Oneal Tirade Blue Tooth helmet - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jun 29th, 2010, 2:19 pm Thread Starter
SRM

Oneal Tirade Blue Tooth helmet

Hi All,

On Saturday I purchased an Oneal 'Tirade' blue tooth - I've been searching for a helmet with BT 2.1 technology and have had several discussions with Oneal customer service on this newest helmet and thought I would give it a try......

Ultimately, I've always wanted a helmet that would allow me to use my cell, GPS, and mp3 players while on the road -- without straining to hear the music/conversation - my ideal would be to have a 'noise cancelling' helmet, or at least a level of clarity in voice/sound comparable that enjoyed in 'good' car environment.... maybe I'm asking to much - maybe not...

My first observation of the 'Tirade' helmet is that the 'fit', for me, is very good; however, it seems a bit noisy. My Shoei helmet is much quieter and does not have as much wind noise. Part of this is also due to my new bike - K1200GT - I have ordered a new screen and understand that there is a lot of noise the new screen will cancel -- I hope so.

I'll post more as I begin to use this helmet more; additionally, I did have a phone conversation this morning with my girlfriend who was talking to me on her cell (in conference mode - while running on a treadmill!!) - I had my earplugs in and was doing ~45/50 in town traffic - and was still able to have a reasonable conversation. I understand that my transmission was very clear!

My next tests will involve using an mp3 player/ipod via BT and then helmet/helmet - will also see if the 'Tirade' will connect to my buddies Interphone F4 -- and more details about the helmet itself.

-Stephen

Stephen Malm
'07 GT - Blue Tooth
'03 LT - Silver Bullet
'85 HD Sportster - junk
'84 Suzook GSX 1100 EF
2 many dirt bikes to mention
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prisoner of the white lines on the freeway.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jun 29th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Re: Oneal Tirade Blue Tooth helmet

Kewl... hope ya love it!

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in