Tme to upgrade LT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 9th, 2006, 4:31 pm Thread Starter

Tme to upgrade LT?

Currently own a 2002 LT with relatively low miles. I know there was a lot of discussion when the 2004 LT came out with the upgrades including the higher HP/Torque.

Can anyone comment on their experience in upgrading to the 2004 or newer model from the pre 2004...is it worth it?

I figure my bike is probably worth about $12,000. Once I include tax and license I'll probably have to come up with another 10-12,000 bucks.

Any comments would be much appreciated. I considered the new GT but still love the luxury of two up touring on the LT.

Any comments would be much appreciated including what the final out the door price was for a new LT, I'm not sure how much negotiating room there is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 9th, 2006, 4:35 pm

Check "classifieds"... you'll find nice 2005 LT there.. at least one...

You won't be disappointed!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 9th, 2006, 4:35 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
In the US, it's the '05 models that had all the changes (more power, hydraulic center stand, new dash display, etc.).

And there are several '05 models listed in our Classifieds board for $15-$16K. Might want to look there first. Otherwise, there are still a few new '05 bikes at dealers, which are less desirable now that the '06 LT and '06 GT are out.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 3:47 pm

Upgrades

I have had a 99 Klt for 5 years and have done most of the upgrades worth doing.

For my money if I owned a 2002 model year I would spend the money on upgrades that you would enjoy more than buying a newer bike. Your not gaining much by changing the model year me thinks LOL.

This might change if BMW ever comes out with an Lt packing the new motor and 200 lbs lighter, we shall see??

The new GT is nice but I still dont see why they cant design a new RT with the new K-Motor!!!!

Later

Stevea2980
Klt 99-Canyon Red> Performance Chip, Tuned Exhaust (Sounds Great), GMRS, XM, Active + Passive ECM, GPS, Remote Video Recording, Co-Pilot Shelf, Cee-Baileys, Side Bag Lights with Blinkers, Lots of added head lights including HID, Lowered Pegs ( I am 6'-3"), J-pegs.

I think that covers it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in