Switching on prob - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Dec 10th, 2011, 2:12 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Switching on prob

Went to the K12GT yesterday, not used it for probably 2 weeks.

It's permanently plugged into the BMW battery charger and it has an Odyssey fitted, and a "battery bug"

BB-SBM12-PS Battery Bug Battery Monitor :: Argus Analyzers

http://www.argusanalyzers.com/batter...analyzers.html

so I'm confident the batteries fine.

Anyway, switched it on and the OBC flashed up for a second or so then went off, and nothing, no response to anything electrical.

Tried a few times, same result.

Tried manually turning the alarm on and off with the remote.

Still the same ignition wise.

Just about to disconnect the battery to reset all it's on board systems when it all just started working again. It's been fine so far since

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think it's a ring antenna issue as I understand with that problem it displays EWS in the instruments? This was, after the brief flash of the obc display completely dead.

I understand the bikes canbus puts them into a deep sleep mode when not used for a while to protect the battery, is it likely this was what it was and it was taking a while to wake up

Reported it to my dealer and they said it sounds like a duff ignition switch and it's a simple fit that can be done by me at home, however I'm fairly sure it's not because once it's "woken" up it works fine until it's been standing a as yet undeterimed time when it goes into "I don't want to wake up" mode. Cycling the alarm with the remote seems to help it "wake" up but I don't know if that's definitive.

--
Steve Parry
Current fleet is
14 BMW R1200RT LE
07 BMW K1200GT SE
03 BMW R1100S BoxerCup
14 BMW F800GS
87 BMW R80RS
... oh and the 330Ci for suit days
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in