BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Vanity Plate

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  GoldenDragon 
#1 ·
I am considering a vanity plate for my LT. It is a crash-tested model that will be getting (fingers crossed) completed and titled July 1 (thereabouts).

Anyway, North Carolina has this nifty site where you can check out availability of license plates. I am considering:

KRYGMA (word Kerygma from the Greek meaning proclomation, preaching - I'm a pastor)

Also, today at Church had a visitor that's a rider. Always nice to meet another Christian rider.

#4 ·
I am thinking about doing a vanity plate too, however I get a lot of jokes about my last name. Not that I don't trust all you fine motorcyclists... but I prefer to keep my last name off the web as much as possible. My last name is pronounced "Phallic" - spelled differently. If you don't what a phallic symbol is, look it up, oh yeah I am 6'6" and thin built.

#6 ·
Wings before Rides

I as well am a Christian rider. Today after service, the Pastor(GW) and the guest speaker(Voyager), a deacon(aprillia), and myself sat and had a Father's Day Fellowship pot luck. It was great, we all sat and talked about areas we want to ride to, and all the areas mostly had some religious backdrop as a reason to go. We have talked about an annual ride as I was told there are about 20riders in the congregation. Only about 100 total, so 1/5th are on 2 wheels.

When you ride on todays roads on two wheels with todays idiots, you better not "suppose" you are right with God, you better "Know"

Happy Father's Day all. Don't forget our Spiritual Father!!

God Bless..

Adam, Yes, I noticed your last name when you emailed me. I would be lying if I said I didn't chuckle..haha. Sorry brother... I was going to save it for our first get together, but decided now would be as good a time as any to Razz you.

#10 ·
Phil_Adams said:
I am considering a vanity plate for my LT. It is a crash-tested model that will be getting (fingers crossed) completed and titled July 1 (thereabouts).

Anyway, North Carolina has this nifty site where you can check out availability of license plates. I am considering:

KRYGMA (word Kerygma from the Greek meaning proclomation, preaching - I'm a pastor)

Also, today at Church had a visitor that's a rider. Always nice to meet another Christian rider.
Hey Phil:

Sounds good. We have a boat named "Charis" (Greek for grace) Always good for an oportunity to witness when people ask the origin of the name.

God bless:

#11 ·
I met a guy with a vanity tag on a K-bike some years ago.
his tag read
1-NUT
when we got around to talking about the tag it took on a different meaning,
he had recovered from testicular cancer and still had a great sense of humor

#13 ·
Oh?

messenger13 said:
Vanity plates on a Christian's vehicle is wrong on so many levels...I don't know where to begin. Now GO! . . . and sin no more! :)

My LT's plate reads F 4 S N . What's that mean to you?!
My wife's car is tagged "B BRN AGN". It opens up a lot of doors for conversation. At a minimum, people will ask about it. Some are already there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.