I Want My New Gt Now - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old Mar 19th, 2006, 8:00 am Thread Starter

I Want My New Gt Now

Does anyone have any real info as to when I'll really gt my new gt???
My dealer (Who happens to be one of the biggest in the country) Can't give me a date. He also doesn't know if it will be called an 06 or an 07. I already got rid of the LT so i cant wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 1:01 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
My dealer claims May for the GT, though they don't say when in May.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 27 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 1:24 pm

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemoto
I already got rid of the LT so i cant wait.
I think that's called "putting the cart before the horse".

post #4 of 27 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 2:01 pm

I was told today that they were expecting the GT in June at Pittsburgh BMW

Mike in Pittsburgh

2000 K1200LT Canyon Red
1983 Honda GL650I Silverwing Interstate
post #5 of 27 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 2:15 pm
Bouncer

I think they are just "managing expectations". The first units, which are earmarked as demos, will be arriving the first of second week of May. The first retail units will be arriving 1-2 weeks later. I've talked to 7 dealerships. The all feel their first allocation is sold out, and their second allocation (to show up in late June/early July) is also sold out.

I've talked with 2 dealers (outside of Texas) that have 12 deposits each on the new GTs. The next highest are 2 dealers in Texas with deposits on 8 and 7 units respectively. The rest have at least 5 with deposits, and commitments on many others. It looks like this one is going to be a great seller!

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #6 of 27 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 8:24 pm Thread Starter

are they 06 or 07.
I get the first one hermys cycle in Pa. gets.
post #7 of 27 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 1:51 pm

Unless I am wrong, all BMW cycles are manufactured in Germany at a single plant facility. With the prolific numbers of models out and the limited plant capacity, coupled with an impending plant shutdown sometime in the summer months, I think getting a GT, unless you are very special, will be quite difficult in the year 2006. I expect discounting to be non-existent and high pent-up demand for this cycle. Hope y'all know someone or have been a very good customer!

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #8 of 27 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 2:57 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I know how hard it can be when you've got the fever. But remember, it wasn't very long ago that the new RT was generating the same sort of buzz. My dealer swore up and down that there would never be a surplus of those. All kinds of "there limiting supply now"..."no more deep discounts ever"...Blah, blah, blah...

Guess what? You need a machete to hack your way through the R1200RTs on his showroom floor right now.

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."
post #9 of 27 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 8:02 pm

Bought it!

My dealer, Sierra BMW, Reno, NV, called me today about my deposit on a GT. I put down $1k three months ago and am second on the list and first in line for a blue bike.

What he said for what I ordered:
Base price - $18.8k
Extras include
Adj suspension (I forget the exact name, EAS ?)
Heated seat
Heated grips
Taller shield
Alarm system
Computer
Cruise control
All these cost extra
My total price is $21.5k OTD - tax et all.. He IS giving me a $500 credit just because I belong to the local club, but I think any costomer might be able to get the same, so actually $20k.
He says the order will process in the first week of May and deliver the last week.
Now, I'm a Murphy and I fully believe in Murphy's Law. I have to be out of the country from June 5 to June 25, so I believe my bike will arrive June 6 - right?

I will be selling my 2002 K1200LTE in April. High book is $12.7k, so I'll only need around $9k - give or take, depending on sale price. (Probably need $2k more if the bike doesn't sell high, but it's the only LT for sale in Northern Nevada and one person is already interested and i haven't even washed it yet!)

Am I pumped? Well, you decide. I'm 61 years old, fat and slow and can't keep from rubbing my hands together or sit for long.

Hell, yes I want that bike!!!
post #10 of 27 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 8:28 pm

Quote: . . . Am I pumped? Well, you decide. I'm 61 years old, fat and slow and can't keep from rubbing my hands together or sit for long.

Hell, yes I want that bike!!!

Know how you feel. I have the first one on order in Daytona Beach (BMW) and can't wait. I'm 65 and eager as hell.

Good luck and Regards,
John

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #11 of 27 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 8:44 pm

I always wondered how the "other half" lived. Now I know.
post #12 of 27 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 8:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I always wondered how the "other half" lived. Now I know.
One insensitivity deserves another . . . it's not half, probably a lot less!

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #13 of 27 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 9:16 pm
Bouncer

Todd,

I don't think dealers had 7-8 paid deposits on R1200RTs when they came out. They only had 3-4 when the K1200S came out.

