Passenger Position - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Sep 20th, 2010, 7:30 pm Thread Starter

Passenger Position

I really like my 1300GT but my wife just does not like the passenger position. Just uncomfortable on the back and the feet position. Has me thinking about the 1600GTL but would rather figure out a fix for the 1300. Any one have the same issues and found a solution. No, trading in the wife is not an option.
Thanks
Don S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Sep 20th, 2010, 9:03 pm

Re: Passenger Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmith59
I really like my 1300GT but my wife just does not like the passenger position. Just uncomfortable on the back and the feet position. Has me thinking about the 1600GTL but would rather figure out a fix for the 1300. Any one have the same issues and found a solution. No, trading in the wife is not an option.
Thanks
Don S
Had the same problem. Installed Suburban peg lowering kits, sheepskin pad on seat and switched from 49L box, which she found to be too upright and without sufficient lower back support to 28L box without pad. At that point riding became bearable, if not pleasurable. Then she sat on a Goldwing and that ended up being the ultimate solution. Given that we have had ongoing trouble with the K13GT (more than 10 weeks off the road this year -- currently on week 5 of its latest issue), I bought the Wing and will sell the KGT if and when it comes back from dealer service.
post #3 of 5 Old Sep 20th, 2010, 9:28 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I didn't know that Suburban made passenger foot peg relo kits. Also have a friend with a 28L box that I could try. Will not try the Wing.
Thanks again
Don S

post #4 of 5 Old Sep 20th, 2010, 9:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmith59
Thanks for the input. I didn't know that Suburban made passenger foot peg relo kits. Also have a friend with a 28L box that I could try. Will not try the Wing.
Thanks again
Don S
Certainly. And for your own good, don not under any circumstance sit on or test ride a Wing. And more important, do not let your wife sit on one.

I had no real interest in a Wing because of the "stereotype", but under prodding by a salesman, did just that and was amazed. Low center of gravity, a smooth, torque monster motor and handling that belies its weight. Plus Honda reliablity (something BMW deperately needs to regain).

BTW, here's link to Suburban pegs:

http://www.suburban-machinery.com/K12GTPass.html
post #5 of 5 Old Sep 20th, 2010, 10:02 pm Thread Starter

I understand where you are coming from-Honda is quality whether it is a lawn mower, generator, bike or car. The Wing and the LT are just too big for our purposes.
Thanks
Don S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in