BMW AF-XIED O2 Sensor Manipulators available at Beemerboneyard.com !! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Oct 10th, 2013, 2:37 pm Thread Starter

BMW AF-XIED O2 Sensor Manipulators available at Beemerboneyard.com !!

The BMW-AF-XiED O2 sensor manipulator is a plug and play O2 sensor controller that allows you to change the closed loop fuel injection air/fuel ratio from the stock overly lean 14.7:1 ratio (the main culprit in surging and poor throttle response issues) to as low as 13.6:1. It is a simple plug and play device that plugs in between your stock O2 sensor and the bikes wire harness and is easily adjusted with a small screw driver. Advanced circuitry changes the O2 signal sent to the stock BMW Motronic or BMSK fuel injection brain to achieve a richer air fuel ratio. Benefits include elimination of surging, much better throttle response and acceleration, better pull from low rpms in all gears, the ability to ride a gear higher than normal and reduced pinging. This is a much simpler, more elegant and less expensive solution than piggy-back fuel controllers like the Power Commander to the notorious lean running condition on the BMW R1150 bikes. The BMW-AF-XIED allows the full use of the Motronic and leverages its adaptive abilities to also richen open loop air/fuel ratios. After a couple tank-fulls of gas your bikes Motronic will have full adapted and the bike will be running better and better. We have tested this device back to back with a dyno tuned Power Commander on one of our personal bikes and came away so impressed we sold the Power Commander and started carrying the product - it is that good! You can read more than you'd want to know about the development and testing (including much data logging) in this thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749080 (long post with a lot of charts and graphs )
I have been testing this unit on my R1200R and just got back from a 1500 mile trip through VT using it. It takes a few tank fulls of gas for all of the adaptation to occur but the results are great. Much better low end torque and throttle response. No more snatchy throttle and crisper acceleration through out the rev range. Basically you will find you can easily pull a gear higher in all situations. Mileage is basically the same. I have used Power Commanders, air temp foolers and Dobeck controllers, all of which helped the fueling but none of them worked as seamlessly as the XIED does. The key is that is leverages the stock fuel map but does what BMW could not due to emissions restraints, it allows you to set the air-fuel ratio where it needs to be for the best manners and performance - in the 13.6:1 - 14:1 range instead of the overly lean stock 14.7:1 ratio. All of the engineering and testing that BMW has done on the Motronic or BMSK is retained, it is just receiving an altered O2 signal instructing it to fuel richer. The O2 sensor is the final determiner in setting the air fuel ratio. Nightrider is the company that developed the circuitry which allows the O2 signal to be altered and accepted by the BMSK and Motronic brains. Roger, the original poster and the guy who made this project happen has done a tremendous amount of testing and research regarding this along with a ton of data-logging with his GS911 and eventually partnered with Nightrider to make the BMW version of the XIED. Nightrider has been making similar devices for the Harley market for several years. Models are currently available for all R850/1100/1150 bikes, all R1200 Hexheads and Camheads, all K1100 and K1200LT/RS and older K1200GT bikes and F800 bikes. We are going to be testing on the K1200/1300 bikes soon and we are looking for beta testers who have a GS911 and can log some data. Roger will work with any beta testers to be sure the units are set correctly. I will post individual threads in each bike model forum so beta testers can post.
Check the BMW AF-XIED out and order one here: http://www.beemerboneyard.com/bmwafo2sema.html

Thanks!
Mike

beemerboneyard
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by beemerboneyard; Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:32 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Oct 10th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Re: BMW AF-XIED O2 Sensor Manipulators available at Beemerboneyard.com !!

BMW should put its attorneys on this as it's a trademark violation to use their name as part of the name of a product not sold by them.

Consumers should not be mislead by these shenanigans.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S
post #3 of 7 Old Oct 10th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris
BMW should put its attorneys on this as it's a trademark violation to use their name as part of the name of a product not sold by them.

Consumers should not be mislead by these shenanigans.
Take a deep breath, Have a cup of coffee or better yet a beer and you will be ok. relax

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892

post #4 of 7 Old Oct 11th, 2013, 6:47 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
Take a deep breath, Have a cup of coffee or better yet a beer and you will be ok. relax
+1.
post #5 of 7 Old Oct 25th, 2013, 12:31 pm

He is correct about the legal aspects but....

If we're talking about being responsible maybe BMW should take some responsibility for all the poor engineering done to our bikes.
post #6 of 7 Old Nov 4th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Mike,
Got the first one of the two I got from you installed on the SOs R1100S, 04 model.
This has got to be the most cost effective improvement to performance I've ever seen- and I've seen a bunch over almost 50 years of tinkering with performance mods plus my track time with my own and others toys. For street use, the idea of maintaining all of that very expensively developed factory programming but tweaking it electronically to what is really needed is the only way to fly- no need for doing your own maps, hacking into factory wiring (for those who don't know, these are simple plug and play or require only minimal connections)
The AF-XiED completely eliminated all the low end nastiness of BMWs stock fueling and provides a much wider and more linear powerband. This thing will surely tempt you to wear out tires faster because the bike is a lot more fun with it installed. With it in place, 6th gear full throttle roll ons from 60-90 comparing her R1100S and my currently stock (but not for much longer) RT came out so close to dead even that the difference is both hard to detect and of no significance. Of course the RT is more powerful but it is heavier plus carrying my extra weight compared to hers and it punches a bigger hole in the air- but there no way it could leave her bike behind at any sane public road speeds.
Hope folks have the sense to try one for themselves and that you guys sell a boatload of them. It really is as good as noted by folks in the web threads and as you also note.

Have one from Roger that goes on another bike this coming weekend for some data logging, etc

Last edited by racer7; Nov 4th, 2013 at 8:18 pm.
post #7 of 7 Old Apr 6th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Installed on a 2008 BMW K1200S. Most impressive. Full review in the Review section of my blog.

My MC Blog: http://www.airheadmoto.com

Anybody have one of these installed on a cam head RT?

tsp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in