Rode the GT today...and two others for comparison - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old May 6th, 2006, 4:14 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Rode the GT today...and two others for comparison

I had the opportunity to test ride three bikes today while waiting for my oil to get changed at the Miami BMW dealer. First, I rode the R1200RT and it was quite comfortable. Coming from an LT, one's standards are set high, and this bike made the cut...except for the buzzing I felt on the grips. Being used to the K engine, I simply can't tolerate the vibration of the boxer engine.

Next came the K1200S. No wheelies, but pure exhilaration. Only surprise wason the expressway, approaching traffic that quickly came to a halt. As the distance to the pickup that slowed down suddenly in front of me shortened, I discovered no ABS. Locked up the rear tire a little. No drama, but I did experience a high pucker factor.

Finally, after a 5 mile stint, I took the GT out. I found it was more sedate than the S, as it is meant to be that way, but still had lots of power and balance. Whereas I didn't miss my backrest while on the RT, I found myself "hanging on" to the grips while briskly accelerating. Easily added aftermarket for those who wish, I suppose. One other surprise was the lack of a radio. Not even an option, I'm told. What a shame. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my ride and may consider a second bike in the near future.

Joe
05 Ocean Blue LT "Mein Byk"
14 Rolls Royce Ghost
16 GLE 63 S
99 CLK 320 Cabriolet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in