AIRHAWK on LT Sizing Question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jul 7th, 2014, 4:32 pm Thread Starter

Garage
AIRHAWK on LT Sizing Question

I'm curious what size AIRHAWK those who have chosen to go that route (over the many other options discussed on this board) are using?

I found one mention of using Medium, and one of Large, but for the most part the sizing was never discussed.

I have decided to get one for myself and one for the Queen's seat and would love to hear what size you all have found to be suitable.

Thanks in advance!

2007 R1200GS Adventure
No longer "OrovilleTim" as I defected from California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jul 7th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Re: AIRHAWK on LT Sizing Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrovilleTim View Post
I'm curious what size AIRHAWK those who have chosen to go that route (over the many other options discussed on this board) are using?

I found one mention of using Medium, and one of Large, but for the most part the sizing was never discussed.

I have decided to get one for myself and one for the Queen's seat and would love to hear what size you all have found to be suitable.

Thanks in advance!
I bought the large cruiser and really liked it until I bought a Corbin seat. I have it for sale now. I listed it a long time ago and not sure if it's still in the classifieds or not.

PM me if you are interested in buying it.

David Hogerheide

2015 K1600GTL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 K1200LT (traded for GTL)
1984 Kawasaki Spectre: long gone
BMWMOA# 163123
BMWRA member
AMA member
Saddle sore 1000 Sept 2011
Bun Burner 1500 Sept 2011

CCR 2012 Duluth, MN
CCR 2014 Chattanooga, TN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Garage

I have an '09 stock seat
I am using a large Airhawk. But I would imagine it would depend mainly on the model year. I am not saying this with much authority but from reading some threads and some pictures the older models don't have the same seat configuration as mine. Plus on earlier bikes there was a comfort seat option. Hope I'm not wrong with my info or summation.
ride safe

post #4 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrovilleTim View Post

Thanks in advance!
Hi I've just bought a medium size I came to this choice through reading the feedback on this forum, the medium fits and does the job, I think the large would be too large for the riders seat on the LT
Bren
post #5 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Garage

I have the large Cruiser and It fits my Corbin seat just right. The reason I use mine is to get a tad higher in the seat as the Previous Owner ordered the "LOW" option on the Corbin. Very Comfy!

Ride Safe, Bill
post #6 of 8 Old Jul 8th, 2014, 4:18 pm Thread Starter

Garage

In addition to the much appreciated feedback, after I posted the original post I found some threads that came up that seemed to evade my searches that mostly pointed to medium also.

That actually is a relief as I was looking at the new "R" version which is slated towards those with prostate issues (stinks getting older... or so I hear) and it appears to very close in size to the Medium Cruiser in dimensions.

Does anybody have any feedback as what the optimal size for the passenger has worked out to be? The pillion versions seem to be just rectangles, which doesn't look like it would be very comfy.

Thanks!
Tim

2007 R1200GS Adventure
No longer "OrovilleTim" as I defected from California
post #7 of 8 Old Jul 9th, 2014, 9:29 am

I use a stock saddle and have the medium cruiser on the front and the "R" for the passenger. The medium fills the whole seat except the few inches near the gas tank (horn?) which I don't seat on and the "R" fits the rear seat great and follows the contour between the front/rear seat and will work with the driver backrest if installed.

Hope this helps.

Sammy
post #8 of 8 Old Jul 9th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Thumbs up Re: AIRHAWK on LT Sizing Question

I went the Russell route after trying the Airhawk for a while. Never could get the air pressure where it felt just right. I am using the Airhawk at my desk now to help take the load off! It says 14"x14" inside it, cruiser medium. It fit great on the bike.

Randy

47' Schwinn Whizzer H
50' Roadmaster Cycletruck Whizzer J
67' T-100R Triumph Tiger
83' CT100 Honda Trail
86' TR200 Honda Fat Cat
94' FLHR Harley Roadking
04' Von Dutch Cruel World
04' 1200KLT BMW
05' AN400 Suzuki Burgman
06' 250 Aprilla Scarabeo
07' 125 Yamaha Vino
11' Victory Vision

Not enough room to list the "sold" bikes....

Tags
airhawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in