BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Lost clutch in Lebanon, Mo. Any good shops around.

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  vespacar 
#1 ·
I had clutch, then the lever went soft. So I'm assuming clutch slave. So do I get it back to the dealer in St Louis, or do I have other options?. I'm hitting up the board to see what my options are.

Thanks,
Tross

#2 ·
Well I checked the web for you and it looks like Saint Louis from Lebanon is your nearest dealer for BMW. I'm about 150 south west of you but someone form the saint Louis Lebanon area may read this and offer you a ride up to S/L. If no offers an Idea is to rent a low boy truck one way and transport your bike that way. if I can help in anyway let me know.

#3 ·
Well since it is sunday and most mc shop are closed on monday too.. you got plenty of time to get it to the shop of your choice.. I would find me a uhaul truck rental place and head for st louis.. I met the dealer at moa and really liked him.

You may have a problem renting a truck since you are from Onterio..

There was a can am dealer in /outside of Lebanon, that I heard good things about when I was researching the spyder for my father in law.. might be a shot in the dark

#4 · (Edited)
Your about 165 miles form Saint Louis and 175 miles from Bentonville Arkansas BMW. The bad news is most if not all bike shops will be closed on Mondays. So if you can not rent a truck and you need a ride I will hitch up my trailer drive up to Lebanon and bring you back to the Bentonville AR. dealer, they open 8am Tuesday. It will take about three hours to get to you once you I hear back. If it was the other way around I would take you up on it. 417-364-4907

#5 ·
I have a good spare from when I replaced my clutch at 61k a year ago that you can have for free. The part is still good and I only replaced it because <I was in there> :D and it is the updated type, but I am clear on the West Coast and there is no shipping on Sunday...
The sooner I could ship would be Monday at lunch time. Just PM me if interested.
You did not indicate if you would repair yourself or just have the dealer do it, bu I also have the socket and Allen wrench required to perform the repair.

#6 ·
Hey Tross, My buddy Steve has already communicated with you but a little advice. It is probably a slave gone bad. Don't ride and use the clutch lever as you can contaminate the clutch causing slipping. That happened to me and I changed out the slave, added clutch fluid and had bad slippage. I drilled a hole in the bell housing between the trans and engine and sprayed Brake Kleen into the hole with the bike running. Used almost a can of the stuff. After letting it set over night to dry up there was zero slippage. This obviously wouldn't work with engine seal because leak would persist and a complete tear down would be necessary. Anyway if we can help let us know.

#7 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. Believe it or not I'm back on the road. Since I ended up stopped at a laundry mat I did the laundry, booked a motel and looked around for what dealers were where. Lately while on the road, I've been putting my USB cable in the empty mirror hole, when not using it charging my phone. I've done this 100 ' s of times. Well this time the micro end of the cable managed to somehow stop the clutch lever fully returning. I found this out when I went to remove the cable to charge my phone. I'm glad it was something simple. But to everyone else, don't but things in those holes.

Cheers,
Tross.

#8 ·
:histerica:histerica:rotf::histerica:rotf::histerica:dance::lol8::bike::clapping::toast:
glad it worked out eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.