was considering trading the 05 LT for the GT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old May 18th, 2006, 6:09 pm Thread Starter
ppp

was considering trading the 05 LT for the GT

... after saturday's quick spin . I was that impressed !

I've just returned from a 100 mile ride over assorted roads that i know very well . I am completely amazed with the hossack front end ,its precision ,rigidity and easyness in changing direction . The speed of the bike on fast twisting roads with some hills is truly amazing , really ! This is a damn fast bike . I guess some sport bike riders will be amazed with the pace specially on the twisty , hilly stuff ! Silly corner speeds can be reached with a sense of easeness and total control .Be carefull !

On the other hand , i cannot forgive BMW for the details that keep the GT away from being a almost perfect sport-touring bike .
One is throttle response from closed . It is like a on-off switch ! When accelerating from a closed throttle as gently as you can it just seems that you grabed a handfull of throttle , all the transmission protests loudly with a big ,mechanical , metal to metal klank . I wonder if this is good for the life of gearbox , shaft ,final drive .It certainly is very unpleasant from a riders perspective not to be able to accelerate clean and smoothly .
The other is fairing protection .The windshield protection is ridiculous ,deafening noise ,buffeting ,exposed head , shoulders ,feet ... very , very bad ,80's bike come to mind.
The other is engine vibration . On the highway at high speed it shakes itself to bits and with it, bars and pegs vibrate badly ... springy hands and feet ...k1100rs anyone ?

I'm sure they will fix the injection and the windshield soon .
Not so sure about the engine .

Prefer it to the RT ,won't trade the LT .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old May 18th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Cool

Finally saw the GT in person today and sat on it. Looks better in person than in pictures. - Nice to look at but *Where is the Radio? Not nearly as comfortable as the LT.

Not even remotely interested as far as leaving the LT for it.

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

post #3 of 29 Old May 21st, 2006, 6:37 pm

Hmmm, I have an LT and an R. But not a GT. I completed my first service on the R bike. Some thoughts.

1. It is a wet clutch bike and the tranmission / clutch shares the oil with the engine. No big deal, lots of bikes are the same. But not the LT. Dry clutch and separate transmission fluid. Change the oil often and use a good shear resistant oil. Oil is easy to change with the drop tube. Oil filter can be done with a strap wrench but the BMW special wrench is better. $69 on sale.

2. I have the service manual. I went to change the final drive fluid just because. You must remove the rear tire, brakes, torsion arm, disconnect the u-joint / slip joint and pivot the drive unit down and drain the oil from the fill plug. Yikes. Or if I can get a crane and pick it up by the front tire? (joking) Maybe it will last longer.

I love my K1200R. I like the GT but not the colors. I will keep my LT.

The contrast between the R and the LT is just right. I don't think the GT is an iron butt distance bike for me.

post #4 of 29 Old May 22nd, 2006, 12:00 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppp
On the other hand , i cannot forgive BMW for the details that keep the GT away from being a almost perfect sport-touring bike .
One is throttle response from closed . It is like a on-off switch ! When accelerating from a closed throttle as gently as you can it just seems that you grabed a handfull of throttle , all the transmission protests loudly with a big ,mechanical , metal to metal klank . I wonder if this is good for the life of gearbox , shaft ,final drive .It certainly is very unpleasant from a riders perspective not to be able to accelerate clean and smoothly .
The other is fairing protection .The windshield protection is ridiculous ,deafening noise ,buffeting ,exposed head , shoulders ,feet ... very , very bad ,80's bike come to mind.
The other is engine vibration . On the highway at high speed it shakes itself to bits and with it, bars and pegs vibrate badly ... springy hands and feet ...k1100rs anyone ?
That sure isn't the same GT I'm riding.

Aside from styling and some nits around the seat and windshield, the new GT is the best motorcycle I have ever ridden. Power, handling, seating position, light weight for its class. It outclasses the previous generation RS/GT in nearly every category. And other than riding the LT down to the dealer to put it up for consignment, I doubt I'll get on her again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 29 Old May 22nd, 2006, 1:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppp
... after saturday's quick spin . I was that impressed !

