Insurance Cost - Collin County, TX - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 5th, 2006, 10:55 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Insurance Cost - Collin County, TX

I'm not sure what it is in your area, but Progressive just added the new GT to my policy for $584 per year. Not bad, since my LT was $474 before adding the GT. Interestingly enough, my LT dropped to $342 after adding the GT. Multi-bike discounts apply.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 6th, 2006, 2:21 am

That's a deal.

Obviously they don't know what they're insuring. Bikes to new.

Jeannette's FJR is the big hicky on our insurance. Once we added it to our insurance our annual is about $1200.00. Progresive wanted closer to $1500. No tickets, no accidents.

Good for you!

2000 K1200LTC - Mighty Matilda
2003 KLR650

There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't.

post #3 of 5 Old May 17th, 2006, 2:28 pm

You ought to give my AnPac agent a call; bet you'd be surprised with his coverage limits and quote.

Harold Coleman - 512-306-8814 mention Big Al sent you. He covers all of Texas. Nothing in it for me but you can sure save some $$.

Update: I just called my agent to get an estimate of what this bike would cost to add to my policy (understand I've got my LT and VTX on the policy). The estimate came back at $318/yr with high end full coverage.

Last edited by TX03LTC; May 17th, 2006 at 5:05 pm. Reason: Updating information

post #4 of 5 Old Dec 31st, 2006, 12:15 pm

Insurance

I have a DR650 listed as my primary motorcycle and my K1200GT is listed as my secondary motorcycle. This makes my insurance cheaper for the GT. I pay $348 for full coverage for both bikes here in Akansas. My policy is with Dairyland Insurance. Also, I have been with Dairyland for years.
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:49 am
Lifetime Supporter

I've been with Dairyland through the old Fort Worth BMW dealer (now Perry's Motorcycles and Sidecars) since 2001. I noticed that when I first added my '06 FJR it was only a few $$ more than the '02 Bonneville it replaced (~$400 a yr) but they added another $100/yr adjustment a month later so it's in the $500/yr range now. I do carry higher liability limits for rallies but that only adds a little.

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in