'07 Gt Seat, Clutch And Hesitation Issues!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Sep 8th, 2007, 10:45 am Thread Starter

'07 Gt Seat, Clutch And Hesitation Issues!!!

Yes guys this is another posting complaining about the seat on the GT!!!!

I am so sick and tired of the seat on this bike that I need to get it resolved or it will have a new home before long!

I bought it in June and it just turned 5,000 miles. My rear is constantly sore... I ride the bike everyday to work! I thought I would get use to it, but I am done waiting or trying!!!!

So, my question to all of you is this..... What seat do you have, where did you get it, how much was it, and most importantly... ARE YOU HAPPY WITH IT!

I'm 34 yrs old, 6' tall, 32" inseam and about 190 lbs. And help you can offer would be appreciated!!!!!

My only other issue is the clutch on my bike is right at the very end. I only have to pull the clutch about 3/8" to disengage it. It makes riding the bike sort of hard because of the short pull. Has anyone else had this same issue?

I love the GT, I don't feel as if it runs as well as it should. Sometimes when accellerating out of a corner the engine boggs almost like it loses fuel for a second. I am going to take it in for the 6,000 mile service soon. I am hoping the clutch is something that can be adjusted and the hesitation is a dirty filter..... Who knows???

Nearly 60,000 miles on my '98 K12RS and never a complaint or issue!!!! NEVER!!! There are days I miss that machine, I know many of you find that hilarious compared to the GT!!

ANY HELP or COMMENTS would be appreciated!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:03 pm

I rode Pastor Jack's gt before and after he had his seat re-vamped, major improvement over the stock seat, get hold of him and try work something out to get yours re-done, good price for the quality of work and a quick turn around from the guy who does the work.
post #3 of 11 Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:03 pm
Super Moderator

As for the seat, there are so many options out there I don't know why you aren't pursuing one already. Corbin, Russell, Rick Mayer, Bill Mayer, Sargent, and a few home-spun shops. I have Rick Mayer saddles on both of my bikes, so I can highly recommend his product.

Clutch pull - That may be adjustable at the dealer. I know it can be a PITA leaving a stop, but when on the road and going through the gears I would certainly perfer a short throw like that.

Hesitation - when you go in for the 6K service make sure they update you to the latst version of the software for the engine mangement system.

HTH

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old Sep 8th, 2007, 9:21 pm Thread Starter

Hey guys thanks.... I have already been talking to PastorJack. The only issue with that is he's in NC and I am in KY. I would have to shoot up on Advil and head East!

With my seat I just don't know if I could make it!! :-)

I have an appointment setup with Bloodworth cycles in Nashville towards the end of the month. I really hope they can do something to the clutch.

Thanks for the tidbit on the software. Mine has near been updated because through the first 4200 miles it ran just fine.

David... The reason I haven't already bought a seat is because of this..... We all know how much these machines cost, so I don't need to go there, right?

So, you pay big bucks to ride a Beemer and than you have to turn around and buy a seat. And do I even have to mention that the seats start at about $1,000!!!!!!!!

That is absolutely ridiculous..... What makes me even more upset is the fact that later in '07 BMW realized that they screwed up and changed the design of the seat. Rumor has it that it is 300% better than the original design.

I know everyone is tired of hearing about the seat on here.... But it just furiates me! So, Now I am at the point of spending the GRAND for a seat or selling the bike. I really don't want to sell the bike, I love the bike, but when do you say enough is enough?

I know there isn't a bike made that can fit everyone... But still were just talking about the seat!!!!!!!!

I'm done crying about this... You probably really don't want to hear (read) it...

Bud
post #5 of 11 Old Sep 8th, 2007, 11:21 pm

I have a Russell day long and it is a great seat.
However, I'm looking for something for driving to work/short runs.
I ordered the new "low seat" option. I'll let you nowhow it works out.
I have an '06.
post #6 of 11 Old Sep 9th, 2007, 7:08 am

Hey Bud, they won't be able to do anything with the throw on the clutch. I actually love it. A slight pressure and/or fan, a flick of the gear and you're in zoomsville. The clutch is like that to shift fast. You'll get used to it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
post #7 of 11 Old Sep 9th, 2007, 11:44 am
Super Moderator

Not sure where the $1000 number is coming from, unless you're custom building passenger and rider seats, custom multi-color leather, etc. Rick Mayer can build you a custom front seat for the GT as low as $319

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-rmcycle/prices.html

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #8 of 11 Old Sep 9th, 2007, 10:04 pm

6'2" 32" inseam, 215......Sargent seat....LOVE IT! Clutch...its designed that way. With most Beemers you dont have to pull the clutch all the way in to shift, just a short grab and go....

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #9 of 11 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 10:34 pm Thread Starter

Rick Mayer????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor
Not sure where the $1000 number is coming from, unless you're custom building passenger and rider seats, custom multi-color leather, etc. Rick Mayer can build you a custom front seat for the GT as low as $319

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-rmcycle/prices.html

Thanks for the tip... But nobody on here ever talks about these seats!

It seems that everyone likes the Sargent better!

Anyone know why?
post #10 of 11 Old Sep 13th, 2007, 10:39 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNASH88
It seems that everyone likes the Sargent better!
I'll disagree with that, but I'll also note that the Sargent is less of a custom seat than simply a replacement seat. Some guys just want to drop on a new seat and worry less about getting one custom fitted.

Try a search for Rick Mayer, Bill (Rocky) Mayer, Russell, and/or Kontour. That should keep you busy reading for a while.

Or, you could just start here.

I went directly to Bill Mayer Saddles the day I picked up my GT to have the seats done. I'm averaging 1K miles a week, with many 1,000+ mile days on his seat. No complaints here at all.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Last edited by meese; Sep 13th, 2007 at 10:45 pm.
post #11 of 11 Old Sep 14th, 2007, 12:23 pm Thread Starter

OK guys... Here is the latest....
I called Sargent today to see about pricing, time, etc....

The front and rear seat in Heated CarbonFX (Vinyl) is $789.

If you want the stupid BMW logo stripe removed add another $20.

However, they offer a 30 day trial on the seat, all you have to do is return it.

Oh but wait... You wanted a heated seat..... So you would be subject to a 15% restocking fee if returned.

So.... $121.35 to try the seat for 30 days.

Not to mention, I talked to Bill at Sargent.... What a jerk!!! He had the personality of a fence post!

NO SARGENT for me!! Thanks for the tip on the others, I will be calling them!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in