How To Wheelie - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 2:41 pm Thread Starter

How To Wheelie

Check out this video on how to wheelie. Simple and basic stuff, I know, but very practical. And it is FUN to do on a GT! Mine will ride one a LONG way!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqqVJmsF6...elated&search=

Anyone else out there ever wheelie yours?

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 2:58 pm

on the test drive...

On my test ride of the '07 GT, going about 20-25 mph on a side road, I cranked it wide open to see how it felt. Front wheel came up. I bought one the next day. :-)
post #3 of 63 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 3:03 pm
fas

No thanks.

Rob Nelson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.

post #4 of 63 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 7:33 pm

I've done wheelies in 1st, 2nd, and third! Not that I "ride" them. But I do like getting the front wheel off the ground. Gives you that real "launched" feel.
post #5 of 63 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 9:36 pm

you GT guys don't impress me with this wheelie talk...when you can rip one off for a mile and a half on an LT, talk to me!

lol

Pete

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #6 of 63 Old Sep 15th, 2007, 7:53 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
you GT guys don't impress me with this wheelie talk...when you can rip one off for a mile and a half on an LT, talk to me!

lol

Pete

Hey Pete...watch that...

Listen, healing the sick is one thing, but raising the DEAD is another!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #7 of 63 Old Sep 15th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpastorjack
Hey Pete...watch that...

Listen, healing the sick is one thing, but raising the DEAD is another!

Well, I bet you could do it once...but it ain't worth a clutch to be able to say "I did it"

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #8 of 63 Old Sep 15th, 2007, 2:21 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevandyke
Well, I bet you could do it once...but it ain't worth a clutch to be able to say "I did it"

So true...so true...

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #9 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 12:48 am

ASC = No Wheelie

I finally got around to reading my owners guide cover to cover. (Noticed a couple of typos -- guess that's what I get for buying a foreign bike! Unless the max line really is below the min line on the front brake fluid sight...)

Turns out the ASC will kick in on a wheelie. Now I know how I'm going to see what it feels like when the ASC kicks in. :-) Don't worry, you can turn it off.
post #10 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 1:34 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafidebob
Turns out the ASC will kick in on a wheelie. Now I know how I'm going to see what it feels like when the ASC kicks in. :-) Don't worry, you can turn it off.
ASC will kick in when there is a significant speed differential between the wheels. So if you keep the front end up long enough that the front wheel begins to slow, I guess it would interpret that as the rear wheel spinning faster and thus reduce power to the rear.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #11 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 5:04 am

Talking

Quote:
I finally got around to reading my owners guide cover to cover. (Noticed a couple of typos -- guess that's what I get for buying a foreign bike! Unless the max line really is below the min line on the front brake fluid sight...)
Actually...it depends what position the bike is in. Wheels down, or UP!
post #12 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 7:02 am Thread Starter

Darn...mine doesn't have asc.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #13 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 10:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I've done wheelies in 1st, 2nd, and third! Not that I "ride" them. But I do like getting the front wheel off the ground. Gives you that real "launched" feel.
I've seen Joe do this and personally believe he was bored at the time I know I was....then laughter filled my helmet-not sure 'bout Neils

Mike
post #14 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 12:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowofshoe
I've seen Joe do this and personally believe he was bored at the time I know I was....then laughter filled my helmet-not sure 'bout Neils
Huh?!?! Wasn't me! I would never do such things in a group setting. How irresponsible!

post #15 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 1:48 pm

Quote:
Huh?!?! Wasn't me! I would never do such things in a group setting. How irresponsible!

I saw him "kind of" gunning it in one town. Saw the wheel pop up a little. Wouldn't really call it a wheelie. I think Joe can do better. Then I'll call it a wheelie. It's a lot more fun reading Joe's joke postings after you have seen him and talked to him. Don't know if I've ever saw someone raz a waitress everywhere we went.

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
Only if you don't go!!!"
post #16 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Probably won't take that long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
ASC will kick in when there is a significant speed differential between the wheels. So if you keep the front end up long enough that the front wheel begins to slow, I guess it would interpret that as the rear wheel spinning faster and thus reduce power to the rear.
I don't think it'll be the front wheel slowing so much as the rear wheel speeding up. Once the front wheel is off the ground it won't go any faster, but presumably the rear will. I'm not planning to ride a wheelie down the road.... yet. :-)

Anyway, it's all just theory 'till I get off my lazy butt and go try it.