I'm sure they will fix the injection and the windshield soon .
Not so sure about the engine .

Prefer it to the RT ,won't trade the LT .
Sure doe not seem like my GT. With regards to you throttle response issue are you talking about pulling away briskly or perhaps maneuvering in a parking lot? With regards to the parking lot the throttle is a bit jittery as compared to the heavier, etc. LT, but try 2nd gear. There's certainly enough torque, the wet clutch can handle it, and about all of the jitteryness is gone.

I had a K12S and assuredly the clunk diminishes significantly after 1500 miles. Others will recommend techniques like pre-loading the clutch, shift at over 4000 rpm, etc. Good ear plugs and crisp shifts seem to eliminate the problem.

I am 5' 8" and can tell you that a BAD helmet and a casually adjusted windscreen can lead you to the wrong conclusion. Tweaking the screen ever so slightly one direction or the other can make a big difference in wind noise and buffeting. And not to be contrary, it's not an LT but it's very good in the wind protection department; but, you have to get used to it and tweak the screen height. I was on a super slab Saturday with a quartering 25 mph headwind plus many 18 wheelers. I found the GT stable and nimble, and no white knuckle riding conditions.

With regards to the engine I must assume there is/was something wrong with your demo bike. The engine is smooth, no mirror vibrations, and literally 'purrs' in any gear. Other than a somewhat noticeable slight tingle/buzz at high rpm, characteristic of the 4-cylinder, it's a magnificent, smooth running beast.

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #6 of 29 Old May 22nd, 2006, 5:49 pm Thread Starter
ppp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Sure doe not seem like my GT. With regards to you throttle response issue are you talking about pulling away briskly or perhaps maneuvering in a parking lot? With regards to the parking lot the throttle is a bit jittery as compared to the heavier, etc. LT, but try 2nd gear. There's certainly enough torque, the wet clutch can handle it, and about all of the jitteryness is gone.

I had a K12S and assuredly the clunk diminishes significantly after 1500 miles. Others will recommend techniques like pre-loading the clutch, shift at over 4000 rpm, etc. Good ear plugs and crisp shifts seem to eliminate the problem.

I am 5' 8" and can tell you that a BAD helmet and a casually adjusted windscreen can lead you to the wrong conclusion. Tweaking the screen ever so slightly one direction or the other can make a big difference in wind noise and buffeting. And not to be contrary, it's not an LT but it's very good in the wind protection department; but, you have to get used to it and tweak the screen height. I was on a super slab Saturday with a quartering 25 mph headwind plus many 18 wheelers. I found the GT stable and nimble, and no white knuckle riding conditions.

With regards to the engine I must assume there is/was something wrong with your demo bike. The engine is smooth, no mirror vibrations, and literally 'purrs' in any gear. Other than a somewhat noticeable slight tingle/buzz at high rpm, characteristic of the 4-cylinder, it's a magnificent, smooth running beast.
Hello , about the throttle issue ... i'm talking about accelerating from a closed throttle in any gear ,1 2 3 4 5 6th ,the transition from closed to open isn't smooth or progressive and the transmission protests loudly .I'm not talking about gearbox clunk when changing gear , in fact the gearbox was smooth on this 4000 mile example , what i'm saying is that all the transmission protests loudly , (gear engaged ) , when accelerating as smoothly as you can from a closed throttle .

Windshield ... 5' 11'' ,same helmet for years (system 4-not bad) , not "casually adjusted " ,in fact i had been tweaking it over the 100 miles with no luck !

Engine ... i'm talking sustained high speeds 90 ,100 ,110 ... it vibes , a lot ,enough to send your hands numb/springy quite easily .Haven't experienced this since my k1100rs days ,and remember ,it was only a 100mile trip , i cannot imagine what it can do after along day in the saddle on the highway at those speeds .

