NE Ride Sept. 20 - 24 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 10:52 pm Thread Starter
TJD

NE Ride Sept. 20 - 24

Don't know if any of you guys live in New England but I'm planning a 4 day ride with a couple friends for next weekend. We'll be heading from Mass. to the White Mountains on Day 1, into Vermont and down Route 100 on Day 2, over to Lake George, NY on Day 3 and Day 4 will be the return home. If anyone is interested, drop me an e-mail.

TJD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 2:09 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Welcome, Tim. Sounds like a great ride. I've been through that area in a car, but haven't been fortunate enough to have a bike out that way yet. Enjoy yourselves.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 4:58 am

You had me at NE.
Sounds like a great ride.
My only problem is NE in my part of the world means Nebraska.
A New England ride this time of the year sounds great, are the leaves changing yet? If I wasn't going to California at the end of the month, I just might be crazy enough to take you up on your invitation. Have a great ride.

GT-1Let's Ride!

post #4 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 6:17 am

Tim:
Too bad, we're going to miss each other in VT by a day. I'm going up on Friday, riding Saturday and coming home Sunday. Have a great trip and be safe.

Ray

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #5 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 10:54 am Thread Starter
TJD

<A New England ride this time of the year sounds great, are the leaves changing yet? >>

GT1 - Sorry for the NE reference. I need to keep in mind that I am posting to a very broad audience No leaves changing up here yet but we'll have some 40 degree temps this weekend. I suspect that the foliage will be about 50% when we're up there.

Ray - Too bad on the missed connection. Maybe another time. If we do make it out Lake George way, are there any routes or stops that I should include? I've never ridden out there, so that part of the route plan is a bit loose as of now.

Thanks,
T
post #6 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 7:43 pm

If you're north of Waterbury VT when you begin to head to NY, take 100 south to route 17 in Waitsfield. Route 17 is a great ride past Mad River Glen ski area and over the mountain (major twisties, be careful!). Continue on 17 to Chimney Point (follow signs to bridge to NY). Once across the bridge, take 9N south and it will be a great ride through Bolton Landing and down into Lake George. Have a safe ride and maybe we can meet up another time.

Ray

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne
post #7 of 8 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 10:14 am Thread Starter
TJD

Thanks Ray - Mad River Ride sounds great. If I don't get there this weekend, I'll save the tip for another trip.

TD
post #8 of 8 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 3:11 pm

TD - No problem, whatever route you take, make sure it's a safe one.

Ray

Ray Rau
Brewster, NY
'99 LT - Champagne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in