FYI - Adventurin Silver paint code. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 13th, 2009, 6:26 pm Thread Starter

FYI - Adventurin Silver paint code.

The code under the seat of the bike is N19. This is not the paint code for the 2008 Adventurin Silver GT. It's the "style code" which identifies the package for the bike. The BMW paint code is S-58. If your body shop cannot find the formula, I have it and will send it to you. The code is patented by the paint company and has Proprietary Property warnings all over it, so I don't think I can publicly post the paint brand, but here is the formula to make 8 oz of paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 BMW Adventurin Silver Paint Code0001.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	23032  

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old May 14th, 2009, 12:54 am
Super Moderator

Re: FYI - Adventurin Silver paint code.

Hmm, I would think having the recipe for a highly proprietary paint formula posted in a public forum would piss them off more than having their brand exposed. But hey, that's just me.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #3 of 4 Old May 14th, 2009, 4:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Hmm, I would think having the recipe for a highly proprietary paint formula posted in a public forum would piss them off more than having their brand exposed. But hey, that's just me.
FWIW - in my industry (automotive collision repair) if you have a paint color code then you can get a formula...........and it could be from ANY of the 5 (or so) major paint manufactures that supply the factories, and VOILA !! you have paint.

Years ago I tried to get a formula for a Yamaha FJ1100 (my roomie laid his down) and I was able to get everything but the info on the pearl toner. As there were only about a dozen pearl toners out at the time all you had to do was look at the bottle and pick the right color.

If you have a good paint jobber in town (with current manufacturer support) then NOTHING is impossible........except for the mess we are currently in with the new "environmentally friendly" waterbased toners...... ...DAMHIK

that's my tuppence

Bruce
2009 R1200RT Biarritz Blue

Life is short....Live it - Love it

post #4 of 4 Old May 14th, 2009, 9:03 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkus
FWIW - in my industry (automotive collision repair) if you have a paint color code then you can get a formula...........and it could be from ANY of the 5 (or so) major paint manufactures that supply the factories, and VOILA !! you have paint.

Years ago I tried to get a formula for a Yamaha FJ1100 (my roomie laid his down) and I was able to get everything but the info on the pearl toner. As there were only about a dozen pearl toners out at the time all you had to do was look at the bottle and pick the right color.

If you have a good paint jobber in town (with current manufacturer support) then NOTHING is impossible........except for the mess we are currently in with the new "environmentally friendly" waterbased toners...... ...DAMHIK

that's my tuppence
That's what I thought, so I didn't think it was a big deal. The important things is that the code under the seat is not the paint code but the style code. The paint code for Adventurin Silver is S-58, not N19 as posted under the seat.

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in