Pre End of riding season depression - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Oct 13th, 2005, 4:16 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy Pre End of riding season depression

I love riding my LT. Every year I dread the day I have to put her away until Spring. I know the riding days left are getting fewer. I am experienceing pre end of season depression. I envy you guys in the warmer, year 'round rinding climes!

Jim Andrews
Woodland, MN
2003 K1200 LTE
2014 Honda NC700X DCT
2010 Aspen Classic Pop Up Camper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Oct 13th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Red face

I see your MN state code .. Yup I would agree, your seasons about done.

We suffer another kind of depression though ... When we HAVE to STOP riding and catch up with all the chores we kept pushing aside all summer.

No sooner than we are fairly guilt free come late fall, the rains fly, snow too.
You sneak in a ride when you can during winter, but ALL the killer roads on in the high country under 15 feet of white stuff ... Now the Southern california guys ... They fair a LOT better.

Regards from the left coast.
Scott

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required

post #3 of 16 Old Oct 13th, 2005, 4:50 pm

Riding season? What's a riding season???

post #4 of 16 Old Oct 13th, 2005, 4:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Warren_
Riding season? What's a riding season???
January 1 to December 31. Never ride during "The Off Season".........

Jinks ('86fxrs, '07 FLTR)

Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished"
post #5 of 16 Old Oct 13th, 2005, 5:34 pm

We are just about done...but this week is going to be great! Minnesota is short but fun now starts the ATV season. Bike Boat ATV
post #6 of 16 Old Oct 13th, 2005, 5:57 pm

Drip

In Seattle the 4 seasons are Leather,T-shirt, Sweat shirt and Gortex. Were just transitioning into Gortex now. RIDE HARD AND GET WET!
post #7 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 1:53 am

Hello to all you guys in America.
I'm in Queensland Australia.
I started riding around 4 years ago, my bike is my only form of transport so I ride every day. The first year of riding I didn't even get rained on. Had to put the wet weather gear on probably around 30 times in four years.
But it's not all good news. Our average winter temp is around 25 and average Summer temp is 32 "thats Celsius"
Ya gotta love that!! Sorry

I Pick up my fist K1200LT on Monday. Can't wait!!

Catch ya later Nick.

Last edited by Spike; Oct 14th, 2005 at 4:35 am.
post #8 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 2:53 am
cws

Garage
you can tell how excited he is, can't spell properly.
Although.... it is about beer-o-clock on a Friday night here :-)
a sleepless weekend ahead, Nick....

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #9 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 4:26 am

Hey Jim, I too am experiencing the same mental state: I live in Bloomington, MN. Getting bad now since I'll even take a ride if I have 15 minutes free. Pretty sad.

See ya in therapy!

Steve
post #10 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 4:35 am

Living in El Paso...I can't relate to your pain. We're blessed with about 350 good riding days a year. BUT...my bike has been on the home rack for about a month with several weeks to go (lots of little fixes and PMs). Just now we have moved into the sweet spot of the year for riding around here. So I am bummed about being "caged" up. Waiting for shocks...cables...and fork seals to button her up.

post #11 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 4:36 am

Is that better Chris
post #12 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 4:41 am

Hey Jim,
I share Your feelings. Here in Finland we have maybe 1 more week riding season left. Then starts again earliest 1st of April. Well, plenty of time to install hid, side bag running lights, cb, pmr, oil chance, new tires, etc. etc. And waxing, waxing, waxing. I put around 4-5 layers of wax during winter, don´t have the time to wax during the riding season

Jari
post #13 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 10:40 am
Lifetime Supporter

I can't imagine your pain. I get jumpy if I have to skip a day riding. Having a season? No way I could stand that.

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."
post #14 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 11:15 am

Cool Riding Season?

Ok, I'm crazy, but not stupid. I can take wet once a day, so if it's raining in the AM , my wife drives me to work in the cage. If it's dry (and rain is forecast ) I ride my trike and take the rain gear in case it's raining when I start home. That, I don't mind.

Since we get so much snow here and the temp is so changeable, the roads are pretty much cleared and a trike has no problems on snow even. Just have to wash it more frequently (to remove the gunk.)

Actually, with all the heated gear and the fact that I only live about 4 miles from my office , I plan on riding every day I'm able (and isn't raining in the AM ).

P.S. Just like Norah Jone's song, I always take the long way home (both ways, to and from work to extend the ride. )

Triker

Longmont, CO
2005 LT Hannigan Trike
post #15 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 10:23 pm

Jim, Isn't it supposed to be in the 70's on Tuesday?

Tim Frederick
Woodbury, MN
post #16 of 16 Old Oct 14th, 2005, 11:33 pm

Lane splitting in Santa Cruz

I've never riden with just a t-shirt here; it just doesn't get that hot. The Airflow jacket is good for our "hot" days. The ocean breeze and surf city fog take care of that, eh? Do ride quite often now that it costs so much to fill up Vanagon. Also, our traffic can be fairly bad for such a small town. The thinking being that if we widen the roads more people will come! So, yeah, i ride more often than not, even on the occasional rainy day (our rainy winter days are fairly light weight).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in