Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
Re: K12GT/K13GT highway pegs
I have had a set of them since last summer (Father's Day gift) and really enjoy them. I recommend them highly.
Here are a few observations:
* The simple design and basic operation are clever. They just work. When you want them, they are there. When you want them out of the way, they just flip up with a quick ankle motion, and they are totally out of the way.
* The fit and finish are superb.
* I had to remove my Verholen peg lowering kit to install them. Then again, if you have these nice highway pegs, do you really need a peg lowering kit? The absence of the peg lowering kit makes rear braking easier anyway.
* More bug splats on the toes of your boots.
* Your feet get cold when they hang out in the breeze and the weather is cold. Of course, you can always tuck them back in on the regular pegs, for a while, so they can warm up behind the faring.
* Because of the way that they rotate, they won't support hanging your legs over the top of them to stretch out. At least they don't do it very well. It works, sorta, but they tend to rotate back toward the stored, upright position.