New k1200GT - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 3:02 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bikesnumbnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Telford, Shropshire, England
Posts: 351
New k1200GT

Picked up my MCN this morning and they have road tested the new GT.
They say after 130 miles they have got arse ache due to the seat , and they are knocking the price at 13,735 for the base model.
I personally think it,s over priced , and it,s not going to have any near the comfort of an LT, and with less toys fitted.
With this new model I thought the LT was basically finished ,but the LT is excellent value compared with the new GT
I don,t think bmw are going to sell many GT,s as the brick engine has proved it,s self and many riders out there prefer a tried and trusted product .
Just check out how many used K1200s are up for sale , with the new engine.
so ask your self why are they coming on to the second hand market so early?.
bikesnumbnuts

04 your 05 graphite in blighty
bikesnumbnuts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 3:19 pm
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,905
With all due respect, I think you're wrong. I think this GT is going to out-sell the last RS/GT by miles...and, I think it's going to out-sell the current RT.
messenger13 is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 3:43 pm
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesnumbnuts
Picked up my MCN this morning and they have road tested the new GT.
They say after 130 miles they have got arse ache due to the seat , and they are knocking the price at 13,735 for the base model.
I personally think it,s over priced , and it,s not going to have any near the comfort of an LT, and with less toys fitted.
With this new model I thought the LT was basically finished ,but the LT is excellent value compared with the new GT
I don,t think bmw are going to sell many GT,s as the brick engine has proved it,s self and many riders out there prefer a tried and trusted product .
Just check out how many used K1200s are up for sale , with the new engine.
so ask your self why are they coming on to the second hand market so early?.
bikesnumbnuts

04 your 05 graphite in blighty

I didn;t see the seat as a big issue, however what seat will fit every rider?

as far as it not selling well, go test ride one, I did, It will be a great seller and I _can_ see it taking the RT out of the sales running, but hey that's just my humble opinion. I'd buy one and just might soon.

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
tmgs is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 4:19 pm
Senior Member
 
zimbazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cedar Park, TX, USA
Posts: 300
Do you always believe what THEY say ? I have been looking for THEM for some time........There is not a replacement for the LT model and never will be !! This is the Best LUX-Tour made !! For those people waiting in line for a GT I cannot wait to blow their doors off on my stock LT!! Most wantbes cannot handle high speeds those ones with the flashing lights following me around town...never get into tripple digits
Hunting GTs for breakfast !!
Drop me a line when you find one.....
READY ..........................

Jeff Goodwin
Austin, Texas

"Life is a coin.
You can spend it anyway you wish,
but you can only spend it once."



zimbazi is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 4:23 pm
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,905
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbazi
For those people waiting in line for a GT I cannot wait to blow their doors off on my stock LT!! Most wantbes cannot handle high speeds those ones with the flashing lights following me around town...never get into tripple digits
Hunting GTs for breakfast !!
Drop me a line when you find one.....
READY ..........................
A sense of humor and two BIG brass ones! Nice!
messenger13 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 5:11 pm
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12
Smile I gotta a ride booked.

My test ride is booked for 21.03.06 at Rainbow.

I want a genuine tourer, not a sports bike that tours, so I am taking SWMBO with me to get the passengers viewpoint.

The GT will have to be good to beat our LT which we have run for two years now.

I will be glad to add my thoughts to this thread afterwards.

Dave Gill (gillboy)

2001 LTSE Toscana Green (aka Jolly Green Giant)
gillboy is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 2:53 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 1,033
Wow! Trying to compare a GT to an LT is like comparing an M3 to a 7 Series BMW car. If I want to do a 1000 K in a day, there is no contest, the LT wins by a mile. I am going to buy a GT, but it certainly will never be my big milage bike. I will use it to blast around the twisties at my weekend place in the mountains. Both bikes are going to be winners and I think there will be lots of demand for both. Ron
ronk1200lt is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 3:00 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 1,033
Wow! Trying to compare a GT to an LT is like comparing an M3 to a 7 Series BMW car. If I want to do a 1000 K in a day, there is no contest, the LT wins by a mile. I am going to buy a GT, but it certainly will never be my big milage bike. I will use it to blast around the twisties at my weekend place in the mountains. Both bikes are going to be winners and I think there will be lots of demand for both. Ron
ronk1200lt is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old Mar 26th, 2006, 12:09 am
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbazi
Do you always believe what THEY say ? I have been looking for THEM for some time........There is not a replacement for the LT model and never will be !! This is the Best LUX-Tour made !! For those people waiting in line for a GT I cannot wait to blow their doors off on my stock LT!! Most wantbes cannot handle high speeds those ones with the flashing lights following me around town...never get into tripple digits
Hunting GTs for breakfast !!
Drop me a line when you find one.....
READY ..........................

this was funny! I love someone with great humor!

Tom <g>

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
tmgs is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old Mar 26th, 2006, 12:12 am
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
Wow! Trying to compare a GT to an LT is like comparing an M3 to a 7 Series BMW car. If I want to do a 1000 K in a day, there is no contest, the LT wins by a mile. I am going to buy a GT, but it certainly will never be my big milage bike. I will use it to blast around the twisties at my weekend place in the mountains. Both bikes are going to be winners and I think there will be lots of demand for both. Ron
Ron i test rode the GT and I would have to disagree with you.
at least for me I think the GT will be a great bike to do 1000 mile days on, as far as the passenger well that is up to them not me, will they be quite as comfy as on the LT i don;t think so, but you never know heck i have seen two up cross country riders on some strange bikes the most popular being the GS model

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
tmgs is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMWMOA Spread on the new K1200GT eljeffe K1200/1300GT (The Next Generation) 19 Apr 8th, 2007 10:46 pm
Test Ride a next-gen BMW K1200GT eljeffe K1200/1300GT (The Next Generation) 1 Mar 19th, 2006 1:42 pm
Updated K1200GT Arrival Date eljeffe K1200/1300GT (The Next Generation) 0 Feb 4th, 2006 6:47 pm
Has Anyone Seen the New K1200GT? drhines K1200/1300GT (The Next Generation) 19 Dec 14th, 2005 1:44 am
New K1200GT to debut in US at Long Beach IMS eljeffe K1200/1300GT (The Next Generation) 1 Nov 17th, 2005 8:11 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome