BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Inexpensive Ripped music for the LT

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RajinCajun 
#1 ·
Works in the car, should work on the LT?

WallyWorld sells for $30.00 an MP3 player/translater that plugs into your cigarette lighter that has USB thumb drive connection.

Record your songs onto the thumbdrive, plug into the cigarette lighter music player and you have music coming from your vehicle speakers!

A very good & in expensive way to have loads of music !

*Caution on using lower powerport, I would install and use a PP topside to protect the USB memorystick/Cigaretter lighter MP3/ranslater from falling off.

$ 30 for the player, $ 20 for the memory stick = $50.00 *Sucha Deal!

#2 · (Edited)
This is what I use and I think it's great for what it is and the price point. I moved my upper case to the rear position, stuff my half cover in the gap between in and the rear seat, then lay the MP3 player on top connected to the rear power outlet through an extension/adaptor. I don't touch it in flight, just let it play. If I want to skip a song or not listen to it I just change stations.
There is no song search or anything like that. It has a shuffle setting. Other than that it plays through the songs that are in the root directory of the stick in the order they were copied to the stick. It only uses memory sticks, I could not get it use my 120G USB drive, that would have been sweet! It also has a plug to use an external music source if just using it as a modulator. I use a 1G stick so that cost me $75 but I go 6 hours+ without hear the list play again.
Very spiffy solution since it runs off the bike power and plays through the radio without ANY wiring or bike modification at all.
Here is one that is close so you get the idea of how compact and no-frills this is http://sewelldirect.com/vr3-thumbdrive-dj-mp3-fm.asp
Cheers,

#4 ·
Yup, I offed my 6 CD player after only 1 use. * VroomHilda needs the extra storage space . . . This little trick works great.

#5 ·
RajinCajun said:
Sounds great Top. Lose my cassett player, which I have never used = more storage room, lose the 6-disc changer = more storage room! I likey likey. Oh GI, I love you like big C-5! :)
The "cassette player" is the radio. That housing also contains the radio tuner and amplifier unit. So if you removed it, you'd have no AM/FM and no amplifier for your speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.