Looking for a clymer for a 2007 K1200GT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:34 am Thread Starter

Looking for a clymer for a 2007 K1200GT

I was reading in another thread about using a clymer manual to help with work on the bike. I used the dealer CD this last weekend, and it left something to be desired. It's not that easy to follow, and while it got me in the ball park of the air filter and what to look for, I didn't find it very detailed. Maybe the dealer techs are just more up on things.

So, where can I find a clymer for a 2007 K1200GT? The ones I've found stop at 2005. Is there no "next gen" version yet?

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:48 pm

Re: Looking for a clymer for a 2007 K1200GT

No, there aren't. We just kind of suffer along doing the trial and error thang and using that real confusing RepRom. I'd love to have a manual in my hands, too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 1:24 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Grif.

BTW, I looked for the howto on k-bikes.com that you suggested for replacing the air filter and couldn't find one. I don't know if I looked in the wrong place, bit I figured it out.

But, since I had the panels off (left, right, top, I didn't know what I was doing when I started), I thought I may as well farkelize some more. I don't know when it'll be ridable again.

When a government takes over a people’s economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs.
- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 5:42 pm

Well, you were looking for air filter and I have it under the Stebel horn.

I know.

I pulled the air filter when doing the horn. Bad excuse, but the only one I have.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 7:37 pm Thread Starter

Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something that might be a great future resource. The Stebel install information was very helpful. I would've had a hard time finding the OEM horn control wire without it.

- Maxwell Anderson

Bob
2007 K1200GT
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 5:42 am

I made an effort to contact Clymer and Haynes to ask them to publish manuals for the 2006+ K1200GT.

Clymer responded to thank me for my input. They also described the complexities of creating a manual - which includes buying an example motorcycle and doing a complete and systematic teardown.

If enough people write, perhaps it will encourage them. Honestly, considering the serial numbers and assumed production counts that I've seen for K1200GTs on these forums, it is hard to imagine how the relatively low number of Clymer manual sales could cover their costs for the K1200GT that they would need for the teardown photos.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in