K1200LT Tire Savings - $50 Rebate via Visa Gift Card! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 18th, 2014, 5:45 pm Thread Starter

K1200LT Tire Savings - $50 Rebate via Visa Gift Card!

Just ordered new shoes for the LT.

If you buy a pair of ME880 (F&R, specifically per offer) or ME888 (rear not yet available in REINF.) you can submit for a $50 MIR via a Visa Gift Card.

As always, I purchased from DennisKirk.com because of their fantastic service during and AFTER the sale, and because they will beat any delivered price by a buck! Total, delivered price from DK is $329.21, and I have found no better price and certainly no better service. You can read my posts elsewhere in these hallowed halls about my multiple Avon Storm front tire failures and how DK greatly exceeded all expectations in taking care of me.

The best price I found for DK to match was from AmericanMotoTire.com since they have free shipping and no "tire fee." You will need to know this to get the price from DK. To navigate to their LT Metzelers, navigate as follows:
www.AmericanMotoTires.com > Street Tires > Metzeler > ME880 Marathon > ME880 Model Specific and OEM > BMW > will display the two LT tires you need. You will need to walk the DK telephone rep through this routing so they can confirm the pricing.

The rebate form is at: https://www.denniskirk.com/dk/manage...ler-Rebate.pdf or you can submit online at http://getmetzeler.com/880888/new_claim.asp and upload the required proof of purchase.

You can get one rebate per registration, and two per person, so I am going to order a second set next week and save!

I hope you find this helpful.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2014, 5:13 am
cws

Garage
Re: K1200LT Tire Savings - $50 Rebate via Visa Gift Card!

nothing like finding a bargain when it comes to the LT... well done Tony.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2014, 8:29 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
nothing like finding a bargain when it comes to the LT... well done Tony.
If you need a set or two, mate, happy to order and send them your way. You know how to reach me.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #4 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2014, 10:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211 View Post

If you buy a pair of ME880 (F&R, specifically per offer) or ME888 (rear not yet available in REINF.) you can submit for a $50 MIR via a Visa Gift Card.

As always, I purchased from DennisKirk.com because of their fantastic service during and AFTER the sale, and because they will beat any delivered price by a buck! Total, delivered price from DK is $329.21, and I have found no better price and certainly no better service. You can read my posts elsewhere in these hallowed halls about my multiple Avon Storm front tire failures and how DK greatly exceeded all expectations in taking care of me.

The best price I found for DK to match was from AmericanMotoTire.com since they have free shipping and no "tire fee." You will need to know this to get the price from DK. To navigate to their LT Metzelers, navigate as follows:
www.AmericanMotoTires.com > Street Tires > Metzeler > ME880 Marathon > ME880 Model Specific and OEM > BMW > will display the two LT tires you need. You will need to walk the DK telephone rep through this routing so they can confirm the pricing.

The rebate form is at: https://www.denniskirk.com/dk/manage...ler-Rebate.pdf or you can submit online at http://getmetzeler.com/880888/new_claim.asp and upload the required proof of purchase.

You can get one rebate per registration, and two per person, so I am going to order a second set next week and save!

What's your feeling on the guy with the best price deserving the sale.

69 Triumph Bonneville
09 K1200LT
09 HD Road King
post #5 of 8 Old Jul 19th, 2014, 10:31 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphguy13 View Post
What's your feeling on the guy with the best price deserving the sale.
Not sure what you mean, so I will answer your question broadly and give examples. If I misinterpreted your question, feel free to follow up.

Dennis Kirk is ALWAYS the lowest total delivered price, they beat the best delivered price on my tires by $1 each and they always do. Since Dennis Kirk always does this for me (and anyone else who asks), the price research I do is simply to establish the market price for an item.

Beyond DK always selling at the lowest price, that is not the primary reason I shop with them, although it was initially. I mentioned in the message you quoted above, as well as in other posts here over time, that I have had some awesome customer service experiences with DK.

It is this ongoing commitment to exemplary customer service that keeps me coming back to Dennis Kirk. I know that should there be a problem with a product I buy from them that they will bend over backwards to take care of me and deal with their suppliers after the fact.

I have the same loyalty to a local dealership body shop. I waited a month to get my truck in there because I knew they would do a terrific job and would not call it done until I did. They proved this on a previous repair and won me over as a customer for life.

Price is not everything, I tend to be loyal to those vendors that are committed to high ethical standards and put customer service above all else. Low price is great, but it not always the deciding factor.

In the case of tires, lowest price and best service make it a no-brainer.

I hope I have adequately answered your question.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

and many, many others.

post #6 of 8 Old Jul 21st, 2014, 1:36 pm

Tagged! I still have lots of miles left on the tires, but who knows..

Personally, I will never buy Avons again. I had them on 2 other bikes, and while they gripped and handled well, I got les than 4000km (not miles) out of the rear, and less than 10000 out of the front. I did not mistreat them, just the occasional sprint to 160-200 km/h or so.

Current rides:
2003 BMW 1200 LT (bought in 2006)

Past rides:
97 Kawasaki ZX11(bought new in 1997, sadly sold in September 2014)
89 Honda Hurricane (sold)
88 Honda Hurricane (traded on an SUV)
86 Kawasaki 1000R (stolen but recovered)
84 Honda 750F (traded on 1000R)
81 Suzuki GSX1100 (sold)
78 Suzuki GS750 (traded on GSX1100)
74 Yamaha RD50 (sold)
post #7 of 8 Old Jul 21st, 2014, 6:19 pm Thread Starter

I, too, am done with Avons after two fronts failed back to back.

It was that ordeal that proved to me just how good Dennis Kirk is at customer service!

If you want to buy spare tires at with the $50 rebate, it is only through July, FWIW.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

and many, many others.

post #8 of 8 Old Jul 28th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211 View Post

As always, I purchased from DennisKirk.com because of their fantastic service during and AFTER the sale, and because they will beat any delivered price by a buck! Total, delivered price from DK is $329.21, and I have found no better price...............................

I'm in for a set. Thanks for the detail instructions for DK.
Just bought an 03 LT. Tires still have a few thousand on them I'm sure. Probably put them on this coming spring. By then, I should be able to get a good idea how the bike handles. Then I'll look forward to the feel of new tires.

Regards, Ken

Enjoy the journey!

2003 K1200LT
2005 Yamaha R1
1975 CR125 Elsinore
1974 Honda CB750K4
1974 H2 750 Kaw
1970 Triumph 650
1961 Pan/Shovel
Couple Mini Trail's QA' & CT's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in