CeeBailet #2 -3 verses V-Stream - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 10th, 2006, 8:43 am Thread Starter

CeeBailet #2 -3 verses V-Stream

Looking for anyone that has a CB #2, -3 that has purchased the V-Stream and can comment on the difference. Thx in advance, Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 10th, 2006, 10:46 pm

Thumbs up Not quite Nirvana, but OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckhart
Looking for anyone that has a CB #2, -3 that has purchased the V-Stream and can comment on the difference. Thx in advance, Lee
Lee,
Have exactly those two.
Cee Baileys off, V-Stream on: Mounting holes were spot on the money. Perfect! When on the seat, about an inch higher in the line of sight. Clarity not as good as CB but OK. Much better than stock. Must be elevated slightly to keep turbulance off the top of the helmet and that is high enough to have to look through the shield. Air pocket is "calmer" (probably because there isn't a lip on the top), takes a lot of the air off the shoulder area. (Pocket seems to be wider.) Has a negative pressure area in the pocket that tries to push your head forward (not uncomfortable.) Wife says she doesn't notice any appreciable difference
Yes, I would buy another. The bonus is that it is a Polycarbonate.

Changes? Personal preference, of course. 2 inches shorter (5'9", 30" inseam) and a larger lower opening to alleviate the negative pressure at speed.

Something tells me that the V-Stream will be good in the rain.

Good Luck!

Duane

Check the obvious first!
01 LT Champagne "The Starship"
73 Z1 Kawi
and 7 long gone
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 11th, 2006, 12:24 pm Thread Starter

Hi Duane,

Thx for getting back to me with all the info I was looking for. At this point, and maybe for the reason that it is 1" taller, I think I'll stick with the CB. It has worked well for me although I wish I had gone with the #2, -4 instead of the -3. In fill down position I don't have any problem seeing over the shield (5' 9", 29" inseam). But when I reise it up to take the pressure of my helmit, I can just we over the top - barely!
Maybe rev 2 will implement you suggestion to reduce the backpressure and I will be ready to upgrade. My CB only has about 5K miles on it and is in perfect condition so another minor reason to hold onto it for a while.

Will you be at the Rally in VT? If so, hope to run into you.

Thx again for taking the time ti share you info.

Lee
Assonet, MA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in