I've been riding BMWs for 15 years since i was 20 ,and my love for BMW motorcycles is enormous ,in fact it is so big that it is very difficult for me to tolerate all the above on a 20000$ sport-tourer specialy a BMW .
post #7 of 29 Old May 22nd, 2006, 7:26 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppp
Hello , about the throttle issue ... i'm talking about accelerating from a closed throttle in any gear ,1 2 3 4 5 6th ,the transition from closed to open isn't smooth or progressive and the transmission protests loudly .I'm not talking about gearbox clunk when changing gear , in fact the gearbox was smooth on this 4000 mile example , what i'm saying is that all the transmission protests loudly , (gear engaged ) , when accelerating as smoothly as you can from a closed throttle .
I don't understand what you are saying. Either my GT doesn't do this, or I don't get it. The delivery of power between rolling on the throttle and how the bike responds seems very strong and smooth. It makes the previous K-bikes I've ridden (K1200LT and K1200RS) seem quite anemic. Nothing on the bike, transmission or otherwise, protests.
Quote:
Engine ... i'm talking sustained high speeds 90 ,100 ,110 ... it vibes , a lot ,enough to send your hands numb/springy quite easily .Haven't experienced this since my k1100rs days ,and remember ,it was only a 100mile trip , i cannot imagine what it can do after along day in the saddle on the highway at those speeds .
The only vibes I get are when you hold her at 4900 RPM. 90 is a pleasure to hold -- much better than 70 MPH. I rode 660 miles over 10 hours and 36 minutes yesterday, so I've yet to experience anything you've described.

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #8 of 29 Old May 22nd, 2006, 8:00 pm

Very strange, I don't get those vibrations on mine either. I've only got fifteen hundred miles or so on mine, but it's plumb smooth except for a couple of narrow RPM bands, and even then, it's minor. I rode six hundred miles Saturday, and intended to repeat that Sunday, but one of the riders in my group on a Suzuki had bike trouble that meant that I only got a couple hundred, since I had to return and round up a pickup to haul his bike back.

The seat needs a little work, and I think I'll change the windscreen in late summer when it starts to cool off, but that's the only two complaints that I have.

The transmission was a bit clunky at first, but it's pretty slick now. This is for sure a candidate for the best motorcycle that I've even owned. Sorry the example that you rode disappointed you.

Ruben

2012 K1600 GTL
2007 R1200GS Adventure
post #9 of 29 Old May 23rd, 2006, 6:56 am

I don't know the cause, but, I had almost exactly the same experience with the one I rode. I was delighted to get back on my LT. The throttle made trying to turn and merge with cross traffic from a Stop sign an unpleasant experience.

Dan
New Hampshire
2002 K1200LTC
post #10 of 29 Old May 23rd, 2006, 7:21 am

it sounds like both of those demos bikes did NOT have the "slack" in their throttle cables taken out before you rode them... almost every BMW comes with this problem for the past 2 years.... both R and K series

Greg Savel
Clearwater, FL USA

'05 R1200GS
'02 K1200LT
live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #11 of 29 Old May 23rd, 2006, 8:10 am

Getting the EFI (therefore: throttle response) right is crucial on a higher HP and lighter bike. Also, BMW's driveshaft approach doesn't help matters either. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the boys at BMW Motorrad get it right.

As for vibrations...this was a concern of mine on the K1200S. I've ridden three of them, and the buzz in the handlebars and foot pegs was not pleasant at most highway speeds. Not compared to my Ninja, anyway. When I saw that BMW rubber-mounted the handlebar ends on the GT, I had hoped that this would take care of the vibrations to the grips. Rubber foot pegs should help too . . . but just how much?