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #14 of 27 Old Mar 21st, 2006, 10:33 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
John,

Give me a call in about a year when you get tired of the GT. I'll be glad to take it off your hands then.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #15 of 27 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 7:40 pm Thread Starter

I had a on going problem with my lt ( the dreaded wobble) My dealer did everything to try to fix it with no luck. I think they all do it but i hated it so the dealer ( Hermy's BMW in Pa. ) took the bike back, is giving me a loner till the gt comes in plus i get the first gt he gets. Now that's a dealer who stands behind the products he sells. Anyway i can't F*****g wait. They still wont give me a firm date. Sometime in May they say. It seems like an eternity.
post #16 of 27 Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 7:51 pm

Exclamation Oy VEY!!!

[rant /ON]

The LT doesn't have "the dreaded wobble" problem. The LT does have a whining problem though. And it comes from customers like you. I wonder if you're going to find a "problem" with the GT as well. Wasting more of that "good dealer's" time and profits. And we wonder why these guys can't stay in business.

[rant /OFF]
post #17 of 27 Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 8:17 am Thread Starter

First of all a little background. I've been riding motorcycles since I'm 10. I'm now 45 so in my book I have a good 35 years of riding experience. Since I've started riding i have always had at least 2 bikes in the garage, As I'm writing this there are six bikes in my garage. Now i come from a lower middle class family and built my self a business where i can afford to have so many toys in my garage. I don't sit behind a desk and I work very hard for my money. In those 35 years I've probably had about 60 different motorcycles ranging from trails bikes, motocross bikes, enduro bikes, dual sport bikes, sport bikes , and touring bikes. I've owned 4 BMW's and street ride about 20.000 miles a year and then i still practice moto and trail riding to stay in shape.

The lt was the first bike i ever had a problem with. And you have all heard it before so i won't go into detail as to when and were the wobble is. The bottom line is the bike did it and to me was unsafe to ride. Maybe they all don't do it but for you to assume that MY bike didn't have a problem is wrong. You don't know me or my bike. And to be quite honest if all the Lt's had the wobble and everyone just excepted that then shame on you. There are many lt riders i have talked to who have the problem and some who don't but for you to accuse me of beating up my dealer and putting BMW out of business is a little harsh. I've sent numerous people to Hermy's for new bike sales and service work so not only do i stand behind my dealer but i am a loyal BMW fan, And besides if all the BMW's ride like MY lt road they should go out of business.

That said I've ordered my fifth BMW the new gt, I'm sticking with BMW because i know they can build a good bike. I know this because i never had a problem with my others ( except for the lt ). The dealer gave me a k1200r to ride and it is sweet.

As for you Mr. Messenger I would look into who your accusing of being a whiner before you do so. You going on this page and accusing a fellow riding Partner of being a whiner without knowing what my issues where is not sending a good Message

Now that i got that off my chest I'm going riding.

Last edited by mikemoto; Mar 23rd, 2006 at 8:30 am.
post #18 of 27 Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 2:28 pm

Go Ped

You still have your '02 Go Ped!

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #19 of 27 Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 3:32 pm Thread Starter

Runs like a champ, but has a little front end wobble.
post #20 of 27 Old Mar 26th, 2006, 10:00 am
fas

Smile wobble

My wife of 38 years has a sexy little wobble. I love her to pieces.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #21 of 27 Old Apr 8th, 2006, 11:00 am

if you wont you gt now

you can cume to israel end pic it up from me
post #22 of 27 Old Apr 8th, 2006, 5:39 pm
Premium Vendor

I just got got the spring flyer from my dealer in southern California. They have the K1200GT at $18,800 including prep and delivery costs. I called them and the story is :available 1st week of May. They are Irv Seaver in Orange ,Ca
post #23 of 27 Old Apr 13th, 2006, 8:04 pm Thread Starter

Anyone have any new info as to when the gt's will hit the dealers? My dealer still has no idea.
post #24 of 27 Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 2:51 pm
Bouncer

You're not alone...

http://motoadrenaline.blogspot.com/2...-want-one.html

-
post #25 of 27 Old May 4th, 2006, 1:45 pm

My dealer here in Ft. Myers, Florida has one on the floor since Monday they tell me. Saw it today when I went for parts, snaped a few quick shots, I still wouldn't trade my LT for it. You guys enjoy though. I just found the bike of my dreams in the LT and you're all still lookin' I guess. They said they sold 6 and have 5 coming in the next 2 months as allocation. Maybe if it was wrapped up like an LT I might like it better!

Brian A. Brodhead
God created all men, Samuel Colt made them equal

2005 BMW K1200LT Goldie goodtime plastic fm rock'n roamer
1975 Triumph T160 750 restored "Heather" For Sale
post #26 of 27 Old May 4th, 2006, 4:51 pm
fas

Cool new GT

It arrived at the dealer yesterday. I rode it today. Wow.

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #27 of 27 Old May 4th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Touring Sport in Greenville SC had one yesterday. It is in the early stages of being assembled. It was parked outside because the service area was full. Not a very attractive bike.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in