BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

No valve adjustment needed at 26K miles!

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Niall 
#1 ·
Got the 24K service done a little late (just shy of 26K), and my tech said that the valves were fine. In fact, he recommended that I skip the valve check, but we did it anyway. All checked out OK.

#2 ·
Joe...just wondering. Did you actually see him check the valves. I think it is encouraging to see the next gen engine staying within specs at that mileage, but I also know that some mechanics will "duck out" on the hard stuff. just wondering.

#3 ·
See, it's perfect so there's no need to sell it! Come on Joe, it's the universe telling you to keep the bike. :D

But a GS would be mighty sweet...

#4 ·
I can NOT believe that YOU are thinking about selling your GT!!! JOE are you ok? Muchacho!!! are you thinking on a new GT??? or going back to an LT? I missed other treads of your reason, sorry but this frickme out :brick: :eek:

#5 ·
I read the other tread and I think that you are LOCO but good luck with your decision. Make sure that you have no regrates later. Good Luck and think it twice, I bought mine because of you!!! Let us know,

#10 ·
Big balla Joe! Adjustin' valves and sellin' GT's!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.