I got back on my GPZ1100 yesterday to run some errands and get it ready to sell. Wow, I forgot how much more "sport" the riding position is. I missed those extra 35 ponies too. Now I won't be so sad to see it go.
post #17 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 6:15 pm

I'm with Rob. If you think "wheelies" are cool then you're on the wrong website. What they are is illegal. Jack, it appears that you reside in NC. Well, in NC, doing a "wheelie" is considered wreckless driving and worth 5 points on your license. If you can afford the steep increase then by all means, let it rip.

It takes a certain type of rider to think wheelies and stoppies are entertaining. I put them in the same category as those that think "loud pipes save lives".

We don't need any more enemies than we already have.... grow up.

Brian
post #18 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 6:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-NC
I'm with Rob. If you think "wheelies" are cool then you're on the wrong website. What they are is illegal. Jack, it appears that you reside in NC. Well, in NC, doing a "wheelie" is considered wreckless driving and worth 5 points on your license. If you can afford the steep increase then by all means, let it rip.
So...you never speed either? Not just a few miles over the limit? Every else does it, right? Or pass in double yellow zones? Or . . . or . . . or?

Quote:
It takes a certain type of rider to think wheelies and stoppies are entertaining. I put them in the same category as those that think "loud pipes save lives".
That generalization doesn't even warrant a comment.

Quote:
What I don't need is more friends. And growing up just doesn't look all that attractive to me at this time in my life. I think I'll take a pass. Besides...it sounds like you have "grown up" all taken care of by yourself. And for that, I thank you kind sir.
post #19 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 7:49 pm Thread Starter

Quote:

Brian

Hey...Hey...Hey...Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I just found it amazing that my GT would actually do it after being on an LT (my previous bike). And, I do admit that I like it...and so do MANY others who can ride very well and are not into the "loud pipes save lives" kind of thinking...so whatever "class" that puts me in...well, so be it. And to be clear, I am not talking about stoppies or even extended wheelies. Just a slight lifting of the front wheel under hard acceleration.

Anyway, I apologize. I have been on this site for quite awhile and the vast majority of my posts have been very positive and an attempt to help others, not hinder. I guess, like most men, the kid side of me still likes to come out. I suspect it does in most of us.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #20 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 8:05 pm

Quote:
Hey...Hey...Hey...Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I just found it amazing that my GT would actually do it after being on an LT (my previous bike). And, I do admit that I like it...and so do MANY others who can ride very well and are not into the "loud pipes save lives" kind of thinking...so whatever "class" that puts me in...well, so be it. And to be clear, I am not talking about stoppies or even extended wheelies. Just a slight lifting of the front wheel under hard acceleration.

Anyway, I apologize. I have been on this site for quite awhile and the vast majority of my posts have been very positive and an attempt to help others, not hinder. I guess, like most men, the kid side of me still likes to come out. I suspect it does in most of us.

Hey Pastor J-

I'm not a great rider....but I'm with you...Wheelies are a blast

Last bike: 1986 XL600R Wheelies..what speed & what gear-didn't matter
What fun that is!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
BTW-take back your apologly PLEASE-I think we're riding bikes here!!!

Last edited by shadowofshoe; Sep 16th, 2007 at 8:10 pm.
post #21 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 8:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowofshoe
Hey Pastor J-

I'm not a great rider....but I'm with you...Wheelies are a blast

Last bike: 1986 XL600R Wheelies..what speed & what gear-didn't matter
What fun that is!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
BTW-take back your apologly PLEASE-I think we're riding bikes here!!!

I appreciate your comments, but I can't take it back. I want to set a good example. The first wheelie I did was on a entrance ramp to an interstate. I just didn't believe it would actually do it (being shaft driven and all) so I just fanned the clutch in first and WOW...it worked. The other ones (very intentional) were on private property with no one around to endanger.

Very frankly...I am not a lawbreaker. I support and believe in law enforcement. Without it, we have total anarchy. I never try to go over the speed limit. When I ride with others, I am usually being left behind, BECAUSE I obey the limits.

