BMW AF-XIED O2 Sensor Manipulators - Beta testers wanted! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Oct 10th, 2013, 3:29 pm Thread Starter

BMW AF-XIED O2 Sensor Manipulators - Beta testers wanted!

Hi Guys,
We have recently introduced to market the BMW AF-XIED O2 sensor manipulators and are currently looking for beta testers (who own a GS911 code reader) for the K1200/1300 series bikes. These units have been thoroughly tested on the R1200 series bikes and since the K1200/1300 bikes also use the BMSK fuel injection system and the same O2 sensor these units will work well for them as well. Here is a link to the Vendor's thread I just posted which has all of the info on the BMW AF-XIED units: http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=46798
Basically these are a new fuel enhancement device utilizing the stock O2 sensor signal and allowing you to set your air-fuel ratio in the 13.6-14.1 range for optimal performance and drive ability. Roger is the mastermind behind this device and did all of the research and data logging on this device. He partnered with Nightrider who has made similar devices for the Harley market for years. The BMW brains were a little more complicated to deal with than the Harleys but these things work awesomely. Roger will chime in on this post soon and will work with any interested beta testers to get these units working with the K1200/1300 series bikes. Once that is done we can offer them for sale at Beemerboneyard.com . You can see the currently available versions for most other BMWs here: http://www.beemerboneyard.com/bmwafo2sema.html
Anyone interested please post here and Roger will get in touch with you.
Thanks!
Mike

beemerboneyard
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by beemerboneyard; Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:45 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Oct 10th, 2013, 10:39 pm

Re: BMW AF-XIED O2 Sensor Manipulators - Beta testers wanted!

BMW should put its attorneys on this as it's a trademark violation to use their name as part of the name of a product not sold by them.

Consumers should not be mislead by these shenanigans.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S
post #3 of 6 Old Oct 11th, 2013, 9:07 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris
BMW should put its attorneys on this as it's a trademark violation to use their name as part of the name of a product not sold by them.

Consumers should not be mislead by these shenanigans.
The name of the product is the AF-XIED. BMW is there only to show which bikes they are for. AF-XIED units are available for Harley, Ducati, Buell, etc also. No shenanigans here. Geez, relax.
Mike

beemerboneyard
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old Oct 11th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Wow Kent, those are gonna be some busy little bees, it will take valuable time away from them writing all those disclaimers taking up the first ten pages of every manual and instruction sheet printed.

You are kidding I hope.

Terry
post #5 of 6 Old Oct 16th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Well, I own an 06 wedge K1200GT that is about to get its tracking problem (ball joints) dealt with, less than 30K miles bought used.
And I bought 2 of Rogers devices already, for the R1100S and hexhead RT.

Might be able to help out (or at the least, buy one eventually). The K1200GT has a really soft bottom end compared to the K1200RS (running on RhineWest chip) that I also ride and I wouldn't be at all surprised its the fueling, though I haven't bothered to look at it- still getting the other stuff straight but almost done with that.

Also own a GS-911.

Can't say I see the name as anything other than stated- a way to ID what brand the model fits- though considering its sold at BeemerBoneyard its a bit redundant- not going to be a Harley part. I suppose you could move the brand designation to after the product name, with a separating comma or paren if it pisses off anybody..

Last edited by racer7; Oct 16th, 2013 at 2:17 pm.
post #6 of 6 Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 12:00 pm

I have a 07 K1200GT and also a GS911 plus access to a dyno.
PM me.

Jim
MSF Rider Coach

Haverhill, MA
66 R50/2
92 R100R
07 Silver KGT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in