Esa Stop Respoding When Upgrade To Cip 11.1 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Mar 20th, 2008, 8:59 am Thread Starter

Esa Stop Respoding When Upgrade To Cip 11.1

Hello, i am a new member in this forum.I leave in greece so sorry for my poor english.

Yesterday i went to bmw dealer for a problem that i had with brake pad indicator.
They change the brake pads under warranty and also upgrade the ECU to CIP 11.1.
When i left from dealer and try to change load setting for preload of spring with ESA i noticed that when i change from one person to two person whereas usually it was flashing the helmet about 10 times this time it only flash only 4 times.When try again to change at ne person setting it's only flash 3 times.

Today when i try again to change again the setting of ESA it stop responding and the only Setting that i can change now is for shock absorbers (sport,normal,comfort).

I went again to dealer and after two hours search with the diagnostic computer they said to me that they can't do nothing because the problem is probable a bug CIP 11.1.
They have spoken with the manufacture at Germany about the problem and now i am waiting with broken ESA, the BMW manufacture to solve the problem, nobodies knows when!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Mar 20th, 2008, 10:24 am

Re: Esa Stop Respoding When Upgrade To Cip 11.1

Wow! What a bummer! Unfortunately, you cannot go back to an older version once you upgrade, even if there are bugs. That really sucks. I hope BMW releases a new version for you soon.
post #3 of 8 Old Mar 20th, 2008, 1:35 pm Thread Starter

Yes i hope so not only for my but for anyone else that unfortunally go to do upgrade to his bike and have the same problem.
I think that in few years the bikes and the cars will be like windows, after a period of use they will be stuck and want restart or even worse format

post #4 of 8 Old Mar 20th, 2008, 5:18 pm
fas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOUMPIS
Hello, i am a new member in this forum.I leave in greece so sorry for my poor english.

Yesterday i went to bmw dealer for a problem that i had with brake pad indicator.
They change the brake pads under warranty and also upgrade the ECU to CIP 11.1.
When i left from dealer and try to change load setting for preload of spring with ESA i noticed that when i change from one person to two person whereas usually it was flashing the helmet about 10 times this time it only flash only 4 times.When try again to change at ne person setting it's only flash 3 times.

Today when i try again to change again the setting of ESA it stop responding and the only Setting that i can change now is for shock absorbers (sport,normal,comfort).

I went again to dealer and after two hours search with the diagnostic computer they said to me that they can't do nothing because the problem is probable a bug CIP 11.1.
They have spoken with the manufacture at Germany about the problem and now i am waiting with broken ESA, the BMW manufacture to solve the problem, nobodies knows when!

Maybe the software is Greek to them?

Thanks for letting us know.

Rob Nelson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.
post #5 of 8 Old Mar 21st, 2008, 2:29 pm

Some times mine can be stubborn I have to press and hold the button just right and it works. Some days I just cannot get it?! At that point I cycle the ignition and try again and presto it's working.

Jim
MSF Rider Coach

Haverhill, MA
66 R50/2
92 R100R
07 Silver KGT
post #6 of 8 Old Mar 21st, 2008, 3:00 pm Thread Starter

No it have stopped for sure!
post #7 of 8 Old Mar 25th, 2008, 12:25 am

Thumbs up A Bit of Bright News

I got my airbox changed and the new 11.0 software installed last week. I have been able to get in about 200 miles since then. Everything that the change was supposed to do is working so far. No high idles, no BBS, and the hesitation is gone. Haven't run a dedicated tank thru since the new airbox yet to check if any MPG changes.
As for the ESA problem, I actually had time, so I sent a copy of the original post here about the ESA concern to the shop before I picked up my bike. They ran it thru its paces and on the computer and everything checked out. I checked it myself as soon as I got it and it was, and is, still working as it should.
I do not know if there is an 11.1 as in the original post, but I confirmed that mine was 11.0. The dealer indicated that that is all they have been notified of so far, but typically Europe tends to get things before we do in the U.S.

06 GT "MitchRider" 55,XXX Miles of Smiles!
02 LT Semi-Retired & 155,XXX Miles of Great Memories
BBG, B2B, 100CCC, Four Corners, SS3000, SS5000

"Part of getting older is that you spend less time waiting for things and realize that road time is finite; one starts to relish every ride, every day now as a gift."
post #8 of 8 Old Mar 25th, 2008, 8:20 pm
fas

Talking Re: A Bit of Bright News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_Rider
I got my airbox changed and the new 11.0 software installed last week. I have been able to get in about 200 miles since then. Everything that the change was supposed to do is working so far. No high idles, no BBS, and the hesitation is gone. Haven't run a dedicated tank thru since the new airbox yet to check if any MPG changes.
As for the ESA problem, I actually had time, so I sent a copy of the original post here about the ESA concern to the shop before I picked up my bike. They ran it thru its paces and on the computer and everything checked out. I checked it myself as soon as I got it and it was, and is, still working as it should.
I do not know if there is an 11.1 as in the original post, but I confirmed that mine was 11.0. The dealer indicated that that is all they have been notified of so far, but typically Europe tends to get things before we do in the U.S.
Jeff,

Thanks for making this post. My GT has been flawless so far. Except the darn tires wore out....

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in