post #1 of 3 Old Jul 10th, 2006, 7:30 am Thread Starter

There are 2 LTs on Crashedtoys.com

FYI for those looking for parts,

The Link

One auction ends the 11th another the 18th

Dave

1999 BMW K1200LT
StockNumber: CT06-698
Bidding Ends: 7/11 At Noon Description: 1999 BMW K1200LT. This bike went down on one side and rolled onto the other damaging the handlebars, left grip, clutch lever, both mirrors are gone, windshield, left side fairing, left front signal, both engine guards, left lower cowling, both saddlebags, backrest, both highway pegs, left foot peg, shifter and missing is the windshield trim on the bottom. The tires have about half their tread, it has 22,969 miles. The engine started and ran just fine. This bike has a junk title and is good for parts only. Bids taken until 7-11-2006.

High Bid: 900.00

2000 BMW K1200LT
StockNumber: CT06-470
Bidding Ends: 7/18 At Noon

Description: 2000 BMW K1200LT. This bike has damage to the driveshaft housing, driveshaft, swing arm, rear rim, hitch, both saddlebags are scraped, antenna, right passenger footrest, speaker, rear trunk lid, rear brake lever, right side cowling, bottom cowling, right front side cowling and brackets, right front signal, right mirror, front brake lever and line, windshield and bracket, gauge panel plastic, handlebar plastic cover, front fender, front fairing and brackets, the left mirror is gone and the handlebars are may be bent. The tires have about a quarter left, it has 37,801 miles and reverse. The engine still runs okay and the bike is in tough shape with a salvage title. Bids taken until 7-18-2006.

High Bid: 300.00

BMWMOA #120588
website has been hacked - down for now
Riding since '65 - 30+ bikes (lost count)
Current Stable:
'06 R12GS Adv, '98 Buell, '95 Ultra, '95 Fatboy, '71 Rickman, '53 Panhead
2009-2010 KxxxxLT or whenever BMW updates the platform

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 10th, 2006, 9:15 am

Too bad I have not moved yet. I could take on a project like that, making one bike out of two and some additional parts. Sure would be cheap enough at those prices.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 10th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Too bad I have not moved yet. I could take on a project like that, making one bike out of two and some additional parts. Sure would be cheap enough at those prices.

When I was looking for a parts bike to help me replace my motor, I looked at several LTs at Crashed Toys. The problem was, they never went cheap. Totals would regularly go for $4,500 and up. Add to that the auction fee and shipping, I was looking at five grand for a motor. Now, if I were in the market for a fixer upper, then it would be different I guess.

George

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in