CEE BAILEY SHIELD - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jul 11th, 2014, 10:02 am Thread Starter

CEE BAILEY SHIELD

Just installed Cee Bailey Hyper flow shield. I had oem shield yet and it had seen it's best years. I bought the tall Whisper 22. I like the look of it as the cut and shape seem to flow with the bike. As for riding 2 up or solo it seems very similar to the oem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jul 11th, 2014, 4:52 pm

Talking Re: CEE BAILEY SHIELD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwriderm View Post
Just installed Cee Bailey Hyper flow shield. I had oem shield yet and it had seen it's best years. I bought the tall Whisper 22. I like the look of it as the cut and shape seem to flow with the bike. As for riding 2 up or solo it seems very similar to the oem.
I replaced a faded oem on my '99 with a 16" CeeBailey Sport and really like it for summer riding. It is alot shorter than the orig. but down it allows alot of wind flow on these hot Texas days; and up it still provides protection from rain, bugs, too much wind, etc. I might try the 22' for winter.
post #3 of 10 Old Jul 11th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Re: CEE BAILEY SHIELD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkyrieRider View Post
I replaced a faded oem on my '99 with a 16" CeeBailey Sport and really like it for summer riding. It is alot shorter than the orig. but down it allows alot of wind flow on these hot Texas days; and up it still provides protection from rain, bugs, too much wind, etc. I might try the 22' for winter.
Where in Texas are you? Your profile does not say.

Robert

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

2000 K1200LT "Latifah"
1994 R1100RSL (wife's)
1981 R80GS
1976 R90S
1965 R80/2 Frankenbike (wife's)
2001 Bunkhouse LX (given to son)
2011 Bunkhouse Queen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old Jul 11th, 2014, 7:15 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
I might try the 22' for winter.
If you're interested in saving some cash, I have a Cee Bailey Whisper Flow Windshield in the Classifieds for a decent price.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #5 of 10 Old Jul 11th, 2014, 11:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter-50 View Post
Where in Texas are you? Your profile does not say.

Robert
Sorry, need to update that profile. East of Dallas, Rockwall County, Royse City 75189 I know that Columbus is close to Houston - maybe we can get together somehow. Are there any meets or BMW bike shows this year near you or me ?
post #6 of 10 Old Jul 12th, 2014, 12:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese View Post
If you're interested in saving some cash, I have a Cee Bailey Whisper Flow Windshield in the Classifieds for a decent price.
Thanks -just checked it out, looks nice! My budget is shot right now after buying the bike in May, adding a Corbin and the Sport shield, new tire, breaks, & lights . I'll try working some OT for xtra funds and get with you soon, if you still have it.
post #7 of 10 Old Jul 12th, 2014, 12:03 am
IBR# 366

Garage

No problem.

I got it for a decent price from a friend, and I no longer have the LT, so I thought I could pass it on to someone who could use it.

And get it out of my garage.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 10 Old Jul 12th, 2014, 7:43 am

Quote:
Sorry, need to update that profile. East of Dallas, Rockwall County, Royse City 75189 I know that Columbus is close to Houston - maybe we can get together somehow. Are there any meets or BMW bike shows this year near you or me ?
The only "local" rallies that I know of are the national in St. Paul (which we will attend) and the Houston club rally Sat, 1 November 2014, 13:00 Sun, 2 November 2014, 14:00 Oak Thicket Park On Lake Fayette, Texas 159, Fayetteville, TX. (I'm not too impressed with this turning into practically a day ride for me, used to be two nights with three meals included)

You might look into the RTE meets that come up quite often.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Robert

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

2000 K1200LT "Latifah"
1994 R1100RSL (wife's)
1981 R80GS
1976 R90S
1965 R80/2 Frankenbike (wife's)
2001 Bunkhouse LX (given to son)
2011 Bunkhouse Queen

post #9 of 10 Old Jul 12th, 2014, 3:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese View Post
eMail sent.

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #10 of 10 Old Jul 12th, 2014, 3:53 pm

I just got a Slipstreamer. I read some of the posts here and decided it was the best bang for the buck -- for my 14 year old bike that is primarily a commuter. It was $103 (including "free" shipping) through Amazon. It did come with two minor scratches off on one side, but it will probably have many more by this time next year.

The original windshield had gotten to the point where I could barely see through it.

When I bought the bike eight years ago, apparently I took the windshield off, probably just to clean under it. I had marked the plastic covers and the metal brackets with L and R and "up".

Just now, as I was putting it back together, I gingerly snapped the cover back on one side and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't lying flat on the windshield. I snapped it back off and on again to make sure the tab had gone into the slot. Still not sitting right. Then I noticed that the angle at the bottom was perpendicular to the cut of the windshield.

Oh, fradtz. They were (correctly) marked L and R as one is sitting on the bike. I was standing in front of the bike.

Screws back out... swap them to the correct sides... screws back in. Hey, the covers now fit correctly.

[facepalm]

If you look at the map and don't care where you are, you're not lost.

2000 K1200LT
1977 R75/7
1962 R60/2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in