A newbie - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:00 pm Thread Starter

A newbie

I just got this site and have registered. I like to ride and look foward to using this site. just got to figure it out a little..lol..

Hbar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jul 15th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handlebar
I just got this site and have registered. I like to ride and look foward to using this site. just got to figure it out a little..lol..

Hbar
Hi, Hbar - welcome to the family! Glad to have ya. Tons and tons of info scattered around the site, and after you get familiar with where thangs are, or should be, we hope you'll participate in the various discussion topics that get kicked around here!!

BTW - next time you're over at your 'User CP', add a leetle info about yourself - like first name or sumpthin', and wherebouts you park your scoot, and whatcha do when you're not ridin'!! Makes the family thang more friendly, I think.

Take care, Hbar - ride safe.

Best.
post #3 of 9 Old Jul 16th, 2006, 11:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handlebar

Hbar
Welcome to our happy crew, Hbar. This gang is kinda a cross between Pirates of the Caribbean and Apollo 13. An eccentric bunch that can fix almost anything. And if it ain't fixable, there's plenty of comiseration to be had.
All kidding aside, there's plenty of collective knowledge on the site and in the members here.

Watch out for the REAL characters tho....

you out there Messy13?...

Follow your front wheel...
Steve S.

1998 Harley Davidson FLHR-P
1998 BMW R1100RT-P (Black Mariah)
2002 BMW K1200LTE (Bayou Buffalo)

If it rolls, floats, flies or shoots, runs on gasoline or gunpowder, is loud, goes fast, or shoots a big bullet, thus producing Torque or Recoil....It's Cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old Jul 16th, 2006, 1:30 pm
Premium Vendor

Welcome! Where do you hail from and what do you throw your leg over? If it's not a beamer that OK too.

Tony 05
post #5 of 9 Old Jul 16th, 2006, 4:52 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Welcome aboard HBar,you can get a lot of good info here.Some damn good folks on this site.Butt please update your profile so we can get to know ya a lil better

Stevie Shreeve
post #6 of 9 Old Jul 17th, 2006, 12:55 am Thread Starter

I'll update the profile now..if i can ..lol..I'm from Montana.. I got an 03 K1200 LTC
I also got a 03 HD Springer Softail that I actually did an iron butt ride on..

Handlebar
BMWMOA 125650
IBA # 22972
post #7 of 9 Old Jul 17th, 2006, 1:42 am

Way short notice for ya, but I'm have'n us a "tech session" (or maybe just a barbeque and barley pop fest - depends on who shows and what needs do'n) down here in Casper the last full weekend of July.

Hey, at the least - give yourself an excuse to 'stretch your legs' a bit, eh?

Enjoy!

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #8 of 9 Old Jul 17th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Newbie Also!

I found the site about a month ago, registered, but I could never get into it! One of the Admin people realized I must have been having a problem, and got me hooked up!

I'm now a happy camper! And just for you, after reading posts to HBar, I went in and played with my controls - so you should know just about anything you want to know.

And before I get the question, yes, those are my "training wheels" on the (99) K1200 - - I bought the bike at the end of February for my birthday present to myself. It came with the "training wheels" (Voyager kit). I was looking for a trike because I had a stroke, and fell in love with this BMW with the kit on it already. Isn't she just beautiful????

5 months we have been together - and we have logged 5,500 miles already! I ride her every chance I get, which is just about everyday. She is wonderful therapy.....

I am having a fun time, reading about all of you and the problems, solutions to the K12 and the fun you have with your "buddy".

Be safe! Ride often!
~Huggs~
post #9 of 9 Old Jul 17th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Howdy Hbar... Better get the name in there quick before Hbar sticks!

Lookin' forward to hearing what you have to say and reading about your adventures!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in