BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

What was I thinking?! I shouldn't have done it!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  yaklt 
#1 ·
Thursday, my wife took the day off and we went riding. Just a slow & easy cruise where-ever. We at lunch at this really nice restaurant called the Blue Canyon (which had 'Motorcycle ONLY Parking'!), then set off again. Mid-afternoon, we pulled into BMW Motorcycles of Cleveland. They had 2 GTs in stock; the real light silver one, and a dark blue one. The dark blue GT had the larger tour trunk on it, so that's the one we sat on. I was surprised at how comfortable my wife said that she was on it. I asked if it was more uncomfortable than the LT, and she said, "No. Just...different.". I said, 'Well, what if I sold the Ninja and the LT and bought a GT?" She didn't seem too opposed at the idea! :eek: Wow! I got the 'green light' to get a new bike that wasn't an LT! I never thought I'd see the day.

Of course, a few days later, cooler heads prevail. I like the two current ponies in the stable. And I really need to just remain patient and wait for the 'new & improved' LT. Then I'll ride both the LT and GT and make a decision for my next brand new BMW.

#2 ·
messenger13 said:
Of course, a few days later, cooler heads prevail. I like the two current ponies in the stable. And I really need to just remain patient and wait for the 'new & improved' LT. Then I'll ride both the LT and GT and make a decision for my next brand new BMW.
I never did sit on Jeff's GT at Red River. Lord knows... If I did, I would be dead now. My GS isn't even a year old. I can just see it now....

Me: Hunny...Can I get a GT ?
Wife: What ?... You just got a GS !!
Me: We can sell the LT !!
Wife: That's the only one I like to ride (Twice a year)
Me: But the GT is just about as good !
Wife: What about the GS ?
Me: I still want to keep it.
Wife: So... You want to sell My bike, that you hardly ride anymore and get a bike that I don't want to ride on ?
Me: Well, we can take it for a test drive, you might just like it !
Wife: You might just like being single too !!

Besides, I'm still trying to figure out how to get a DRZ or KDX in the garage !!

I like the adjustable bars on the GT though...
Stop...
Can't think about it..
Get me out of here quick !!

Bye all !!

#3 ·
ranks said:
I never did sit on Jeff's GT at Red River. Lord knows... If I did, I would be dead now. My GS isn't even a year old. I can just see it now....

Me: Hunny...Can I get a GT ?
Wife: What ?... You just got a GS !!
Me: We can sell the LT !!
Wife: That's the only one I like to ride (Twice a year)
Me: But the GT is just about as good !
Wife: What about the GS ?
Me: I still want to keep it.
Wife: So... You want to sell My bike, that you hardly ride anymore and get a bike that I don't want to ride on ?
Me: Well, we can take it for a test drive, you might just like it !
Wife: You might just like being single too !!

Besides, I'm still trying to figure out how to get a DRZ or KDX in the garage !!

I like the adjustable bars on the GT though...
Stop...
Can't think about it..
Get me out of here quick !!

Bye all !!
he he he...

I give you to the end of the year James before you have one in the garage. Of course that means I am going to have ride down to OKC in freezing weather to see it... ;)

#4 ·
Grrrrr....

....thought it was cabin fever in the winter....

now, with my LT in the shop for _yet_ another week (parts on "bak erder" from were, again? Germ-y whaaat?) after hitting a friggin wild turkey?

I need - no _want_ - a second bike.... but my second bike payment is going to some friggin college...

...and I've got cabin fever in May - what's this all about?

....anybody got a bike for sale cheap?

*grin* / *frown* / *little grin*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.