Inexpensive Ripped music for the LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 1:44 pm Thread Starter

Smile Inexpensive Ripped music for the LT

Works in the car, should work on the LT?

WallyWorld sells for $30.00 an MP3 player/translater that plugs into your cigarette lighter that has USB thumb drive connection.

Record your songs onto the thumbdrive, plug into the cigarette lighter music player and you have music coming from your vehicle speakers!

A very good & in expensive way to have loads of music !

*Caution on using lower powerport, I would install and use a PP topside to protect the USB memorystick/Cigaretter lighter MP3/ranslater from falling off.

$ 30 for the player, $ 20 for the memory stick = $50.00 *Sucha Deal!

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 3:36 pm

Thumbs up

This is what I use and I think it's great for what it is and the price point. I moved my upper case to the rear position, stuff my half cover in the gap between in and the rear seat, then lay the MP3 player on top connected to the rear power outlet through an extension/adaptor. I don't touch it in flight, just let it play. If I want to skip a song or not listen to it I just change stations.
There is no song search or anything like that. It has a shuffle setting. Other than that it plays through the songs that are in the root directory of the stick in the order they were copied to the stick. It only uses memory sticks, I could not get it use my 120G USB drive, that would have been sweet! It also has a plug to use an external music source if just using it as a modulator. I use a 1G stick so that cost me $75 but I go 6 hours+ without hear the list play again.
Very spiffy solution since it runs off the bike power and plays through the radio without ANY wiring or bike modification at all.
Here is one that is close so you get the idea of how compact and no-frills this is http://sewelldirect.com/vr3-thumbdrive-dj-mp3-fm.asp
Cheers,

Dan
2005 K1200LT - Ocean Blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; Nolan 103 Helmet w/Bluetooth;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
;
and
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Secures gear/luggage);
; Droid X (Replaces
and factory radio);
;
;
;
;
;
;
(Not installed);
(Currently unistalled),
; Clymer Manual; BMW Service DVD

Last edited by dglenn1; Jul 12th, 2006 at 3:58 pm.
post #3 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 7:08 pm

Oh man, I like this

Sounds great Top. Lose my cassett player, which I have never used = more storage room, lose the 6-disc changer = more storage room! I likey likey. Oh GI, I love you like big C-5!

[IMG]
Brian "Coach" Landry
2000 Champaigne K1200LTC

post #4 of 6 Old Jul 12th, 2006, 8:22 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Yup, I offed my 6 CD player after only 1 use. * VroomHilda needs the extra storage space . . . This little trick works great.

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

post #5 of 6 Old Jul 13th, 2006, 3:15 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajinCajun
Sounds great Top. Lose my cassett player, which I have never used = more storage room, lose the 6-disc changer = more storage room! I likey likey. Oh GI, I love you like big C-5!
The "cassette player" is the radio. That housing also contains the radio tuner and amplifier unit. So if you removed it, you'd have no AM/FM and no amplifier for your speakers.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 6 Old Jul 19th, 2006, 1:47 pm

thx

thanks Meese. Obviously, I posted that w/o any serious thought. I am going to Wally World to get this little part and try though.

[IMG]
Brian "Coach" Landry
2000 Champaigne K1200LTC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in