k1300s pannier install help - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Feb 12th, 2018, 8:58 am Thread Starter

k1300s pannier install help

I purchased the BMW retractable pannier kit that goes onto the k1300s but can not figure out how they attach, and received no directions with the kit. I received hardware, but no mounting brackets, not sure if they are needed or not but it seems like there should be some. Can anyone help by providing photos, links, or whatever they can so I can get my bags on. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Feb 13th, 2018, 11:06 am

Re: k1300s pannier install help

Is this a Factory OEM part for the factory sport bags? If so the dealer should be able to come up with a copy of instructions. I have not heard of the part you mention. If it is aftermarket, I would find the supplier on line and email them for instructions. The factory mount is a bar for each side that is held on with a few bolts underneath and on the side. No brackets.
Well went for a walk, I figured out you have the stock racks for the expandable stock bags. If you take one, they are not side interchangeable, and hold it under the rear of the bike you will see bolt holes, one in the back and a couple (as I remember up front). It should be self explanatory. Once you see it, the job is only a few minutes. The bar positions almost directly under the edge of the small side plastic under the rear seat. Down about 3 inches.

Beech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I change your tires $50, you buy them on the web.
K13S, S1000R (gone through a few GS's & RT's)

Last edited by beech; Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:38 pm. Reason: Sun broke through on my walk.
post #3 of 4 Old Feb 13th, 2018, 12:52 pm

Okay, just went up and looked at mine. One piece rack assembly, it secures via bolts, 4 total. Rectangular recesses in plastic under bike rear section just in front of the turn signal pods about an inch are the rear main points. The front bolts on with smaller bolts just behind the back of the rear foot peg triangle mount bracket on the square tube sub frame. Those are 6mm allen, the rear are larger, I suspect 8mm but not positive. Bike mount points are all threaded so you should have 4 bolts and a one piece frame to mount.

Beech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I change your tires $50, you buy them on the web.
K13S, S1000R (gone through a few GS's & RT's)

post #4 of 4 Old Feb 13th, 2018, 9:40 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Go to the Max BMW Parts Fiche, and find the K1300S page (or enter your VIN).

Click the 77-Accessories link in the upper right, then scroll down to Diagram #77_0115 - CASE HOLDER/MOUNTING PARTS.

That will give you a drawing and part numbers for the factory saddlebag mounting kit (71 60 7 684 618 SET: CASE HOLDER), including the hardware (71 60 7 680 841 SET: MOUNTING KIT FOR CASE HOLDER, Qty 2 needed) and instruction manual (01 29 7 692 136 INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS, CASE HOLDER).

Checking Diagram #77_0116 - SPORTS CASE, it looks like you'll also need some additional saddlebag mounting hardware (71 60 7 680 840 SET: FASTENING SET). You should just need one of those kits, but I think I'd double check with the dealer, just to be sure.

That's around $240 in parts, unless you go with the current 20% off deal from Hermy's BMW before the end of February.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in