BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

More Problems with the 2008 GT

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  grifscoots 
#1 ·
At about 10,300 miles the GT started idling high. The dealer put in a new Airbox and updated the softwear. Put about 250 miles on it last weekend and it just seemed to idle a little off, not dropping the RPMS quick enough. Then I took it on a night ride and the idle hung up at around 1,800 to 2,000 RPM then would surge to 3,000. My poor wife was sliding forward and back in the rear seat all the way home....back into the dealer to see if they can find the little gremlins that are causing this.......anyone else had similar issues, maybe I can give the dealer a heads up on fixing it......

#8 ·
meese said:
Nah, he's just moderating over there to keep the rice-burning riff-raff away. :D

Dohhhhhh!

#10 ·
Randy said:
That is a nationist statement - I thought you were more inclusive than that :rotf:
No, uh, Grif's doing it, uh, I'm merely pointing it out . . . [Emily Litella]Oh, never mind[/Emily Litella]. :D

#15 ·
grifscoots said:
Rif Raf from the Rocky Horror Picture Show? Sheesh. I wanted to be Meatloaf.
That's OK, Grif, we all have those dreams that we just know ain't never gonna happen. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.