Next Week!!! Yes, I said Next Week (week of 05/01/2006) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:26 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Next Week!!! Yes, I said Next Week (week of 05/01/2006)

Just got off the phone with 3 dealers. The invoices are flowing, which means that the bikes are soon to arrive. The GSAs arrived within 3 days of getting their invoices, so it looks like early next week for GTs to show up in dealer showrooms in the US.

I'm happy and a little sad. BMW of North Dallas has a Crystal Grey unit coming in first, so I won't be the first one -- unless I change my mind on the color. Depending on the transit schedule, this unit might be in the Plano shop as early as TOMORROW!!! But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:53 pm

The owner of Blue Moon BMW was leaving for Germany yesterday. I wonder what he is bringing back.

2018 K1600GTL
2012 K1600GTL (retired)
2003 K1200LT (retired)

IBA # 35048
post #3 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Just got off the phone with 3 dealers. The invoices are flowing, which means that the bikes are soon to arrive. The GSAs arrived within 3 days of getting their invoices, so it looks like early next week for GTs to show up in dealer showrooms in the US.

I'm happy and a little sad. BMW of North Dallas has a Crystal Grey unit coming in first, so I won't be the first one -- unless I change my mind on the color. Depending on the transit schedule, this unit might be in the Plano shop as early as TOMORROW!!! But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
Kewl!

Let me congratulate ya early!!! BTW, what is a GT goin for?

post #4 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Quote:

And watch, I won't get a Crystal Gray! Probably get the dark gray . . . I have been pestering my dealer and next week indeed!!!!

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #5 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 1:49 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

John,

I'll tell you what. If you get a blue one, pick it up, and I'll get the grey one. Then we'll meet in Mississippi and swap bikes. Deal? LOL!!!

Later,

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #6 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Quote:

hehehhehe and I will be in Texas soon, you better hide your keys!

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #7 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 2:25 pm

Smile

Quote:
John,

I'll tell you what. If you get a blue one, pick it up, and I'll get the grey one. Then we'll meet in Mississippi and swap bikes. Deal? LOL!!!

Later,
Don't think I didn't think of that. Hope it works out for you . . . Crystal Gray not mandatory for me, but I like it a tad better. But, will take the gray or blue in a heartbeat if I have to wait.

Regards

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #8 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 2:46 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

Tom,

Get in line. I think I've already had 30 requests from people to ride my GT when I get it. I know I won't have any trouble getting 600 miles for the first service. LOL!!!

-
post #9 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 3:06 pm

My dealer has one GT on its way, should be there in the next day or so. But unclear as to when the rest of the allotment arrives. He says that every dealer gets one and then they start sending out the others. Has anyone heard differently that one dealer has multiple GTs en route, or how long between GT1 and GT2?
post #10 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Quote:
Tom,

Get in line. I think I've already had 30 requests from people to ride my GT when I get it. I know I won't have any trouble getting 600 miles for the first service. LOL!!!

well I figure since I will be stuck OOPS still be proud to own my Lt , If we go for a ride together you may miss the lt and since I'm such a good guy and all, I'd be (nice) and let you trade with me for the trip

<grin>

Tom (how was that for kissin up for a ride on one again?)

Tom

post #11 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon
Dusty Miller told me on the GS-Adv that he, like the other dealers got One early then the remaining allocation arrives.
Not GT, but the process is probably the same.
in my bestest DaveDragon voice, I called dusty and told them you (oops _I_ being DaveDragon) could no longer take the gsa and to sell it to a really good friend of yours

yea ME!

<g>

Tom

post #12 of 16 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 3:55 pm

Quote:
BMW of North Dallas has a Crystal Grey unit coming in first, so I won't be the first one -- unless I change my mind on the color.
Some people embrace change, some choose to fight it. The ones who embrace and adapt, win.
post #13 of 16 Old May 3rd, 2006, 7:43 am

BMW of Denver got a crystal gray in yesterday - we happened to be there and were able to see it still in the back, just freshly assembled - I wasn't that crazy about the color and am eager to see the dark gray and the blue. BUT HOLY COW, does it sound awesome! They said they'd take Dean's 03 LTC in trade for $10k diff - gulp.
post #14 of 16 Old May 3rd, 2006, 9:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsauer608
BMW of Denver got a crystal gray in yesterday - we happened to be there and were able to see it still in the back, just freshly assembled - I wasn't that crazy about the color and am eager to see the dark gray and the blue. BUT HOLY COW, does it sound awesome! They said they'd take Dean's 03 LTC in trade for $10k diff - gulp.
So are you bringing the new GT to Rango's Roundup? Will there be twin GTs at Red River in a few weeks? Will Dean get to ride the new GT? Inquiring minds want to know!

David
IBA #31697
'02 K1200RS Black "Bling-Bling"
'04 Saab 9-3 Aero SS
'06 Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible
post #15 of 16 Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:21 pm

There was one at Hebert's in Baton Rouge yesterday still in the crate, blue looked interesting though. Was told that three deposits were already received.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #16 of 16 Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:29 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsauer608
I sat on a gray one today at Western BMW in Eugene. The seating position is just right for my 5'9" frame. I'm wondering how you over 6' guys and gals will like it.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in