Furthermore, I have had several crashes on bikes...one was VERY serious. I am a very experienced rider and I began this whole thread simply because I was just wowed by the GT's power. Didn't mean to get a whole deal going on right and wrong. The law is clear...I just hope EVERYONE obeys them...then civilization is much better off.

Hey...I even think I've seen a few LEO's make mistakes from time to time. SO did this pastor....and I'm big enough to admit it.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #22 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Quote:

Brian
Come on, man. You've NEVER pulled a wheelie?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #23 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 9:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Come on, man. You've NEVER pulled a wheelie?
Nope, appears to be too busy on the lecturing circuit and doing some generalizations on his days off.

(Nope, not me, I didn't say that. Some alien force has taken over my keyboard. Wait! Stop! H E L P ! ! ! )

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #24 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211
Nope, appears to be too busy on the lecturing circuit and doing some generalizations on his days off.
And the very reason I won't post a pic of my GPS screen I showed you Saturday.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #25 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 10:34 pm

Quote:
GPS screen? I didn't see no steenkin GPS screen. I did see toast on a steek, steak on a steek, strawberry shortcake on a steek, even Bones on a steek, but no steenkin GPS screen! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it, on a steek!

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #26 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 10:46 pm

Wheelies vs Showing Off

I think there's a world of difference between having the front wheel come off the ground on your way up an on-ramp (fun!) and riding one wheel up and down El Camino Real at dusk (stupid.)

I'm all for the former, and believe me, when I experiment with the ASC-wheelie relationship it'll be in full gear on a quiet road, not in shorts and flip-flops while lane splitting at rush hour.

I think it's possible to have fun (a lot of it) within (or at least not too far outside) the letter of the law. And the GT seems to be a great bike for that.

I'm also a big fan of law enforcement and law, but with some restraint and moderation. I don't want to live in anarchy, but neither do I want to live in a police state. I think most people fall somewhere in between too.
post #27 of 63 Old Sep 16th, 2007, 10:46 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
I'd like to see it and compare notes, but that's what PMs are for.

But put me in the camp that can't see the reason to break traction on either wheel in any normal street situation. But then I can't see the point in purposely scraping pegs either, though I've never had anyone complain about me holding them up when riding together.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #28 of 63 Old Sep 20th, 2007, 10:51 am

Quote:
Check out this video on how to wheelie. Simple and basic stuff, I know, but very practical. And it is FUN to do on a GT! Mine will ride one a LONG way!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqqVJmsF6...elated&search=

Anyone else out there ever wheelie yours?
Just so I make sure I don't wheelie, I'm asking this question? Having a tad difficulty understanding the verbiage on a notebook computer coupled with the accents, seems like the opening exercise is 'wind' out the bike in 1st AND then 'slip' the clutch to get the front wheel off of the ground? Is that correct, just so I don't do that of course!?

John
Jacksonville, FL (USA)
post #29 of 63 Old Sep 20th, 2007, 11:15 am

On my (unspecified) sport tourer....bring it up to about 3K rpm in first and crack the throttle wide open. Front comes up easy as pie. I did it once, just to prove the method...

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #30 of 63 Old Sep 20th, 2007, 12:20 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Just so I make sure I don't wheelie, I'm asking this question? Having a tad difficulty understanding the verbiage on a notebook computer coupled with the accents, seems like the opening exercise is 'wind' out the bike in 1st AND then 'slip' the clutch to get the front wheel off of the ground? Is that correct, just so I don't do that of course!?

I think what he intended was to "wind up the rpms" to about 3-4k rpms in 1st and then just "blip" the clutch. Just kinda' "pop it" once.

Just be sure you don't ever do that, 'cause it might just cause a wheelie, which, of course, is something one would NEVER want to do intentionally.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #31 of 63 Old Sep 20th, 2007, 1:36 pm

Comfirmed ASC = no wheelie

I didn't try the blipping the clutch method, but I tried a couple of "really crank it up the on-ramp" type accellerations with ASC enabled and not enabled. With ASC on, as soon as the front wheel starts to come up there's a kind of vibration feeling and the wheel goes right back down. I don't notice any massive loss of acceleration or anything, just a kind of a buzz. It's actually pretty cool, I can just crank the throttle and get full sustained acceleration all the way up the on-ramp. (Of course then I have to slow down to legal highway speeds before merging. None of the on-ramps around here are short enough to require full throttle merging...)

