Tank Bag Recommendations - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 9:34 am Thread Starter
TJD

Tank Bag Recommendations

Hey all - As previously told, I'm new to the spout touring world and am in the middle of upgrading all of my riding gear to better support a longer riding season and longer rides. Don't think I need to get myself a top bag yet but a decent tank bag would be great for small storage and map access. Any great ones out there? I am a tad cash poor after buying new bike, helmet and jacket so I don't want to break the bank if I can help it. Also don't want to buy anything that is going to scratch my tank. Any advice?

Thanks,
TD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 9:53 am
Gold Supporter

Only one recommendation: Chicane.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 4:59 pm

TD, You can find lots of good advice on tank bags on this site. The odd shape of the LT limits your choices. For what it's worth, I have used an RKA tank bag (specific model for the LT) for the last 24K miles and my only complaint is the map sleeve is just a little too small. You have to be a creative folder but that's it. A simple, thoughtful design. Made in the USA.

Take a look @ www.rka-luggage.com

Brian
Charlotte, NC

post #4 of 7 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJD
Hey all - As previously told, I'm new to the spout touring world and am in the middle of upgrading all of my riding gear to better support a longer riding season and longer rides. Don't think I need to get myself a top bag yet but a decent tank bag would be great for small storage and map access. Any great ones out there? I am a tad cash poor after buying new bike, helmet and jacket so I don't want to break the bank if I can help it. Also don't want to buy anything that is going to scratch my tank. Any advice?

Thanks,
TD
Hey TD, I use a Chicane on my GT. The water bladder is great, the bag holds a bunch, has an integrated waterproof cover in the front (wish it was just waterproof), well made, zippers all work good and have pulls and I'd buy it again. Oh, I did. I had one on the LT.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #5 of 7 Old Sep 15th, 2007, 10:37 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-NC
TD, You can find lots of good advice on tank bags on this site. The odd shape of the LT limits your choices. For what it's worth, I have used an RKA tank bag (specific model for the LT) for the last 24K miles and my only complaint is the map sleeve is just a little too small. You have to be a creative folder but that's it. A simple, thoughtful design. Made in the USA.

Take a look @ www.rka-luggage.com
I've been happy with that RKA bag for 80K on the LT, and 30 on the GS. Except for the map case. Brian you and I aren't alone with this complaint. I talked with Richard at CCR (the R in RKA) and he has heard this so many times they are working on a bigger case. The problem has been fear of litigation if a larger case comes loose and 'causes' an accident. Send Richard an email through RKA's website and get on the list for a map case that will actually hold a map. WooHoo.

Motor On ,/'

post #6 of 7 Old Sep 15th, 2007, 12:38 pm

I have THIS bag. Very nice bag and looks good on the bike, as it follows the lines nicely.
post #7 of 7 Old Sep 17th, 2007, 12:18 pm Thread Starter
TJD

Thanks for all the tank bag info guys. I plan to check out of few of the options this weekend.

T

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in