Happy Fathers Day - To me with a GT! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 8:42 am Thread Starter
SRM

Talking Happy Fathers Day - To me with a GT!

I celebrated Fathers Day yesterday by turning in the '03 Silver Bullet LT - for a '07 K1200 GT with 1600 miles!

After we got flat on the price and what I wanted for my old LT, I asked about extended warranty for the GT -- the dealer couldn't locate the details on when the warranty would expire - but it would be soon as it was purchased in '07.... It's after closing time by now and they're trying to get into the warranty system - I start checking the bike documents -- and VOILA! the previous owner had purchased the extended warranty!! $40 and the warranty is transferred to me

I loved my old LT - I had some trips to Wyoming/Montanna that I'll never forget and I'm very anxious to get back on the road with this new ROCKET!!! Man, what power!!!

Okay - so I have a few coins left over --- any good farkle suggestions??? I think 'pups' are definite requirement - my hands are way to big for these grips....

Happy Fathers Day!

Stephen

Stephen Malm
'07 GT - Blue Tooth
'03 LT - Silver Bullet
'85 HD Sportster - junk
'84 Suzook GSX 1100 EF
2 many dirt bikes to mention
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prisoner of the white lines on the freeway.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 9:26 am

Re: Happy Fathers Day - To me with a GT!

Congrats! I enjoyed both my LT and GT. There's just nothing like the first few weeks of new bike ownership. Go for a ride, then park it somewhere and stare at it like a little kid.
post #3 of 6 Old Jun 20th, 2010, 11:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13_ver2
Congrats! I enjoyed both my LT and GT. There's just nothing like the first few weeks of new bike ownership. Go for a ride, then park it somewhere and stare at it like a little kid.

Gosh, do you have to say it like that...it makes me feel immature.

Wade
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 K-1200LT
82 Yamaha Virago (Girl of my youth)

"No one knows as much as all of us do." --General George Patton

post #4 of 6 Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 1:13 pm

It's a great feeling isn't it? I got my 2010 1300 GT a week ago last Saturday and I haven't stopped smiling since. My wife was good to me and let me keep the RT and LT as well. She figured they were paid for and it was costing hardly anything to keep them in the garage. When I got home with it she asked how I liked the GT. I told her I liked it fine and she said "Happy Father's Day." So I retorted with "So does this mean I'm NOT getting an iPod?" Funny, women don't seem to have that great a sense of humor.

I'm looking forward to putting lots of miles on it. Although I did have to put it in the shop this week while I'm out of town to fix the already bad cruise control switch. Oh well, it is mechanical and thing will break from time to time. Still prefer the old switch gear like on the RT and LT though. Not too crazy about the mirrors either. But that motor sure does make me forget about those two minor irritants.
post #5 of 6 Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 2:31 pm Thread Starter
SRM

Awesome - RT/LT &GT - you're my hero!

Rode the new GT into work today - beautiful ride through the California foothills - and I've also got a 'bug' with the disk pad light staying on, but as you say, it's mechanical and will get sorted out and you're right - that big motor sure makes up for a lot of the small complaints I have - which really aren't that many.... Getting my new windscreen on Friday - looking forward to that and also planning on a Rick Meyer seat...

Stephen Malm
'07 GT - Blue Tooth
'03 LT - Silver Bullet
'85 HD Sportster - junk
'84 Suzook GSX 1100 EF
2 many dirt bikes to mention

Prisoner of the white lines on the freeway.....
post #6 of 6 Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 8:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM
Awesome - RT/LT &GT - you're my hero!

Thanks! Actually I guess my wife would be the hero in this case. I'm pretty lucky to have a woman that allows me to pursue my motorcycle addiction.

. Getting my new windscreen on Friday - looking forward to that and also planning on a Rick Meyer seat...
Let us know your thoughts on the new windscreen. I don't dislike the stock one, but I could always go for something a bit quieter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in