GT Front Wheel Removal - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 2:26 pm Thread Starter

GT Front Wheel Removal

I have an '07 K1200GT. I am going to put some new tires on it soon but noticed that i may need a specialty wrench just to get the front axle loose. On the right side of the bike...looks like it would use an REALLY large Allen Wrench. ANybody got any information or substitute tools for doing this?

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 2:51 pm

I'll post the "How To" in a few minutes (w/ pics). It's easier and cheaper than you're thinking.
post #3 of 8 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 2:53 pm
Lifetime Supporter

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...l--614662.html

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."

post #4 of 8 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Exclamation Front wheel removal

Here's a link to a post of mine from awhile back. CLICK for enlightenment
post #5 of 8 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 3:17 pm

And Jack, if you're using a PitBull stand to hold the front end up, take it down before you torque the calipers. A "friend" had his fall off. The bike never fell over, but it startled the goat snot out of my "friend".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
post #6 of 8 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 7:01 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
And Jack, if you're using a PitBull stand to hold the front end up, take it down before you torque the calipers. A "friend" had his fall off. The bike never fell over, but it startled the goat snot out of my "friend".

Well now, that's a good thing to know. Reminds me of the night my neighbor across the street rang my doorbell. He was standing at the door with blood running down his foreheadasking me if I had any Jack Stands. I said, "Sure..what's with the blood." Oh, he says, "Nothing much, I was just jacking up my work truck and it fell off the jack when I was under it and bumped me in the head. Thought I better use some stands."

Man...my son and me laughed about that for weeks...still do! What an idiot! Just about got killed and didn't even know it. God looks out for stupid people.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 8 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Kinda like the ol' boys who pull a hydraulic line off a backhoe or front end loader, with the bucket in the air for easier access.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #8 of 8 Old Jan 18th, 2008, 10:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Kinda like the ol' boys who pull a hydraulic line off a backhoe or front end loader, with the bucket in the air for easier access.
OUCH - that's gonna hurt

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in