Jeff seems to be happy enough with his steed. But that usually happens when one spends $20,000.
post #12 of 29 Old May 23rd, 2006, 4:00 pm Thread Starter
ppp

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearwaterBMW
it sounds like both of those demos bikes did NOT have the "slack" in their throttle cables taken out before you rode them... almost every BMW comes with this problem for the past 2 years.... both R and K series
Clearwater ,i know slack , it has nothing to do with slack .If you eliminated the slack on the cable by twisting the throttle right up to the point that precedes actually opening it ,and from that point ,in any gear ,accelerated as smoothly as you could ,you would get the same violent reaction with the same loud drivetrain noise .
I don't know if it was this particular bike that had this injection and vibration issues ,but it seems others on this board found the same . I will definitely try to test another not only to check this but because i really enjoy riding it ,specially over fast sweeping mountain roads , i will let you guys know .
Anyway just as i said , i'm sure the injection issue will be easily solved by BMW .The vibration will be a completely different matter i guess ...
post #13 of 29 Old May 23rd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppp
Clearwater ,i know slack , it has nothing to do with slack .If you eliminated the slack on the cable by twisting the throttle right up to the point that precedes actually opening it ,and from that point ,in any gear ,accelerated as smoothly as you could ,you would get the same violent reaction with the same loud drivetrain noise .
I don't know if it was this particular bike that had this injection and vibration issues ,but it seems others on this board found the same . I will definitely try to test another not only to check this but because i really enjoy riding it ,specially over fast sweeping mountain roads , i will let you guys know .
Anyway just as i said , i'm sure the injection issue will be easily solved by BMW .The vibration will be a completely different matter i guess ...
Seriously, this MUST just be the bike that you rode. I've never ridden an LT so I can't compare, but the GT is smooth. There can be a bit of off/on from closed throttle to open throttle but this WILL be sorted in time (see K1200S). I haven't had any mechenical noise from the transmission at all..... Please ride another one and let us know what you think. This bike rocks...
post #14 of 29 Old May 23rd, 2006, 7:36 pm

My gt had this same jerking when twisting the throttle. I took up the slake on the cable and it went away. I'm also noticing the tranny is smoothing out. I only have 550 mi. on the bike so I'm sure it will only get smother. As for the vibes I notice them a little but not that bad. If you want to ride something with bad vibes try a ktm 640 but even they smooth out after about 3000 mi. I wonder if the gt will smooth out after time?
post #15 of 29 Old May 24th, 2006, 11:22 am

Where?

Quote:Jeff seems to be happy enough with his steed. But that usually happens when one spends $20,000.

Where can you get one for $20,000 Joe?

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #16 of 29 Old May 24th, 2006, 12:01 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Jeff seems to be happy enough with his steed. But that usually happens when one spends $20,000.
Joe,

I had already pre-negotiated a deal if I didn't like the bike by the 600 mile service. Sure it would have cost me a bit, but if I wasn't sure this was the bike for me after the ride up to Talimina Skyline Drive, I was prepared to take it back and stick with the LT. Had I not liked it, I would have been out about the same as renting a LT for a couple weeks from BMW of San Jose.

But I love this bike. And it's not the $20K talking. If I didn't think this was the one, I woulda taken it back.

-
post #17 of 29 Old May 25th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Simular experiences with my test ride.

My test drive was exciting, in the city streets I was breaking the 35mph speed limit in no time, in fact I hadn't made it out of first gear yet. It was here I discovered the vibration through the handle bars, but then I was doing over 6k on the tach. I dropped the bike into 3rd gear and started to play with the ESA controls.

ESA was really neat, Comfort was truly smooth, like a Toyota Avalon, the Normal setting was very close to my LT's ride, and the Sport was just what I expected, firm. Wish my LT had this feature.

Moving on to my highway experience:
The on ramp could have been exciting, but a semi on the ramp killed that urge. Once on the highway and clear of potential wing nuts falling asleep behind the wheel, I found the throttle.
6th gear, 110mph (do you Yahoooooo) This wasn't my LT for sure! and I thought for a second, how would I keep the wife on the back, Velcro (ya that may work). Now that I think about it, I must be nuts, what was I thinking I'm 45 years old, my reflexes aren't what they use to be.

