LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 2:05 am Thread Starter

2004 k1300gt purhcase

Hello
I have been reading information off of this site for a few days now
and am overloaded with the amount of useful information
thanks

I am looking at buying a 2004 k1200gt with 33,000kms
I was fortunate to be able to ride it through some of the best twisties in the Canadian rockies today. The owner who is selling rode his newer k1300gs, It was a blast and much more motorcycle then I could have imagined,and I have had 9. The engine was smooth and powerful, the suspension invited me to go faster and faster on the bends obsorbing any imperfections on the road and making me feel more secure than I thought I would on such a big bike. Anyhow enough about what a fantastic bike I felt under me
I have a couple of questions before I sign the cheque, and seek some advice

1) as the engine got hotter, (not the coolant) it felt as though it vibrated a lot when in 2nd then 1st gear when coming to a slow stop, the owner said it was the tires but they are new and it did not do it when the bike was cold

2) after a strong run the clutch was noisy when Idling, the noise went away when the clutch lever was squeezed

3) small bumps on the road seemed to echo a secondary clunk quickly after going over them even though no vibration, or impact was felt through the handle bars. I thought it might have been the kick stands but both were rubber mounted and I was unable to duplicate the sound when operating them.
Today was the first time the bike had been operated in over a year. brake pad dust on the wheels, and the smell of a hot exhaust was the only other things I noted. About 5 years of the bike's life it was in storage, It has a wider oem rear wheel, everything else is stock
Any useful tips before I take the plunge would be appreciated. I loved the bike so much that I was just going to say yes, but thought I would ask first
thanks

the closest BMW dealership is 10 hours away

thanks dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Sep 4th, 2012, 9:21 am

Re: 2004 k1300gt purhcase

This is the forum for the 2006 and up K1200GT. The 2004 model is completely different. Try this forum: http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

... or go to another website, such as k-bikes.com or i-bmw.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in