Rear Brake caliper question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 9:26 am Thread Starter

Rear Brake caliper question

Sorry guys still trying to figure out my problem. I have a grinding noise when I rotate the rear wheel and have figured out that it is the caliper bolt rubbing on the brake rotor. I have an 05 LT and was wondering if someone else with an 05LT can verify something for me. There are 2 bolts which hold the rear caliper on. On mine the rear bolt has a shoulder instead of a washer and the other one (front) has a single washer on it. I can rig/fix the problem by adding another washer but I want it right. Is there another spacer missing or maybe it is just such a tight tolerance and my rotor is warped. Just trying to figure it out before I spend 8 hours back and forth to nearest dealer.
Thanks again guys. If anyone with an 05 would not mind me calling them and talking looking that would also be appreciated. PM me with a number. Thanks

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 9:34 am

Marc,

I know you're asking for someone with an '05 to reply . . . but IIRC all LTs from '02 to '06 have the exact same rear caliper and rotor. The bolts and washers you describe are exactly what I have on my '02. A shoulder'ed bolt to the rear, and a bolt w/ ONE washer toward the front. I took mine apart last Saturday morning, so I know for sure.
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 21st, 2006, 10:14 am Thread Starter

Thanks Joe

Appreciate the response. To the dealer it goes

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in