After I came to my senses I backed off, once at cruising altitude (70mph) I found myself again bothered by that vibration in my hands, and the turbulence was just to much for me.

If there's one thing I've figured out about BMW Motorcycles, is everything has be perfect in order for them to purr like a Kitten.
After my test ride I spent some time talking with a gentlemen that has an 06 K1200S. He told me his buddy tested the K1200S and had the handle bar vibration as I described, but not on the GT he tested, in which he purchased on the spot. How strange is that?

Its light, comfortable, damn hard to find the side kick stand (or is it a stick). I'm sure those who have purchase the GT, have a payment plan to cover those speeding tickets, and ever raising insurance premiums.

Herman the German, created this wonder on two wheels, you just have to give BMW credit. The technology that is this bike, all fits into a neat exciting package. Steel & Aluminum castings, a lot of plastic, a few inches of copper wiring, silicon chips here and there, two sticky rubber donuts to ride on, a few quarts of lube, along with a few gallon of explosive liquid, and you have a bunch of half crazed middle aged guys chasing after there long lost youth (me included).

Folks lets remember: if one bike fit everyones needs, this would be a boring biker world.

God Bless
Ride On

Mike Rose
2001 LT Custom
Basalt Gray
Holland, MI
post #18 of 29 Old May 26th, 2006, 10:44 pm

PPP, my GT had the sensitive throttle syndrome. It developed after several hundred miles. There is some kind of issue there I just don't know what causes it, but it had me riding in town in 5th gear to manage the jolt of on/off throttle. Had my 600 mile service done yesterday and should have had the service dept ride the bike before hand, but didn't. Anyway, I left after the service with a totally tame throttle, I can now roll it on and off. What a sweet bike when you can control the power, a b*tch when you can't. I have seen a few other comments about this issue with other GTs. I'm not missing the LT at all.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue Honu
post #19 of 29 Old May 29th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Joe,

I had already pre-negotiated a deal if I didn't like the bike by the 600 mile service. Sure it would have cost me a bit, but if I wasn't sure this was the bike for me after the ride up to Talimina Skyline Drive, I was prepared to take it back and stick with the LT. Had I not liked it, I would have been out about the same as renting a LT for a couple weeks from BMW of San Jose.

But I love this bike. And it's not the $20K talking. If I didn't think this was the one, I woulda taken it back.
Somehow I missed this reply...sorry Jeff.

Thanks for this information. It means a lot coming from you. Last Saturday, I went for a 420-mile ride on the Ninja and I really was reevaluating my riding style and where it is headed. I'm really starting to wonder if I could replace the LT and Ninja with the new K1200GT. I love my Ninja, but the constant wind blast really limits longer days in the saddle. And if it rains, I really get nailed! I love the LT, but I ride 1-UP about 98% of the time. And my wife was comfortable on the GT . . .so what the heck?!

I guess I should just take the GT for a ride.
Or . . . maybe not.
post #20 of 29 Old May 29th, 2006, 11:51 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Go ahead and take one for a ride. But be prepared to buy, it's that good. It's everything they say, and can easily do anything your Ninja can (no, I didn't try any burnouts). Plus with a slightly larger windscreen and the ergos set for you it should be pretty close to the all-day comfort of an LT. If I was only riding solo, I'd have one now.

I still want to see what the new LT looks like, but after a brief ride on a GT today, I may not want to wait until next year.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #21 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2006, 9:16 pm

I just really started reading this forum over the last couple of days. I have had a 01 LT and a 05 LT and i just purchased the GT. After reading the concerns on vibration i cranked mine up past the 8k rpms in every gear on the way to work this morning and I can honestly say i did not feel the vibration some are talking about on this thread. Currently i have 1600 miles on my GT and couldn't be happier with the power delivery and handling.

