many details, about the only distance I can manage is to our weekend house 110 miles of KY back roads each way, and then only when my wife (who hates motorcycles which doesn't help) doesn't want me to haul a lot of stuff and our 3 dogs in my truck. My work also pulls me away with travel. I am truly envious of your new retired status - I am a few years away but dream about it all the time! Someday I will ride more - at least I already have the bike for it!

Enjoy your new-found time and ride safe!

Jim
2003 BMW K1200LT (my favorite 2 wheeled land yacht)
2008 Yamaha FJR1300 (recent addition)
1982 Yamaha Vision (long gone)
Jim_McG is offline  
post #46 of 48 Old Jun 2nd, 2015, 10:16 am
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_McG View Post
Well I knew I was opening up myself for that comment. I am riding my bike regularly - this morning commuted a whopping 4 miles to work! I know the next comment - not getting the bike fully warmed up is also bad for it. Without boring you with too many details, about the only distance I can manage is to our weekend house 110 miles of KY back roads each way, and then only when my wife (who hates motorcycles which doesn't help) doesn't want me to haul a lot of stuff and our 3 dogs in my truck. My work also pulls me away with travel. I am truly envious of your new retired status - I am a few years away but dream about it all the time! Someday I will ride more - at least I already have the bike for it!

Enjoy your new-found time and ride safe!
Well, you don't have to take the shortest path to and from work.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
post #47 of 48 Old Jun 2nd, 2015, 10:24 am
Senior Member
 
Jim_McG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Edgewood, KY, USA
Posts: 398
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Well, you don't have to take the shortest path to and from work.
Touché

Jim
2003 BMW K1200LT (my favorite 2 wheeled land yacht)
2008 Yamaha FJR1300 (recent addition)
1982 Yamaha Vision (long gone)
Jim_McG is offline  
post #48 of 48 Old Jun 2nd, 2015, 10:27 am
Lifetime Supporter
 
Voyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, PA, USA
Posts: 7,149
Re: The dreaded brake warning lights flashing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_McG View Post
Touché
My LT has a habit of occasionally getting lost on its way from point A to point B making the trip much longer than necessary.
CaliDefector likes this.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Voyager is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost running lights, brake lights, blinkers and horn...HELP! passteve Lighting 3 Sep 21st, 2011 12:50 pm
BMW Bulletin on Installation of Steel Brake Lines rdwalker Bike Talk 5 Feb 13th, 2011 12:25 am
abs warning lights back on. dodk64 K1200LT 3 Aug 23rd, 2007 12:22 pm
Them flashing ABS lights SilverBuffalo Chit Chat 4 May 14th, 2006 7:52 pm
Flashing brake lights? NOGILLS2 K1200LT 7 Nov 16th, 2005 9:23 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome