Update on "I give up" - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 6:54 am Thread Starter

Update on "I give up"

Put some miles on the GT yesterday...went to Woodson BMW in Fort Wayne, In. just to find out that the LT they said I would be able to test ride was sold. I called Grand Rapids BMW (a CCR donator BTW) and spoke with Blaine (the owner). He said that he had an '08 and a '09 and a demo that I could take for a ride. So my buddy and I mounted up at 12:30 est and ran for Grand Rapids, Mi. Ran into quite a rain storm and arrived at the dealership about 2:30 est. Blaine greeted me and told me of the bikes that were available and asked what my intensions were. I told him of my dilemma and he said take the demo for a ride and see what I thought...

"Freedom from pain and like being with an old friend", were my thoughts as I rode around for about an hour. When I returned, we sat down and hammered out a deal that was painful but do-able. I ended up keeping the GT (on consignment there) and riding home on a new 2008 K1200LT.

So if anyone is interested in purchasing a well farkled Crystal Grey 2007 GT, contact Grand Rapids BMW http://www.bmwmcgr.com/ or call @ 616-530-6900 and ask for either Blaine or Andy. Don't forget to mention that you are from this site.

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
~Author Unknown~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'18 K1600 BGA (Yet to be named)
'16 Goldwing F6B (Traded)
'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 7:26 am

Re: Update on "I give up"

Good for you Woody. Congrats!
post #3 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 7:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberBiker

"Freedom from pain and like being with an old friend", were my thoughts as I rode around for about an hour.
And that's exactly the way it's supposed to be! Congrats on the new LT!

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #4 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 8:47 am

Oh man, Woody - I just love to hear them "got-r-done" stories from folks like yourself. You've been thru some pretty tough "gittin'-r-done" phases since I've known you and you always seem to do it right. Best blessings on your new ride - ride it safe and snap a pic or two.
post #5 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 9:29 am Thread Starter

Thanks guys...I have a pic from the dealer website but more pics will be forth coming.

I do have a few questions about the Lady though.

1. Are the clear Alternative signal covers still the same? I spotted some on e-bay but they say they fit '99 - '05. Did the covers stay the same or are they different dimensions now?

2. Will the J&M cords work with the BMW Voice system? The bike came with the intercom but no interface cabling. Just wondering if the J&M stuff works with the Voice II connections.

3. Anyone that wants to clear out some of their farkles that are left over, let me know...I'll be needing some.

Good to be riding again without the shoulder pain and let me tell ya...it's like being back with and old friend!

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

~Author Unknown~

'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #6 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 9:38 am

Very happy for you.

Am in similar, but not as dramatic situation myself. SBs will be here in a few days. Going to give them a try. Hopefully, that will do the trick.

If not...well...I'm not there yet, so hoping for the best.

Enjoy your new ride. She's a beauty.
post #7 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Quote:
Thanks guys...I have a pic from the dealer website but more pics will be forth coming.

1. Are the clear Alternative signal covers still the same? I spotted some on e-bay but they say they fit '99 - '05. Did the covers stay the same or are they different dimensions now?

2. Will the J&M cords work with the BMW Voice system? The bike came with the intercom but no interface cabling. Just wondering if the J&M stuff works with the Voice II connections.

3. Anyone that wants to clear out some of their farkles that are left over, let me know...I'll be needing some.

Good to be riding again without the shoulder pain and let me tell ya...it's like being back with and old friend!

I have some like very new (used once) Cee Bailey bag liners. Make me a good offer. I also have a used but in good shape cover for a LT price is one cup of coffee.

Glad to see you are not in pain, bet you are smiling again.

Jim
MSF Rider Coach

Haverhill, MA
66 R50/2
92 R100R
07 Silver KGT
post #8 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Quote:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Need to get a list together!!!

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)
post #9 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Quote:
and let me tell ya...it's like being back with and old friend!
I dunno, if your old friends are like my old friends, and I know they are.....

Bud, it makes my heart swell to know you done good, especially after the day I've had.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #10 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
I dunno, if your old friends are like my old friends, and I know they are.....

Bud, it makes my heart swell to know you done good, especially after the day I've had.
Momentary hijack, Woody!!

Hey, Grif - I'll trade you my yestiday for your today!!!!
post #11 of 25 Old May 8th, 2008, 4:45 pm
Super Moderator

Quote:

Yes to # 1 and 2. Sorry on #3, all my farkles went with my LT when I sold it.

And congrats, I'm glad you're a happy biker again!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #12 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 7:33 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry to hear about you bad day Grif. At least you do know that this too will pass

I don't know if I can get the J&M cords any cheaper but I'll look into it. The Clear Alternative signal covers will get ordered today. Now to find some rider lowering blocks and some riders floor boards that I know someone has laying around...

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

~Author Unknown~

'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #13 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 7:38 am Thread Starter

Hey Steve,

I put them on my GT and it helped. I was balking at the idea, but nothing else was working. Good luck and I hope this is the solution for you. The GT is a great bike...just not my style of ergonomics but I sure wish I could have made it work.

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

~Author Unknown~

'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #14 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

And ifn you have to give up a GT to ride an LT ...

it better be a BLACK ONE!!!

post #15 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 9:06 am

Quote:
Hey Steve,

I put them on my GT and it helped. I was balking at the idea, but nothing else was working. Good luck and I hope this is the solution for you. The GT is a great bike...just not my style of ergonomics but I sure wish I could have made it work.
Woody,

Good to know they provided some relief, sorry it just wasn't enough for you.

I'm going to give them a try, and hopefully they are just what I need.

As I said, the discomfort is not unbearable, but just enough to take the make the ride less enjoyable (from a comfort level) than it ought to be.

At present, I can not imagine any trip longer than 100 miles, and that ain't right!

When I had the LT, 200-300 mile trips for a loaf of bread were the norm, but as you know the LT is one hefty lady. I do a lot of in town riding, and although slow speeds were never a problem, it was a lot of bike to twist and turn through city streets. The GT is a dream in that regard.

So, we'll see, but I'm hopeful the SB will do the trick.
post #16 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 11:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Momentary hijack, Woody!!

Hey, Grif - I'll trade you my yestiday for your today!!!!
OK, done deal.

Today, Texas Mutual has cancelled my Workers' Comp and wants to put me in prison for insurance fraud.

They think I still own a company that I owned in 2004, even though I don't and can prove it. Sigh. It's not that big a deal, but it's gonna cost me in lawyer expenses.

Still wanna trade?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #17 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Quote:
OK, done deal.

Today, Texas Mutual has cancelled my Workers' Comp and wants to put me in prison for insurance fraud.

They think I still own a company that I owned in 2004, even though I don't and can prove it. Sigh. It's not that big a deal, but it's gonna cost me in lawyer expenses.

Still wanna trade?
Hey, I thought you had that TM gal figgered out?! Heck, come on by *$$ on any given Friday and you can sign up with George (a lawyer from Dallas); he's Monte's buddy, and can gitcha off the hook for just a pile of green and a date with that TM gal!!!! He's tough and he's mean (has had only one date in the last 10 years - he's real mean!!! ).
post #18 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Hey, I thought you had that TM gal figgered out?! Heck, come on by *$$ on any given Friday and you can sign up with George (a lawyer from Dallas); he's Monte's buddy, and can gitcha off the hook for just a pile of green and a date with that TM gal!!!! He's tough and he's mean (has had only one date in the last 10 years - he's real mean!!! ).
I've met George and he's a moron

-=grif=-

Grok
post #19 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Smile Re: Update on "I give up"

I think he is Dick's buddy. I never met the SOB til Dick introduced him!! He damn sure is not my buddy.

Monte
Kerrville
post #20 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 3:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by monmon2
I think he is Dick's buddy. I never met the SOB til Dick introduced him!! He damn sure is not my buddy.

Monte
Kerrville
Well hell, the way Dick tells it.....

-=grif=-

Grok
post #21 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by monmon2

Monte
Kerrville
Well, damn - I figgered since you two have a group hug every Friday morn, and play paper, scissors, rock to see who gets to buy, he's gotta be your best bud.
post #22 of 25 Old May 9th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Quote:
I've met George and he's a moron
Hey, he may be. Butt - he knows how to beat his best bud at paper, scissors, rock!!!!
post #23 of 25 Old May 10th, 2008, 7:12 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
And ifn you have to give up a GT to ride an LT ...
it better be a BLACK ONE!!!

Well Hell yeah!!!

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

~Author Unknown~

'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #24 of 25 Old May 10th, 2008, 7:27 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefeb
Woody,

Good to know they provided some relief, sorry it just wasn't enough for you.

I'm going to give them a try, and hopefully they are just what I need.

As I said, the discomfort is not unbearable, but just enough to take the make the ride less enjoyable (from a comfort level) than it ought to be.

At present, I can not imagine any trip longer than 100 miles, and that ain't right!

When I had the LT, 200-300 mile trips for a loaf of bread were the norm, but as you know the LT is one hefty lady. I do a lot of in town riding, and although slow speeds were never a problem, it was a lot of bike to twist and turn through city streets. The GT is a dream in that regard.

So, we'll see, but I'm hopeful the SB will do the trick.
I hear ya on the comfort. I went for a very short jaunt last night and arrived PAIN FREE!!! What a pleasure to just be able to ride and not have to adjust myself in the saddle every 5 minutes just to alleviate the pain in the shoulder.

Good luck with your attempt to make the bike "fit" you. There are ways but, for me, the adjustment required a bit of cash and change of bike. I still wish I could have made the darn GT "fit" me but that just wasn't in the grand scheme. Oh well...it's only money right? They keep makin' the stuff! Now to start all over Accessorizing the LT....I need stuff...and allot 'MO MONEY!

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

~Author Unknown~

'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #25 of 25 Old May 11th, 2008, 8:52 am

Hey Woody,
Glad you no longer a pain! OOPS, I ment to say "IN" pain.

Congratulations on the new ride.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in