I'm a little guy so the windshield is perfect for me. I am planning a trip up to Red Budd, Michigan to check out a outdoor MX national over 4th July wkend, so this will be my first real road trip on the GT. Most of miles come from my commute back/forth to work and some great weekend twisties!!

Sure the bike is not as comfy as my prior LT's, but i knew that when i purchased the bike. The performance and handling are just unreal compared to the LT and i'll let you guys know bout the comfort factor after my road trip. I live in Houston!
post #22 of 29 Old Jun 12th, 2006, 11:25 pm

I just got back home from the Cherohala Skyway down in Norht Carolina / Tennessee. It was the third time I was down there this year. I guess you can say I like the area. I'm soooo looking forward to riding the Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon on my new GT soon. Very very soon!

A full ride report to folllow...
post #23 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2006, 6:03 am

while i like deal's gap...
avoiding it at all cost is my plan for the next 30 years...
too many idiots... etc
anyone who's been there knows what i mean

the Cherohala Skyway, on the other hand,
http://www.cherohala.com/

is one of the most beautiful places east of the mississippi... in the US
Joe,
i hope that you'll make it 4 time there soon...
when we'll BOTH have our BLUE GTs...
it would be great to meet you there.
there is a great little restaurant on the west side of the skyway..... in Tellico Plains, TN... i'd be happy to buy you dinner

Greg Savel
Clearwater, FL USA

'05 R1200GS
'02 K1200LT
live like you mean it...
post #24 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2006, 8:55 am

Quote:
there is a great little restaurant on the west side of the skyway..... in Tellico Plains, TN... i'd be happy to buy you dinner
If you're talking about the Bristro...you got yourself a deal! We ate there Sunday. Yummy!

As for the Dragon, the best rule of thumb is just don't do it on the weekends. During the week, it's open, safe, and fun. Virtually idiot-free.
post #25 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2006, 9:05 am

Quote:
If you're talking about the Bristro...you got yourself a deal! We ate there Sunday. Yummy!

As for the Dragon, the best rule of thumb is just don't do it on the weekends. During the week, it's open, safe, and fun. Virtually idiot-free.

yeah...
i hardly ever get to the gap during the week... wish i did
but, there are so many other better roads, as we both know

and.....
yes.... i WAS talking about the Bistro
http://bistrobytheriver.com/

it would be my honor to have dinner there with you as our twin blue GTs "chatted" in the parking lot

Greg Savel
Clearwater, FL USA

'05 R1200GS
'02 K1200LT
live like you mean it...
post #26 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2006, 9:09 am

Thumbs up

Quote:
it would be my honor to have dinner there with you as our twin blue GTs "chatted" in the parking lot
I have a small sneaking feeling if you name the day, I'll be there.
post #27 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2006, 9:33 am

Quote:
I have a small sneaking feeling if you name the day, I'll be there.
i can't wait to get the GT on the road... i'm still waiting to hear from friend at the dealership

Greg Savel
Clearwater, FL USA

'05 R1200GS
'02 K1200LT
live like you mean it...
post #28 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2006, 11:19 am

Quote:
------------ there are so many other better roads, as we both know-------------
Plan a trip to the San Diego area sometime! Whe have hundreds of miles of great mountain twisties, most all interconnected without ever needing to ride a "straight" road. Sometimes you almost beg for some straight to rest though. You could ride here for a week, and still not ride them all.

Our views are nicer too, since we do not have to contend with many of those darned view blocking trees!

Tried to upload the San Diego BMW club ride map, but seems the site upload is broken again. Look here: http://www.bmwocsd.org/

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #29 of 29 Old Jun 13th, 2006, 11:34 am

hello david
i know how spoiled i would be by riding in your area
i have DRIVEN (on family trips) hundreds of miles from san diego sacramento and back.

i am a big fan of
www.pashnit.com

he's a great guy with lots of ideas about roads further north as well

i would LOVE to ride with you sometime

thanks for the thoughts

Greg Savel
Clearwater, FL USA

'05 R1200GS
'02 K1200LT
live like you mean it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in