07 k1200gt Clutch Replacement Specialty Tools? - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By bmwcoolk1200
  • 1 Post By beech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Mar 19th, 2019, 10:45 am Thread Starter

07 k1200gt Clutch Replacement Specialty Tools?

I got a private message about a user that is willing to lend me the tools. Unfortunately, I have not posed enough to be able to respond. So will someone please send me a personal email to e l i a s t f k @ g m a i l . c o m (no spaces).

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Mar 19th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Re: 07 k1200gt Clutch Replacement Specialty Tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliastfk View Post
I got a private message about a user that is willing to lend me the tools. Unfortunately, I have not posed enough to be able to respond. So will someone please send me a personal email to e l i a s t f k @ g m a i l . c o m (no spaces).

thanks!
Run your count up here. Keep posting till you have enough.
eliastfk likes this.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Mar 20th, 2019, 12:46 pm

I think you only need the clutch basket wrench and a thin wall 30mm socket. I use the Facom brand deep 12 point socket available on Amazon for a reasonable price. It is one thickness of electrical tape smaller that the spring pressure plate access hole. This allows you to put that tape on and line up the plate with the center bore (the nut). The crank lock device I used it but I don't remember if it really helped. I carefully blocked the handle of the basket holding tool so there was no movement of it. But that tool costs 96$, the wrench for the basket was near 100$'s. There are several threads on the job if needed. Using the factory tool on the drive scissor gear is less than ideal. I ended up with a drill bit in the hole. If you remove the basket this is part of it all. If you just change out the plate pack with out removing the basket many things are avoided. Here is a thread with a bunch of great photos, it basis is new springs in the basket, ignore that part. But the photos and techniques for the job are good.
http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=53584
eliastfk likes this.

Beech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I change your tires $40, you buy them on the web.
K13S, S1000R (gone through a few GS's & RT's)

post #4 of 4 Old Mar 21st, 2019, 10:42 am Thread Starter

I also need the tool that goes in the crankshaft position sensor hole to stop rotation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in