First Ride '08 GT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Feb 18th, 2009, 8:40 pm Thread Starter

First Ride '08 GT

A Glorious Day! Warm sun and 58 degrees greeted the arrival of my new toy. After the usual “getting to know you” fiddling and fondling, caressing and eyeballing, I grabbed my helmet, warmed ‘er up, and went for a spin ’round the neighborhood.

It surprising how many neighbors you suddenly see staring as you glide by their house on a bike rather than in a car. Their expressions are priceless - I was grinning like mad fool inside my helmet all the way. I enjoyed the new bike smell all day in my garage. Ahhhh!

I did notice that this bike has a real issue with holding a steady RPM just off idle. It’s just a little jumpy, and it's hard to transition slow speed maneuvers using the throttle deftly. Even with a very even hand, it rewards you with a bit of a jerk, a burble, and every so often, nothing - just well behaved. It does seem to settle down once the tach swings above 2500 to 3000. I'm hoping and praying that this little issue resolves itself once break in is well underway - but in the back of my mind are all the stories of air box nightmares and software fixes of posting of yore.

I'll send out a pic in a couple of days. Oh, and the color, Adenturine Silver Metallic - a true BMW classic color that looks terrific, and does not show every fleck of dust as the blue / black bikes often do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Feb 19th, 2009, 7:26 am

Re: First Ride '08 GT

Well Pal...you'll just grow to love this bike more and more! The "jerkiness" that you are experiencing will decrease a LOT as you learn the bike and get better at throttle transitions. After a while, it will become almost non-existent.

Due to an unrelated failure/repair, I had new software installed on my bike and now EVERY "jerk" is gone...transitions are VERY smooth...BUT the power overall has been lessened and I wish I had the old software back. I had adapted my right wrist to the bike and loved that "full-on" power with the old software. Glad to see your post, and hope you enjoy her! By the way...you look a lot younger on that GT!!!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in