I have decided to move on from the stuff that came with my 09 to something that better meets my farkle needs. I am adding the following:
1. Jensen JMS2212 with ipod and sirius
2. Autocom superpro with bluetooth module
The control head for the JMS will be added like this thread (great thread)
. I will be locating the "guts" of the JMS to the right saddlebag along with some other toys. I will place the sirus radio in the same saddlebag. I have bought the ipod cable for the jms and will run it to the oddment box. I am still deciding where to locate the autocom box have seen it under rear seat but I am wondering if it should go in the saddlebag? Same thing for the bluetooth module. Bluetooth will interface with my zumo 390 and smartphone to the zumo....
Anybody want to share where they put their autocom?
Special plans for the oddment box going to install some of my ham gear in it...for fun with plenty of room left over for the ipod and smartphone...
Second part of the thread. Once completed I am going to have some spare parts left over and was wondering if there is interest in them if so I will add them to the classified sections. I did buy some spare parts to set everything up prior to taking off the existing stingray.... Like to keep riding while I am doing this project.
I will have the following:
1. radio and harness from 2002 k1200. If interest I will add some pictures. No way to test however the insides are clean and was taken from a salvage bike.
2. The "guts" of the control panel for the radio which for the 2002 includes the LCD display. Used the plastic case as a template to make the conversion for the JMS. It is clean with no signs of leaks.
3. From my current LT I will have a working bmw radio. There is nothing wrong with the radio rather the harness seems to have the problems right now. From a 2009 LT
4. The "guts" of the control panel for the radio for the 2009 LT It is clean with no signs of leaks.
5. Voice II working from my existing 2009 LT. Unfortunately the Voice II just does not meet my farkle needs.....
6. Not sure if I want to sell the radio harness from the existing LT as I may want to use it to make the JMS harness. Course you kinda need it for the Voice II
Have some other bits and pieces for the stringray from several bikes.
Thanks for all the info in the forums! Great help and inspiration on keeping my LT running. Wish I had all this info back when I bought my first one in 1999! Would have kept the bike a little longer.... Very happy with the 2009!
(yes I know pictures pictures will take some and add them as project progresses although the thread I referenced is pretty complete.)