BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Viva La Difference- Grips are now Comfy !!

5K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  jamiekiel 
#1 · (Edited)
I took the " Black Foam Cushion Tool Grip " covers off my V-Strom and installed them on the LT. **What a nice difference!! I love this set up!

I hate skinny hard little grips and prefer grips like on my HD's.

These are very comfortable and easy to install over the stock grips.
Low cost and lots of bang for very little buck.

Lots of places sell them for $7.50 per set.. I bought 3 sets for $15.00 from a tool cover company years ago, now someone in the MC world is selling them under the name of "Grip Puppies" ...

Buy'em - you'll like em. They are thin enough not to stop heat from coming thru yet large enough in diameter to make a large difference in comfort holding the handlbars and throttle open.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I gotta find me some of those!!!

The grips are the only thing I have been unhappy with about my LT (already put the Corbin Seat on her so didn't have that issue). I was used to gigantic grips on my HD and these feel like swizzle sticks or something.

Thanks Top!!!

#4 · (Edited)
You are Welcome Jerry..
* I knew with all the Hardley Dangerous ExPatriots onboard they would want their grips like we were use too... Some things HD did do correctly.
Grips, floorboards, kick stands, chrome, etc......

#10 ·
I purchased some tennis racket tape, thick kind with padding, at academy sports. what a difference it made, heat comes through though a little slow, but not a problem in Louisiana. about ten bucks at most.

#14 ·
Mine are from GripTex, are the 4.25 size and fit perfectly.

#18 ·
I placed the order for my grips through Grip-Tex then saw the posts about the sizes. Thinking I may have ordered the wrong size I called them to correct it. Grip-Tex appreciates the amount of business this chatter has gotten them, but asked that you place your orders over the internet as they do not accept phone orders.

Turns out I had ordered the GCM which is the correct size for the LT.

I ordered from Grip-Tex because for $15 you get three sets and with the other links posted you only got one set for $7.50 or $7.95. I am sure that heat, sweat, me and the elements will eat these up pretty quick.

#19 ·
*Thats why I posted this Information. If it was important to me I knew it would be important to others. That's what this forum is about.

* Learning and Sharing the knowledge

IT IS a great deal getting 3 sets for $15.00 + 2.00 for shipping..

#20 · (Edited)
Lonewuff said:
I ordered from Grip-Tex because for $15 you get three sets and with the other links posted you only got one set for $7.50 or $7.95. I am sure that heat, sweat, me and the elements will eat these up pretty quick.
Actually they hold up reasonably well. At least the "Grip Puppies" do anyway. I have no experience with the other brand butt the one and only set of GP's have been on my bike a little less than two years and 75K miles.
I do however keep my bike when its not rolling in a garage in Florida so I guess its not exposed to the elements you have mentioned. :rolleyes:

#23 ·
Bob,

From My GripTex Receipt: item # D3E106M15-4.25

Grip Cover Small 1.06 I.D. X 4-1/4 length

#25 ·
I use one of those throttle rocker levers. Will it still work with the larger grips?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.