With ASC turned off the same rapid start will get the wheel up.

Curiously, the ASC light didn't come on in the first case. According to the manual the light shows up when the ASC kicks in and stays on for a second after it cuts back out, but I didn't see this happen. I'm not sure what version of the bike OS is installed -- is there a way to get that to show up somewhere?

Anyway, now I know what ASC feels like, and I think I like it.
post #32 of 63 Old Sep 20th, 2007, 2:59 pm

Quote:
I'm not sure what version of the bike OS is installed -- is there a way to get that to show up somewhere?
There are numbers shown (look like serial numbers) when you read the ECU (per the GS-911). It won't tell you Version 6, 7 or whatever. Those are just the codes used by BMW software CD's supplied to the dealer.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #33 of 63 Old Oct 17th, 2007, 9:35 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Quote:

I detecting panties wadding BIG TIME!
Quote:

Jack, you didn't ruffle any feathers! There is just some big time wining going on. It always amazes me what makes a man's panties bunch!
Quote:
....I even think I've seen a few LEO's make mistakes from time to time. SO did this pastor....and I'm big enough to admit it.
Every man, regardless of his occupation, has made way more than a few mistakes. By admitting it we can then learn from it and grow. BUT, this is hardly a moral issue!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!

Last edited by jayjacobson; Oct 17th, 2007 at 9:44 pm.
post #34 of 63 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:26 pm

If you're gonna do wheelies, get the hell off the public streets. I don't want some genius taking me down because he lost it going down the on-ramp.

2007 R1200RT
post #35 of 63 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba_hashbrown
If you're gonna do wheelies, get the hell off the public streets. I don't want some genius taking me down because he lost it going down the on-ramp.
Are you able to walk on water, too?

-=grif=-

Grok
post #36 of 63 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:44 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
For those of you that live in So Kal--stay off the public SIDEWALKS also!
Quote:
Are you able to walk on water, too?
I think the So Kal drivers should practice walking on water first. Then, maybe, they would learn to DRIVE on it!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
post #37 of 63 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 1:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
I think the So Kal drivers should practice walking on water first. Then, maybe, they would learn to DRIVE on it!
Right now, the sokal folks just better be praying for some water falling from the sky!

2007 R1200RT
post #38 of 63 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 7:39 pm Thread Starter

My, oh my, I am amazed at how just the mention of a wheelie gets people wrapped around the axle. For cryin' out loud...I even apologized publicly earlier in this thread!

But then...I didn't notice any complaints from guys who own GT's....maybe that's because they ride bikes that CAN!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #39 of 63 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 9:26 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
My, oh my, I am amazed at how just the mention of a wheelie gets people wrapped around the axle. For cryin' out loud...I even apologized publicly earlier in this thread! ....
Jack, I told you that panties were a twistin'!
Quote:
Right now, the sokal folks just better be praying for some water falling from the sky!
If they would maintain a few hundred feet of defensable space around their property, they wouldn't have to pray!
Quote:
"Furthermore, I have had several crashes on bikes...one was VERY serious. I am a very experienced rider and I began this whole thread simply because I was just wowed by the GT's power.>>"

Somehow, something in that statement just doesn't look right.
Bubba, I don't know about you, but I'm man enough to admit that he crashes better than I do!

Last edited by jayjacobson; Oct 22nd, 2007 at 11:18 pm.
post #40 of 63 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:51 pm

<<"Furthermore, I have had several crashes on bikes...one was VERY serious. I am a very experienced rider and I began this whole thread simply because I was just wowed by the GT's power.>>"
---------------------------------------------------

Somehow, something in that statement just doesn't look right.

2007 R1200RT
post #41 of 63 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 5:53 am Thread Starter

You got that right! The only crashes I have ever had (and those were 25 years ago) were caused by showing off, or while racing.

Whew...just remembering the pain (and long recovery) make me want to slow down. I haven't done but one or two on the bike and USUALLY ride VERY safe and quite slow.

