Rumor no more...

Announced today at the Milan show
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newgt.jpeg
Views:	2400
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	720  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 7:17 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

And here are some other pictures from Milan

Different view of the K1200GT

New R1200S

New F800ST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	newgt2.jpg
Views:	2600
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	721   Click image for larger version

Name:	r1200s.jpg
Views:	2354
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	722   Click image for larger version

Name:	f800st.jpeg
Views:	2376
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	723  

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #3 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 8:57 am
Senior Member (ret.)

New P bike?

Humm, the GT could make a nice Police bike platform. I can just visualize it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy

post #4 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:13 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

You mean like this?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	2360
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	725  

-
post #5 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:16 am
Senior Member (ret.)

post #6 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:33 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

That will be the "interceptor" model for CHP

-
post #7 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:51 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

Here is the text translated from German:

Quote:
The K 1200 GT the past K 1200 GT follows and is based on the innovative engine technology of the K 1200 S and K 1200 R. the second generation of the GT offers driving dynamics on high level. In addition considerably the engine tuning particularly designed for high torque contributes, which to sovereigns road performances as well as maximum Agilitaet leads. The achievement of the Sporttourers will amount to over 110 kW/150 HP. Also the chassis components do not leave open desires. The same technical basis has the K 1200 GT as the K 1200 S and offers to the customers the front wheel guidance Duolever, the Paralever for the rear wheel guidance as well as special equipment the electrically adjustable shock strut (ESA). The GT earned the name "Gran Turismo" like no second. To the series trim the adjustable seat and an adjustable steering wheel belong. The wind sign can be electrically individually adapted. Further components of the equipment are the luggage system as well as the BMW motorcycle integral ABS in the part-integral version. In addition BMW motorcycle holds a custom-made offer ready at special equipment and option. Perfect wind and is enclosure and the optimal driving equipment offers the new K 1200 GT for route and long-distance drivers. The machine is surprisingly narrow nevertheless and works very elegantly.

-
post #8 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 10:25 am

What's up with the "Robo Cop" angular styling on BMW's nowadays????

Hmmm.....
post #9 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 10:52 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

It's that David Robb styling thing. You know, the "I design on computer so I can only do straight lines" thing. I am convinced that if anyone bothered to do these models in clay, the angular thing would have been abandoned.

-
post #10 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 10:55 am

Ya know....sometimes the old ways are better. Clay models have real character.

I know the designers are trying to come up with fresh styling but all the angular designs of cars, motorcycles, etc. in the past (1980's come to mind) sure do look dated now where as the rounded designs seem much more pleasing as time goes by.

I dunno...maybe I'm being too picky but the current LT has that clean design which I prefer. But that's just me.

What da hey!!!
post #11 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 11:02 am

I agree. I sure hope they don't screw up the LT in it's next generation. I DO NOT like the new GT! Especially the slab sided look of the lighter color. WAY too much flat surface.

If the new design of the LT looks anything like the new GT, used LT prices will likely go up though!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #12 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 11:08 am

Gives us an idea on how ugly, imho, the new LT is going to be.
post #13 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:49 pm

After looking at the original post by eljeffe id would guess that BMW has placed them self right in the market area of the likes of the Honda ST1300 etc.

I have no doubt the GT will do very well in the market place.

Ex 2001 LT Rider. Still have plenty of experience to share though
post #14 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 4:01 pm

I like the new direction . . . and I have a feeling that most will eventually like them as well, given time. I will be buying the next generation LT.
post #15 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 5:41 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

I just heard that the new K1200GT will make it to US Shores for the Cycle World Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, CA - Dec 9-11, 2005.

The specs say it will have 152 HP and 130 nm Torque.

-
post #16 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 5:56 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Yikes on the Tq. That's about 95.88 lb-ft.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Raffy
post #17 of 32 Old Nov 15th, 2005, 7:23 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
I dunno, David. The slab side would be a good place to put a map of the US (world) so that you can click off states (countries) as you pass through. Kinda like those big stickers you sometimes see on RV's.

It kinda looks like what I expected, based on the S bodywork. I remember the first time I saw an LT, all I thought was that it looked bulbous. Then I rode one, and didn't care how it looked. Now I'm kinda used to it, and appreciate the style, and the space and comfort it provides.

I'll sit on the GT at the Cycle World show, and probably test ride one when they get to my local dealer. I think I'd like it, but I'm concerned about passenger comfort as well. So overall I'll have to wait for the new LT to compare before making a choice. For me, how it feels is much more important than how it looks (as confirmed by my unofficial Rat Bike HDDC nickname ).

At least they learned from the previous GT and actually lowered the muffler so they could fit a full size saddlebag. That's worth a lot in itself.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #18 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 7:42 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

More pictures from the Milan show:

Dario's other Milan pictures can be found at:

http://www.darioengeler.ch/album/thu...page=1&sort=dd

-
post #19 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 7:49 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

I think this picture confirms some of the initial rumors regarding the creature comforts:

- cruise control
- heated grips
- heated seat
- electrically adjustable windshield
- ESA

Notably missing is the radio option. However, is it an optical illusion, or is that a compartment on the right fairing shelf that looks similar to the RT's radio compartment?

