reverse wires and a couple other items - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Jul 19th, 2006, 6:28 pm Thread Starter

reverse wires and a couple other items

some said the wire for reverse by the fuel pump had a white conn, the white goes to the brake pedal

however this wire goes to the trans, i am trying to make sure it is not something silly that is causing my reverse not to work

then I assume since I have never noticed this wire before that this is yet another aux power feed

then of course this is definitly a add on feature that took some time to get
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brake.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	5204   Click image for larger version

Name:	trans.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	5205   Click image for larger version

Name:	auxpower.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	5206   Click image for larger version

Name:	100k.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	5207  

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Jul 19th, 2006, 8:33 pm

I have one of these

How do you get one of those?

BTW, the aux power plug you hold in your hand is for another female cigarette plug.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old Jul 19th, 2006, 10:01 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
I have one of these

How do you get one of those?

BTW, the aux power plug you hold in your hand is for another female cigarette plug.
That what i thought, do the wires look like the right ones even though it is not white?

I got my bmw MoCo mileage award (like yours) back in march, this one is from bmwmoa if your a member here ya go, ya get a cool pin a sticker a patch and a letter from them thanking you for your miles

http://www.bmwmoa.org/mileage/MileageAward.htm

Tom

Tom

post #4 of 12 Old Jul 19th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
That what i thought, do the wires look like the right ones even though it is not white?

I got my bmw MoCo mileage award (like yours) back in march, this one is from bmwmoa if your a member here ya go, ya get a cool pin a sticker a patch and a letter from them thanking you for your miles

http://www.bmwmoa.org/mileage/MileageAward.htm

Tom
I'm like Grif - got the mileage puck; no cool pin, no sticker, no patch; got the letter tho, and a plaque in a Dollar General store frame!! No matter tho, ole Toad don't care cuz we don't wear that stuff anywayz. Now if it glowed in the dark, or wuz retro-reflective, we might be sendin' some stationery to MOA!! We like shiney stuff!!
post #5 of 12 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Reverse speed sensor

There is a sensor on the right side of the transmission that is called the "reverser speed sensor" in the parts fiche. It's connector is near the fuel tank bottom and, yes, if it is disconnected your reverse will not work.

GB
post #6 of 12 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 5:29 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBarnes
There is a sensor on the right side of the transmission that is called the "reverser speed sensor" in the parts fiche. It's connector is near the fuel tank bottom and, yes, if it is disconnected your reverse will not work.

GB
Thank you, it is connected, any idea how to diagnose this part? is this something the trannymust come out to replace or do you only have to remove the trans if the reverse gears are bad inside the tranny

Thanks again

Tom Gallo

Tom

post #7 of 12 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 7:19 pm

Just a thought, Tom, did you unplug the wires and check for corrosion or a short?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #8 of 12 Old Jul 20th, 2006, 9:18 pm Thread Starter

yup, if I am finding the correct plugs, one goes to the right side of the trans case just behind the brake pedal area into what looks like a gear indication/neutral switch then again, I'm not sure can't seem to find a good pic in the service manual, here it is

when i flip the lever the rear wheel will not budge like it should be. when I push the start button, there is a box on the left side of bike behind the side panel that will click,

it clicks every time you push the starter button it must be the reverse control module from there I can't seem to find anything out, i see no damages wires even laying under the bike hoping to see something

I would think if the little reverse gears inside the tranny were damaged you would be able to manually spin the rear tire

one thing I wish is theat there was a decent diagnoses book out for these beasts. I need a procedure to try and repair this

thanks for your help and time

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	switch1.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	5213   Click image for larger version

Name:	box1.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	5214  

Tom

Last edited by tmgs; Jul 20th, 2006 at 9:25 pm.
post #9 of 12 Old Jul 21st, 2006, 6:46 am

Has to be the control module, that's where I'd start.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #10 of 12 Old Jul 21st, 2006, 7:16 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Has to be the control module, that's where I'd start.

that makes sense, wonder if there is a way to check which pins for power to be sure, anyone I could ask that ya know of?

Thanks
Tom

Tom

post #11 of 12 Old Jul 21st, 2006, 6:47 pm

Hey Tom, just another thought: take a dead blow hammer, rubber mallet or the like and give the unit a good thump.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #12 of 12 Old Jul 21st, 2006, 10:19 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey Tom, just another thought: take a dead blow hammer, rubber mallet or the like and give the unit a good thump.
dang knowin myy luck it would be somethingother than that unit and I would kill it <g>

it;s all back together now, headin out in the am for a decent ride, the wife is with , so I have reverse, she'll just have to get off her bike <g>

I'll try it next week though

See ya!

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in