K12LT antenna - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 4:22 pm Thread Starter
ajs

K12LT antenna

I am going to remove the top box and put a Fort Worth rack in place. I would also like to remove/replace the antenna. I would prefer to replace with a hidden antenna. I have heard there is a stealth type antenna available. Can anyone point me in the proper direction for a supplier of same? Also, does changing the antenna affect the GPS reception? Thanks for any help Austin S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 4:46 pm
RMW

Austin,

Got mine here http://www.storesonline.com/site/515372/product/44ua20

Also available here http://www.crutchfield.com/S-AvH8B3N...na&i=12044UA20

I have not heard of anyone having interference with GPS. Just ordered mine but I have not received it yet so I cannot report on how well it works. Various reports from others seem to indicate it works fairly well.

Ron Wilkerson
05 LT
07 KLR
09 GSA
post #3 of 8 Old Sep 25th, 2006, 2:01 pm

antenna connection

Quick question:

Where did you pull the power for the antenna from? I installed my hidaway yesterday, just realized last night (in a dream?) that I'd hot wired it and not knowing how much drain there is, fear that it will drag my battery down.

Just old, clutchless and clueless
Russ Locke
Lakehills, Texas

post #4 of 8 Old Sep 25th, 2006, 4:00 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Russ,

The easiest place in the rear is the bottom wire in the rear seat heat connector - only on in "run". Of course that won't help if you listen to the radio with the engine off.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old Sep 25th, 2006, 4:04 pm
Miles of Smiles

Garage
Smile Switched Lead Close By

Russ, just in the process of installing a trailer hitch. For other reasons needed to use a switched power source and the most suitable is the rear power outlet, at least on the '06 models. Comes on in the accessory key position, which would be fine for your hidden antena. On my conector it's the wire next to the brown earth one, Purple with a thin Black Line. HTH

Jenna: Ocean Blue '06
Hilton: Head of the Steering Committee.
Rena: The Committee.
ET4 Thing 1
ET4 Thing 2
post #6 of 8 Old Sep 25th, 2006, 11:30 pm

buy mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs
I am going to remove the top box and put a Fort Worth rack in place. I would also like to remove/replace the antenna. I would prefer to replace with a hidden antenna. I have heard there is a stealth type antenna available. Can anyone point me in the proper direction for a supplier of same? Also, does changing the antenna affect the GPS reception? Thanks for any help Austin S
I like to listen to 1340 AM, its the only station that NPR plays on in Denver now. I am installing my original back on. Actually mine is bent from prematurely putting it in the trash. Wanna Trade?
post #7 of 8 Old Sep 26th, 2006, 9:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilton
Russ, just in the process of installing a trailer hitch. For other reasons needed to use a switched power source and the most suitable is the rear power outlet, at least on the '06 models. Comes on in the accessory key position, which would be fine for your hidden antena. On my conector it's the wire next to the brown earth one, Purple with a thin Black Line. HTH
Aha! I was gonna check the rear outlet to see if it is switched. Mine is an '05 and I suspect there's no change. Thanks!

And if that doesn't work, I'll go to the seat heat connector. Thanks #2.

Russ Locke
Lakehills, Texas
post #8 of 8 Old Sep 26th, 2006, 9:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by parishollow
I like to listen to 1340 AM, its the only station that NPR plays on in Denver now. I am installing my original back on. Actually mine is bent from prematurely putting it in the trash. Wanna Trade?
I don't wanna trade butt I might consider parting with my old antenner, I just use XM and/or IPOD now, no AM interest. Dont know how the power antenna will work but others seem to think it is ok, better than stock for some.

Do you get down to Durango much? I'm gonna be there this coming weekend, would haul it up there and leave it somewhere for you.

Russ Locke
Lakehills, Texas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in