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	1612
Size:	482.0 KB
ID:	753  

Last edited by eljeffe; Nov 16th, 2005 at 7:56 am.
post #20 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 8:53 am
Prodigal Son

Wink In addition BMW motorcycle holds a custom-made offer read(German computer translator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
It's that David Robb styling thing. You know, the "I design on computer so I can only do straight lines" thing. I am convinced that if anyone bothered to do these models in clay, the angular thing would have been abandoned.
Maybe it's the F-117 approach---now if the fairing only cam in a R A M version---but the I'd only want an H U D and a F/C switch--some of us are never satisfied--

ed early
Life is a Blind Curve , Just Ride It, Low and Inside
'00' Canyon Red
post #21 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 9:07 am
Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure this will be a great bike to ride and I hope it draws down some R12RT sales so I can get one of those at a good price in a year or so ;-)

Todd R.
Grapevine, TX USA

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"You will now be thrown into the Obamaucracy. In his belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly taxed to death over the next four years."
post #22 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 10:06 am
IBR# 366

Garage
It's also got the headlight/parking light/off switch on the right grip cluster. But then it is a Euro model bike.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #23 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 11:33 am

Dang! Talk about a wide-body fat-ass motorcycle!!! From the back that sucker looks 5 feet wide!!!!

Oh, well, at least HD still knows how to design a piece of art...now only if they could build a good motorcycle and I would ride one again....
post #24 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:32 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
You know, all I really care about is how it looks from the cockpit, while leaned into a corner at full-tilt. Make it comfortable enough for thousand mile days, and I'm sold. Outside appearances and public reactions are just fluff.

Of course, I really ought to wash my LT now and again, just so I can remember what color it is.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet

post #25 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 6:45 pm

Shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
I just heard that the new K1200GT will make it to US Shores for the Cycle World Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, CA - Dec 9-11, 2005.

The specs say it will have 152 HP and 130 nm Torque.
Hmmm...thanks for the info ElJeffro.

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #26 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 6:47 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

FYI: One of my little birdies that feeds me little tidbits about BMW says that the compartment on the right is for the radio and that the same audio system used by the R1200RT will be available as an option for the K1200GT

-
post #27 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 7:27 pm

Seem like a back step to me. Like my old K100RT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BMW_Bike.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	761  

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #28 of 32 Old Nov 16th, 2005, 8:04 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

And looking at the layout of the R1200RT and the potential of the K1200GT, it appears that a radio option is quite plausible.

BTW, the rear rack on the new GT looks identical to the one on the R1200RT, which means the 48 litre topcase is available as an option.

There are also rumors of a 6.5-7.0 gallon tank, so the fuel range will be interesting to see.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	1354
Size:	445.1 KB
ID:	762  

-
post #29 of 32 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 9:39 am

Hey I have a radical idea. How about we just keep the LT the way it looks and put that more powerful engine/transmission/drivetrain in it. I like the style of the LT, it's purty, still turns heads. That Euro-techy-pseudospaceship look doesn't float my boat. Change for the sake of change is no good. Now if the new look has a functional side, i.e. significant wind resistance and handling improvement, weight reduction without loss of functionality OK I'll listen. I suspect when I will be in the market for a new bike I will be buying the last model year of the current LT on the used market and there will be plenty to choose from cause everyone will want the hot "new" bike. Beside then I can bolt on my recently acquired custom seat and my butt will be happy.

Adversity builds character.

BMW MOA #: 115771
My rides: '01 K1200LT Black (of course)
'00 BMW 540i (also black)
'76 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 (not black)
'06 Toyota Landcruiser (black again)
post #30 of 32 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:22 am
Lifetime Supporter

Of course, I really ought to wash my LT now and again, just so I can remember what color it is. [/QUOTE]

That would spoil the ambience, wouldn't it?

am·bi·ance also am·bi·ence ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mb-ns, ä-byäs)
n.
The special atmosphere or mood created by a particular environment: “The noir ambience is dominated by low-key lighting... and deep shadows, creating feelings of disorientation, loneliness and entrapment” (UCLA Film/TV Archive).

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (Coming soon!)
2013 R1200GSW
> 26k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles and counting!
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #31 of 32 Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:47 pm

Thats too funny .... What a GREAT ! photoshop ADD ON of the CHP logo.

Indentical picture of the same bike

What a jokster.

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #32 of 32 Old Nov 21st, 2005, 7:45 am
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg
Dang! Talk about a wide-body fat-ass motorcycle!!! From the back that sucker looks 5 feet wide!!!!
All that space and so tiny a brake light--
I know the bags are removable , but it would be nice if they had some optional lights.

ed early
Life is a Blind Curve , Just Ride It, Low and Inside
'00' Canyon Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in