J&M CB Mount - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 1:07 pm Thread Starter

J&M CB Mount

Does anyone know of a mounting bracket that can be used to mount the J&M 2003 model CB Radio to the left handlebar on the 2007 model GT?

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 6:39 pm

J&M mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve4325
Does anyone know of a mounting bracket that can be used to mount the J&M 2003 model CB Radio to the left handlebar on the 2007 model GT?

THANKS!
I got mine from Cycle Gadgets. Their online site is; http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

Good people!

Rob Lessen
Arma KS

'73 Honda XL250
'91 R100GSPD
'07 K12GT
'07 R12RT
post #3 of 7 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 7:37 pm Thread Starter

I have checked out that website. Not sure which one I need? They don't list a mount that's specific to the GT for the CB.

post #4 of 7 Old Sep 6th, 2007, 7:09 am

J&M mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve4325
I have checked out that website. Not sure which one I need? They don't list a mount that's specific to the GT for the CB.
Go to the Communication area, J&M area, and look at mounts. It's the same as the R12RT, $39.99. Or give them a call to be sure.

I've got both bikes and they are the same mount since the switch gear is the same.

Best,

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

bikes
post #5 of 7 Old Sep 6th, 2007, 8:50 am

I got the mount from CycleGadgets and thought it was a good attempt but didn't like the way it intruded into my view of the instruments. I then used it as a pattern to make a modified version that moved the control module for the CB out toward the end of the bar but not enough to intrude into the mirror. In order to make that work I had to tilt the mount and control unit upward enough to let the push to talk button work because I didn't want a separate push to talk button. In the end, it all worked out great. Tilting the control unit had another advantage in that the display can be really difficult to read in the dark and until I tilted it I had to scrunch down at night to read it. Now that it is tilted up to my line of vision it is really easier to read at night.

I used blank aluminum stock from the local hardware store and painted it flat black when done. Really satisfied with the results but it took patience and several attempts before I got a mount designed that I liked.

Dan Forker
post #6 of 7 Old Sep 6th, 2007, 7:37 pm

J&M mount

Dan, mmmmm, if you made a couple others of your pattern, I bet I could buy them.........

What you corrected, the lack of tilt and the distance from the grip, is what I would want.

Best,

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS

bikes
post #7 of 7 Old Sep 6th, 2007, 8:12 pm Thread Starter

Hey Dan, Can you give me a part number for the mount that you have. I am pretty handy. If I can get close I can work something out.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in