As I posted earlier, I didn't start the thread wanting everyone to think I was some kind of maniac, I was just amazed that this bike WILL loft the front wheel quite easily!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #42 of 63 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:27 am

Quote:
Scariest ride of my life - the night before last - in Southern California, from San Clemente to Anaheim. An entire hillside in flames near the 5 freeway. Smoke so thick you could hardly see. Wind blasts so strong they could easily blow you over, or blow a car into you.

I had ridden out easily enough though the "high winds" in the early morning, and expected the same on the return trip. The breeze was light when I left San Clemente, but after turning the corner at San Juan Capistrano, the whole situation changed. The wind came with terrifying force. I took it slow and careful and made it home safely. Call it luck or a watchful eye from above, but I made it.

Let me add that the "slab" faring, the 49 liter top case, and the tall windscreen on the K1200GT really caught the gusts. The side cases were off. The prevailing winds came from the side, but there were a lot of sudden gusts from all directions or a swirling action. Sometimes it felt as if the wind undercut me from below and sometimes it pushed from the top. I made it marginally better by lowering the windscreen all the way down and lowering my body position to reduce my side cross-section.
post #43 of 63 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 3:05 pm

Sounds like it would have been a not so perfect time to pull a wheelie.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #44 of 63 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 1:45 am

Angry

When I was only 15 years old I got a Suzuki GSXR1100 -- my very first bike and and that's what I took my permit and license test on believe it or not Ö the ultimate crotch rocket of the day

Since then I've only owned 1100 or 1300 Suzuki sport bikes, I currently have a 2006 Hayabusa

One of the things that I'm really proud of is that I've never, ever attempted or done a wheelie or anything close to it ... I don't even speed more than 5-8MPH over the speed limit

I know what some of you are thinking ... why buy a Hayabusa if you aren't going to do wheelies and go 180MPH? Itís just not something that I'm interested in - I have my own reasons for owning these bikes all my riding life

Just because you have the power doesn't mean you have to use it ... especially on a regular road ... I happen to prefer the 1100 and 1300 Suzukiís for the way that they handle and the stability that they have, I really don't care how fast the top speed is or how fast they can accelerate - but that's just me

I really don't mean to offend, but things like this kind of bother me because they appeal to high school kids with rockets and then they want to go out and show their friends the cool new trick they can do ... just my $0.02

In my opinion, stuff like this is why motorcycle insurance is so expensive for new riders, and also why there are so many fatalities from high school kids trying this kind of thing on a 180HP bike like I have and I honestly hope the people that see it have enough common sense to NOT try to do those things unless they have a LOT of riding time under their belt, and they are on a track with lots of support people and emergency equipment because they WILL need it sooner or later
post #45 of 63 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 9:26 am

Man, if you will just read the thread. Not a hooligan type thang. You've never, ever pulled a wheelie? True that, I've pulled more wheelie's accidentally than on purpose, well, at least since I quit riding dirt.

But, you've NEVER pulled a wheelie?

BTW, going 8 over is still speeding and you ARE breaking the law. So, if you're gonna pull the pious, walking on water thang around here, take off the lead shoes first.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #46 of 63 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 11:37 am

I speed. (A LOT!)
I do wheelies. (...whenever I feel like it.)
AND...I pass on double-yellow A LOT.

I know my limitations. Just don't try to enforce your limitations upon me.
Please.
post #47 of 63 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 7:47 pm Thread Starter

Man, oh man! This thread has been more fun than any wheelie ever! Kinda' thing we need to liven it up around here! I was gettin' bored!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #48 of 63 Old Nov 25th, 2007, 11:51 pm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Please.
+1! Now if we can just get the government to learn this...

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #49 of 63 Old Nov 26th, 2007, 12:05 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
....So, if you're gonna pull the pious, walking on water thang around here, take off the lead shoes first.
Quote:
I speed. (A LOT!)
I do wheelies. (...whenever I feel like it.)
AND...I pass on double-yellow A LOT.

Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
+1! Now if we can just get the government to learn this...
+1! I can just feel one of the panty wadders nuttin' up tighter than a rusty drum!

post #50 of 63 Old Nov 26th, 2007, 7:03 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
+1! I can just feel one of the panty wadders nuttin' up tighter than a rusty drum!
Nah, it's just you, Jay.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in