Newbie and first improvement project - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 4:04 pm Thread Starter

Newbie and first improvement project

Hi Guys,

Just picked up an 07 GT and am really enjoying it. 500 miles within the 1st 24 hours of ownership.

Had a bad scratch on the top of one saddlebag. Grab rails were funky and the 49 ltr trunk had been dropped by the previous owner the first day of his ownership.

So, I scuffed everything up and masked it off after picking up a few cans of Krylon truck bed coating. Sprayed 3 coats and couldn't be happier with the results.

Total cost: 12 American bucks plus an hour or so in labor by the time I get it all back together.

When can I post pix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 4:33 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Re: Newbie and first improvement project

Welcome to the BMW experience! Unless you are on the "witness protection list," how 'bout adding your location. There may be others near you that could enjoy your company on occasion. Although it is not required, it could be beneficial if you ever run into a situation needing hands on assistance from a knowledgeable Beemer Buddy.

I like your quick fix for the cosmetics. Not only practical and inexpensive, but probably durable as well. Hope you enjoy many miles of smiles on your BMW. I think there's a minimum number of posts you have to accumulate before you are allowed to post pictures. (10 posts I think?), but surf the titles and post your thoughts & experiences and it shouldn't take long to qualify enough posts to allow pictures.

Never declare a cherished memory as "the best day of my life"...it will forever diminish the possibility for "Tomorrow" being the "Best Day!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 8th, 2019, 5:41 pm Thread Starter

Re: Newbie and first improvement project

Yep...thanks
Previous 1100RT owner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in